Franchise FC The level of negativity to this is breathtaking.
1. No-one on here (one potential exception) will have any idea how much MB was involved in the upturn in form either last season or at the start of this.
2. No-one on here will have the slightest notion as to how successful or otherwise his ideas were when working with Mark Hughes. However unlikely, it is possible that all the good stuff in Hughes management has been driven by MB.
3. No-one on here knows anything at all about the relationship MB has with either the players or the owners.
4. No-one on here knows what's gone on with the Gomes sacking. If, as has been noted earlier, MB was taking orders from the owners rather than NH, then they may have stated directly to him : 'Sack Jose'. At which point there's a vacancy. Then MB applies for said vacancy, completely above board.
5. If MB needs a heavy to sort out some of the players, he knows who to call (would you argue with Sparky ?).
You can all make the wild assumptions, but none of you have any idea (as I said, with one potential exception).
I didn't know Jose at all but he seemed a genuinely nice guy. Sadly, in that role, being nice may not have been enough. If MB is a nasty piece of work and it starts getting the right reaction from the players, who everyone agrees are underperforming, then I for one will be extremely happy.
one of the reasons no one knows anything about him as a manager is because hes never been manager before, which in itself a valid cause for concern
that said, we have a good record with that kind of appointment in the past