Ian Royal
8%

Total votes: 202
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Next Manager

by CountryRoyal » 12 Oct 2019 13:57

Steve_Upper_West
2 world wars, 1 world cup BTW anyone questioning Gomes' sacking will do well to note tomorrow is one of the few Saturdays this season we can be certain we won't lose. Coincidence?

NO........ we are not playing :roll:

Whooooooosh

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 12 Oct 2019 14:12

Has any team unveiled a new manager at the weekend? Guess we'll have to wait until Monday at the earliest to discover our new manager.

The front runner in the betting has changed hands a few times hasn't it? Wonder how the club have managed to keep it a secret til now?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Oct 2019 14:16

Steve_Upper_West
2 world wars, 1 world cup BTW anyone questioning Gomes' sacking will do well to note tomorrow is one of the few Saturdays this season we can be certain we won't lose. Coincidence?

oxf*rd hell Steve

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Oct 2019 14:38

Sutekh Neil Harris now in the betting at 8/1

GetReading have also suggested Ian Culverhouse and Željko Buvač if the club was looking for some real leftfield options though on no real grounds other than who they’ve worked with as assistants.

Also suggested Cesare Prandelli. :lol: :lol:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 12 Oct 2019 15:05

morganb Has any team unveiled a new manager at the weekend? Guess we'll have to wait until Monday at the earliest to discover our new manager.

The front runner in the betting has changed hands a few times hasn't it? Wonder how the club have managed to keep it a secret til now?

Probably because the club have about as much of an idea as anyone else. There's no secret to keep.

I'd also place precisely zero weighting on bookmaker odds at this point. They don't predict the future, they try to stop themselves losing money.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 12 Oct 2019 15:26

Where's Andy Bernal when you need him?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 12 Oct 2019 15:36

Mark Bowen now 11/10 fav with SkyBet ! WTF

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Oct 2019 15:48

Gunny Fishcake Mark Bowen now 11/10 fav with SkyBet ! WTF

The bookies don`t have a clue, he was 2/9 earlier in the week, then Hughes was 5/4 on Thursday, now Bowen again, it won`t be either of them.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 12 Oct 2019 19:11

Winston Biscuit
Crowbar6753 I've always liked the German model of football, they play fast, attractive free flowing football and their managers seem to have that strong personality about them.
One team who where fancied for relegation were SC Freiburg, however they are tearing up the Bundesliga and currently sit in 4th place, which is no mean feat. The club from the South of Germany are about the same size of Reading fc and are ofen seen as a yo yo club.
Their manager is Christian Streich, i did a wiki search and he is said to have a "Enigmatic and Energetic Personality" and also known as a "Firebrand and Philosopher" who is a cult hero with their fans!!
Maybe this chap would like a crack at English football, and as Freiburg isn't a massive club, maybe our owners could tempt him with their cash.
Will probably get shoot down for this, but hey, can't be any worse than some of the names being thrown around :D

You are suggesting that someone who has managed a team to sit in a champions league qualifying position in one of Europe's 'big 5' leagues might want to quit so he can move away from his home country to manage a team who are trying to avoid relegation to the 3rd tier?

Sillier things have happened lol......thought he might like a challenge :D

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 12 Oct 2019 19:33

oxf*rd it. Bring in the legend that is Dylan Kerr. Respected manager with heaps of successful international experience - and a right Royal legend to boot.

It's either the sentimentality of Parky, or Dylan Kerr My Lord, or Shooooot Murty ... or some nasty narcissist like Keane, IMO.

But Hughton or Ainsworth, please, in all reality.

oxford-nick

by oxford-nick » 12 Oct 2019 19:43

We all know we miss Steve Clarke

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 12 Oct 2019 19:48

The deafening silence is pretty hard to take at the moment, especially during the international break with no football. The longer we go with nothing happening is becoming a bit of a worry tbf.
I guess the delay of appointing a manager is looking like ruling out those currently out of a job, unless they are haggling over demands and wages etc....
So i guess its looking like a manager who is currently employed? i also have a feeling that the owners may throw a curve ball and really surprise us with this next appointment. They have cash to burn, and i really get the feeling they want to do well, and to be honest the appointment of Jose and the whole saga last time was a bit of a mess and will have hurt.
I wouldn't be surprised if they want to make amends and get someone big in to move the club forward, and lets be honest, if you throw enough cash around someone will take the bait.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 12 Oct 2019 21:27

Crowbar6753 The deafening silence is pretty hard to take at the moment, especially during the international break with no football. The longer we go with nothing happening is becoming a bit of a worry tbf.
I guess the delay of appointing a manager is looking like ruling out those currently out of a job, unless they are haggling over demands and wages etc....

It's not even been a week yet.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 12 Oct 2019 21:37

Keane is working as a pundit on the England games. I don't know whether Hughes is working as a pundit on the Wales games. It would be impossible to name either of them before the internationals finish so it is possible that it's one of those two.

I wouldn't be happy if it was Keane (remembering his assault on that Man City player) , but it is what it is.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Oct 2019 21:56

Hampshire Royal Keane is working as a pundit on the England games. I don't know whether Hughes is working as a pundit on the Wales games. It would be impossible to name either of them before the internationals finish so it is possible that it's one of those two.

I wouldn't be happy if it was Keane (remembering his assault on that Man City player) , but it is what it is.

I would be very unhappy if it was Keane. Horrible individual who was O’Neill’s number two in running an Ireland side that played football belonging in the dark ages.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Oct 2019 22:26

genome
Steve_Upper_West

oxf*rd hell Steve

:lol:

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 12 Oct 2019 22:29

This was in newpaper article today..Slavisa Jokanovic, currently manager of a Qatari league club was being interviewed about the World Cup in Qatar, but he also added,

“But working in England was a great experience for me and, in the future, I expect I will have another opportunity to work in the Premier League or Championship.

“I am the only coach outside of Britain to win two promotions to the Premier League.

“The best place to work as a manager is in England. We will see what happens in the future.”

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Oct 2019 22:37

DOYLERSAROYALER This was in newpaper article today..Slavisa Jokanovic, currently manager of a Qatari league club was being interviewed about the World Cup in Qatar, but he also added,

“But working in England was a great experience for me and, in the future, I expect I will have another opportunity to work in the Premier League or Championship.

“I am the only coach outside of Britain to win two promotions to the Premier League.

“The best place to work as a manager is in England. We will see what happens in the future.”

If that's a "come and get me" plea then I hope the Owners are taking note!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Oct 2019 00:11

Notts Royal Roy Keane...shocking manager, even worse pundit. Big no for me. Makes Hughes seem an attractive proposition!

Hughton or Jokanovic

You can insult Roy Keane as a manager but I will not stand for criticism of his punditry.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Oct 2019 00:39

sandman
Notts Royal Roy Keane...shocking manager, even worse pundit. Big no for me. Makes Hughes seem an attractive proposition!

Hughton or Jokanovic

You can insult Roy Keane as a manager but I will not stand for criticism of his punditry.

This. He’s absolutely the best pundit. No They’re my football mates. He fcuking gets stuck in.

Especially Man U

606 posts