Re: MATCHWATCH : Fulham (h) sponsored by a Yann Kermorgant penalty

by URZZZZ » 01 Oct 2019 21:04

NewCorkSeth Ffs. Boye is coming on.

Great :roll:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Oct 2019 21:04

Snowflake Royal Disgraceful. First time in my life I've left a game early. I'm not watching another second of that shambles to have to stay overnight in Reading or have 4-hour journey home in the small hours.

Even before the goal or the red Fulham were carving us apart. The defending for their first was shocking. You could see the goal coming easily seconds before.

We're wide open on the flanks. We've got no presence in midfield and they all look clueless.

Gomes has managed to make a midfield of Swift and Kelly look hardcore competitive.

They're all so slow to react
Playing on their heels. No communication, no understanding. Ejaria looks utterly lost.

At least we can't play him and Swift in the same midfield next game. Simply doesn't work. You can't have 2 CAMs, 3 FWs and 2 attacking wing backs in the same side.

I don't believe in early savings and Gomes shouldn't go yet, but if he's here at Xmas I'll be amazed. Dead man walking and rightly so at this point.

You cant lose 4 out of 5 home games.

You taking any of the blame for going along Ian?

alfie9

by alfie9 » 01 Oct 2019 21:05

It had to be Fulham, didn't it. This club wants to hurt me

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Oct 2019 21:05

What the oxf*rd was Morrison doing there???

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 01 Oct 2019 21:05

Anyone else wishing we had given Novakovich a chance rather than spunking £13m on average strikers down the drain, and potentially putting ourselves in real financial trouble when we get relegated to League 1?!

Ok then...maybe that’s a bit OTT
Last edited by Notts Royal on 01 Oct 2019 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Oct 2019 21:06

alfie9 It had to be Fulham, didn't it. This club wants to hurt me

It is not Fulhams fault we are oxf*rd atrocious.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 01 Oct 2019 21:06

Wow. A lot of posters opinions of Gomes have changed after that 45 mins.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2019 21:07

Who Moved The Goalposts? No leadership from Moore, and no coincidence he is our worst defender. His sense of positioning is dreadful and he has zero awareness of where the threats are. If I was the manager, he'd be the first to go. Just awful.

Yep. Our defence is a shambles and our longest serving defender is captain. Take a oxf*rd look at yourself Moore.

It's like McShane all over again.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2019 21:08

Notts Royal Anyone else wishing we had given Novakovich a chance rather than spunking £13m on average strikers down the drain, and potentially putting ourselves in real financial trouble when we get relegated to League 1?!

Ok then...maybe that’s a bit OTT

I think Puscas is ok. But give me Nova over him at that money, Joao, Loader or Baldock any day of the weak.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Oct 2019 21:09

Snowflake Royal This is my fault because I went to the game.

At least you admit it.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 01 Oct 2019 21:10

There's a reason we swapped to 5 at the back. When you rely on your RB and LB for all you attacking width you are wide open

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2019 21:11

Hound
Snowflake Royal Disgraceful. First time in my life I've left a game early. I'm not watching another second of that shambles to have to stay overnight in Reading or have 4-hour journey home in the small hours.

Even before the goal or the red Fulham were carving us apart. The defending for their first was shocking. You could see the goal coming easily seconds before.

We're wide open on the flanks. We've got no presence in midfield and they all look clueless.

Gomes has managed to make a midfield of Swift and Kelly look hardcore competitive.

They're all so slow to react
Playing on their heels. No communication, no understanding. Ejaria looks utterly lost.

At least we can't play him and Swift in the same midfield next game. Simply doesn't work. You can't have 2 CAMs, 3 FWs and 2 attacking wing backs in the same side.

I don't believe in early savings and Gomes shouldn't go yet, but if he's here at Xmas I'll be amazed. Dead man walking and rightly so at this point.

You cant lose 4 out of 5 home games.

You taking any of the blame for going along Ian?

On one level, obviously not. I can't possibly influence anything on the pitch.

On another level why do you think I left at HT.

TBH at this point I might just make sure I go to all the home games to get rid of Gomes quicker and go down to put us out our misery.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Oct 2019 21:11

royalp-we Wow. A lot of posters opinions of Gomes have changed after that 45 mins.

When you know, you know,

They are getting worse, not better, and there are no signs it's suddenly going to click. They look a very poor football team and with the players we have available this should not even be a discussion. No point waiting around for a miracle that is not going to happen.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Oct 2019 21:12

11809 Reading fans at the game plus 2000 or so from Fulham

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Oct 2019 21:13

John Madejski's Wallet There's a reason we swapped to 5 at the back. When you rely on your RB and LB for all you attacking width you are wide open

Yeah, the problem with that is we're actually playing with wide forwards so they don't need to be our only width. Yet they're still playing so high.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Oct 2019 21:18

FiNeRaIn
royalp-we Wow. A lot of posters opinions of Gomes have changed after that 45 mins.

When you know, you know,

They are getting worse, not better, and there are no signs it's suddenly going to click. They look a very poor football team and with the players we have available this should not even be a discussion. No point waiting around for a miracle that is not going to happen.

Justifiably. There is talent there. There are 3 experienced very good quality centre backs available, there is a myriad of very good midfield quality and some decent striking option at the club. The team should, at least, be making up the numbers in a comfortable mid table position yet the management seem incapable of getting anything resembling a decent hone performance out of the players and if points are earned it seems more by accident than design.

Another shocking load of **** at Bristol City and I think JG is likely to be a couple of bad results from the Spanish archer with in form Preston, QPR and Forest to come.
Last edited by Sutekh on 01 Oct 2019 21:21, edited 1 time in total.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 01 Oct 2019 21:20

Can you please stop going to oxf*rd games Ian. Ffs.

Side note - atmosphere is brilliant all things considered. C1871 best thing to happen to the club in the last 5 years.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 01 Oct 2019 21:25

It's weird being shit every season. I remember looking at all those teams fans from those mediocre clubs over the years when they came to the Mad Stad and wondering how they do it. How do they get the motivation knowing they have no hope, a high turnover of managers, poor crowds and a oxf*rd team every week that looks clueless. Knowing full well they are going to battle relegation every season. That is now us, we are the oxf*rd team with bad crowds, who people expect to pick up an easy 3 points off, and complain on their message boards they should be beating teams like Reading. Football really is cyclical :lol:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Oct 2019 21:26

Liam Moore is brilliant apparently.

230 posts