-----------Puscas--Baldock

Walker
Obita
McIntyre
Adam
Rinomhota
Barrett
Loader

Same tactics. Feel harsh on Rinomhota but Pele was decent. Cant justify dropping either Swift or Ejaria.

Would probably have Blackett on the bench. If, or when, we have our attacking options back, we can cope with just Blackett as the only defender on the bench because every position is covered (with Rino as the cover for the RB role). Why we had McIntyre, Richards and Blackett on the bench yesterday was beyond me. Surely having Barrett, McCleary even would have made more sense

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers (a) sponsored by an Ingimarsson header

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Oct 2019 13:34

Snowflake Royal
Hound
NewCorkSeth ------------------Rafael
---Miazga---Morrison---Moore
Yiadom-----------------------Richards
--------------Pele----Swift
------------------Ejaria

Walker
Obita
McIntyre
Adam
Rinomhota
Barrett
Loader

Same tactics. Feel harsh on Rinomhota but Pele was decent. Cant justify dropping either Swift or Ejaria.

Be amazed if that isn’t the starting line up (except at LB where depends on Obita’s recovery) - assuming everyone is fit bar Meite, Joao and Boye

Remember Preston had a very average away record and we were at home. QPR are also going well and this time we're away.

I'd look to stifle them for 70 minutes and then try to nick a late win. Which for me means a more defensive line up and a stronger midfield. Rino's also our best midfielder for carrying the ball forward at pace, which could help us on the break.

I know. But I cant justify dropping any of the midfield 3. I mean, in terms of ability, Pele is the *least* good but he did well. Keep it for one more and see where we are after QPR.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Oct 2019 13:41

URZZZZ
------------------Ejaria

Walker
Obita
McIntyre
Adam
Rinomhota
Barrett
Loader

Would probably have Blackett on the bench. If, or when, we have our attacking options back, we can cope with just Blackett as the only defender on the bench because every position is covered (with Rino as the cover for the RB role). Why we had McIntyre, Richards and Blackett on the bench yesterday was beyond me. Surely having Barrett, McCleary even would have made more sense

You are probably correct. But the Obita/Richards competition should guarentee the other a spot on the bench.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Oct 2019 14:15

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
Hound
Be amazed if that isn’t the starting line up (except at LB where depends on Obita’s recovery) - assuming everyone is fit bar Meite, Joao and Boye

Remember Preston had a very average away record and we were at home. QPR are also going well and this time we're away.

I'd look to stifle them for 70 minutes and then try to nick a late win. Which for me means a more defensive line up and a stronger midfield. Rino's also our best midfielder for carrying the ball forward at pace, which could help us on the break.

I know. But I cant justify dropping any of the midfield 3. I mean, in terms of ability, Pele is the *least* good but he did well. Keep it for one more and see where we are after QPR.

#teambeforeindividuals

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 20 Oct 2019 16:20

Snowflake Royal
Hound
------------------Ejaria

Walker
Obita
McIntyre
Adam
Rinomhota
Barrett
Loader

Unfortunately Rino doesn't have the flair and creativity to go alongside his determination and tackling skills.
I wonder if playing Rino, Pele and Swift in a midfield 3 with Ejaria further forward just behind the one striker might be a better approach.
The permutation of 2 up front doesn't seem to work with the personnel that we have and I am not sure which of our generally misfiring strikers becomes the one as none of them seem strong enough and with the required degree of ball control to play that role.

These expensively acquired strikers, along with those we had already ,need to show much, much more-it would have been handy in building a squad to have a couple of orthodox wingers to call upon as well..

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Oct 2019 16:27

Snowflake Royal
Lower West Rino would have started against PNE, if well. With Pele on the bench.

Reckon might see both Rino and Pele start with Ejaria dropping out. Pragmatic approach would be to setup for a draw,

Can you imagine a tiring midfield and defence looking over to see old twinkle-toes Ejaria coming on for Pele. Especially if any of them are on a yellow. What a bummer!

As the game opens up then Ejaria does become more effective. I prefer both Swift and Ejaria to play. Though not while it's five at the back. The formation is far too narrow.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Oct 2019 17:26

Victor Meldrew
Snowflake Royal
Hound

Unfortunately Rino doesn't have the flair and creativity to go alongside his determination and tackling skills.
I wonder if playing Rino, Pele and Swift in a midfield 3 with Ejaria further forward just behind the one striker might be a better approach.
The permutation of 2 up front doesn't seem to work with the personnel that we have and I am not sure which of our generally misfiring strikers becomes the one as none of them seem strong enough and with the required degree of ball control to play that role.

These expensively acquired strikers, along with those we had already ,need to show much, much more-it would have been handy in building a squad to have a couple of orthodox wingers to call upon as well..

He doesn't need flair and creativity. He can let the other attackers do that, whilst he breaks up play, feeds them and bursts forward to the lay it off.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Oct 2019 18:54

Snowflake Royal
Victor Meldrew
Snowflake Royal Remember Preston had a very average away record and we were at home. QPR are also going well and this time we're away.

He doesn't need flair and creativity. He can let the other attackers do that, whilst he breaks up play, feeds them and bursts forward to the lay it off.

Exactly this. I would rather have him in the team than Pele but he didnt do anything to deserve being dropped. Let's not over tinker.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Oct 2019 23:04

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
Victor Meldrew

Exactly this. I would rather have him in the team than Pele but he didnt do anything to deserve being dropped. Let's not over tinker.

I don't think it's over tinkering to get your midfield balance right and bring back your best midfielder after some sickness.

It's one change, with one other for a probable injury - so forced, and maybe a other for fitness - semi-forced.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Oct 2019 00:21

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal He doesn't need flair and creativity. He can let the other attackers do that, whilst he breaks up play, feeds them and bursts forward to the lay it off.

I don't think it's over tinkering to get your midfield balance right and bring back your best midfielder after some sickness.

It's one change, with one other for a probable injury - so forced, and maybe a other for fitness - semi-forced.

Rinomhota and Pele shoring up midfield, drop Swift or put him in at number 10.

We need to be more resilient. Rinomhota is our best player.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 21 Oct 2019 00:40

As my ex used to say “Just leave it alone”.

Clean sheet felt good on Saturday. Definitely feel we should stick with the same 11 (injuries permitting).

Simply bring Rino on for Pelé or Yiadom when they tire.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Oct 2019 07:29

I could be persuaded to put in Rino and move Swift further forward for this one. Don’t think he will though, Swift was pretty good defensively on Saturday

We need to keep a very close eye on that Eze chap. I really rate him

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Oct 2019 07:47

Hound I could be persuaded to put in Rino and move Swift further forward for this one. Don’t think he will though, Swift was pretty good defensively on Saturday

We need to keep a very close eye on that Eze chap. I really rate him

As does the rest of the civilised world apparently. Looking forward to watching him.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Oct 2019 07:59

Think it is time to bring in Gunter for the very poor Andy Yiadom.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 21 Oct 2019 09:09

leon
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Exactly this. I would rather have him in the team than Pele but he didnt do anything to deserve being dropped. Let's not over tinker.

Rinomhota and Pele shoring up midfield, drop Swift or put him in at number 10.

We need to be more resilient. Rinomhota is our best player.

If fully recovered from whatever his illness is I'd agree although weirdly all 3 League games we've won , he hasn't been in the starting line up.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Oct 2019 11:22

Same team unless Meite is not fit - Baldock to come in.

I think Baldock/Puscas could be a very good partnership as they are different styles of player who may well compliment each other. Baldock's pace and willingness to run channels could be a very useful outlet tomorrow night.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Oct 2019 11:44

Stranded Same team unless Meite is not fit - Baldock to come in.

I think Baldock/Puscas could be a very good partnership as they are different styles of player who may well compliment each other. Baldock's pace and willingness to run channels could be a very useful outlet tomorrow night.

Interesting! I would have said they were very similar style of player other than Puscas having a stronger drive to shoot.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Oct 2019 14:21

Scored just one goal against them in 5 games and that was a certain Sone

Our last results against them :
0-0
0-1
1-0
2-0
0-1
1-1
1-1
0-1

Yet Sky are always insistent on choosing it as a game :|

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Oct 2019 15:31

Think one option is to go with 1 striker and the extra midfielder.

Therefore

Rafael
Yiadom Miazga Morrison Moore Obita
Rinomhota Pele
Swift Ejaria
Puscas

If two strikers were to be used think I’d actually put Baldock in alongside Puscas but otherwise keep the same as Saturday injury/illness allowing.

Issue for Reading really is still being too narrow at times and not enough pace.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 21 Oct 2019 15:56

NewCorkSeth
Stranded I think Baldock/Puscas could be a very good partnership as they are different styles of player who may well compliment each other. Baldock's pace and willingness to run channels could be a very useful outlet tomorrow night.

Interesting! I would have said they were very similar style of player other than Puscas having a stronger drive to shoot.

Not sure how well that partnership works if we are going more direct/long ball (which we may do, away from home)?

269 posts