BFTT - QPR (A)

142 posts
Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

BFTT - QPR (A)

by Westwood52 » 22 Oct 2019 22:45

What an appalling refereeing performance,which could have had a huge effect on the game.
We started really well,when Ejaria was on fire;we then had a very poor 50 minutes,before coming back strongly at the end.
A good result however.
IMHO

Rafael 6 No chance on the goals,but apart from that had little to do.A bit of a cock up with Morrison however.
Yiadom 8 MOM,physical and a constant threat on the right going forward.
Miazga 1 Absolute muppet could easily have been sent off.Where would we have been then, with an hour to go ?
Morrison 7 Very solid performance,but nothing spectacular.
Moore 5 Bad positioning on the first goal.
Rino 7 Had his hands full with Eze,but provided a lot of drive.For long periods had to cover a lot of holes.
Richards 3 Totally lacking in confidence.One good cross in a game isn’t enough of a contribution.Surely Blackett is the better option?
Ejaria 5 Mesmerising in the 1st half then totally disappeared in the 2nd.Comparisions with Eze weren’t great,who put in 90 minutes of contribution,without quite hitting Ovies best heights.
Swift 5 Until late on played Hollywood.Needs to be more professional.
Puskas 5 Hugely at fault for the 1st goal,but got his goal,and won a few clashes 2nd half.
Baldock 5 Should have scored 1st half,then a few half chances at least he was in the right place.

Macca gave it a go

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTT

by Oilroyal » 22 Oct 2019 22:53

watched it on sky..thought the ref was standard rubbish tbf.

as I said on the other thread, I thoroughly enjoyed this game. It was like watching a Reading team of old..,.not too much pissing about. I’m happy with that and with a little improvement, over time we'll start picking up points. 3 at home and 1 away will do me!

I'll be honest.. I think Moore is shite

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Oct 2019 22:54

Those ratings are incredibly harsh!

Miazga was poor. Should have been sent off, then did a poor clearance from their free kick and was then bullied for their second. Moore and Morrison were solid enough

Yiadom was typical Yiadom. Some brain dead moments, some stronger moments. Richards was poor today, with some sloppy passes and sloppy defending

Rino did well on the whole but he gave away too many fouls and was allowing QPR to build momentum up. Swift wasn’t as effective as he can be but played some nice passes around. Ejaria was streets ahead of anyone in the first half yet wasn’t great in the second

Puscas is terribly slow. And some of his passing was horrific but he showed good signs of a partnership with Baldock, scored and showed movement throughout. Similarly Baldocks movement was class but he should have scored early on

Fair play to McCleary, I’m not a fan, but he showed us what he can do. Some nice plays throughout and looked energised

QPR looked dangerous going forward and you’ll struggle to see a better duo than Wells and Hugill up top. However their defence is poor and they’ll struggle to make top 6 i think with that in mind

Ref was just beyond hopeless. Missed out an obvious penalty for QPR and then tried to even it out by giving them everything. Our first free kick was minute 54. Absolute nonsense!

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 22 Oct 2019 23:04

54th minute award of our first free kick for a foul on an outfield player. Exactly the same time as the Swansea PO final. Uncanny

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 22 Oct 2019 23:07

Puscas weirdly reminds me of Hope Akpan, occasional moments of real quality mixed among mostly looking like a non league player.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Oct 2019 23:10

URZZZZ Those ratings are incredibly harsh!

Miazga was poor. Should have been sent off, then did a poor clearance from their free kick and was then bullied for their second. Moore and Morrison were solid enough

Yiadom was typical Yiadom. Some brain dead moments, some stronger moments. Richards was poor today, with some sloppy passes and sloppy defending

Rino did well on the whole but he gave away too many fouls and was allowing QPR to build momentum up. Swift wasn’t as effective as he can be but played some nice passes around. Ejaria was streets ahead of anyone in the first half yet wasn’t great in the second

Puscas is terribly slow. And some of his passing was horrific but he showed good signs of a partnership with Baldock, scored and showed movement throughout. Similarly Baldocks movement was class but he should have scored early on

Fair play to McCleary, I’m not a fan, but he showed us what he can do. Some nice plays throughout and looked energised

QPR looked dangerous going forward and you’ll struggle to see a better duo than Wells and Hugill up top. However their defence is poor and they’ll struggle to make top 6 i think with that in mind

Ref was just beyond hopeless. Missed out an obvious penalty for QPR and then tried to even it out by giving them everything. Our first free kick was minute 54. Absolute nonsense!

His ratings are harsh after every game, Ejaria 5 is laughable, he didn`t disappear in the second half and had a hand in our goal with some trickery on the wing.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Oct 2019 23:13

Simon's Church Puscas weirdly reminds me of Hope Akpan, occasional moments of real quality mixed among mostly looking like a non league player.

You don`t like him, fair enough, but don`t talk a load of shit,, slightly better than your hero i would say.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Oct 2019 23:27

URZZZZ Puscas is terribly slow. And some of his passing was horrific but he showed good signs of a partnership with Baldock, scored and showed movement throughout.

I'd take that as a major positive. So far this season there's been little sign of the any front two pairing building any sort of partnership. Not that they've been closer than 30 yards during the games.

At least it seems Bowen is less concerned with the niceties and more with getting the players fired up. We may learn a lot more about the players characters. Which ones will last the course,

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 22 Oct 2019 23:31

Just back
Quite entertaining and as other away games I have attended, feel a little miffed we didn't get the three points we deserved. Anyone watching that game would probably have said that we were higher up the table than them.

Like others have indicated. The ref had a shocker.
Surprised to see a comment about Miazga. Didn't see the incident myself, presume it must have been at the fakies end.
He was probably pissed off with the lack of support from the ref, who gave the fakes everything all night. The ironic cheers when we actually got a decision tells you all you need to know.
Our midfield controlled the game. Ejaria was class again, Swift and Rhino were excellent.
Defence more or less held their own, although there were a couple of shaky moments.
Confidence building goals for Puscas and Sam.

Probably would have taken the draw before the game. Oh and the fans were class again.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Oct 2019 23:37

Rafael - Could have done better with the first. No chance with the deflected second. Nothing else of note. 6

Yiadom - Tireless as usual. Did well at the end to prevent QPR going through on goal but could have given one away with the handball. 7

Miazga - Incredibly stupid. 5

Morrison- Did all he needed to do, another good performance. 7

Moore - Bit of a nightmare for the second goal. 6

Richards - Did ok but got caught ball watching quite a few times and almost let them in. 6

Rinomhota - Great energy in midfield. Staked his claim for a more regular starting place. Booked due to the incompetent referee. 7

Ejaria - Best player on the pitch. Brilliant assist for the first goal. 8 MotM

Swift - Typical Swift. Improved in the second half after Bowen changed tactics slightly. Needs to cut out the stupid passes like back heels, without looking, that go straight to the opposition and put us under pressure. 7

Puscas - Took his goal well but lost it far too easily for the first QPR goal. 7

Baldock - Worked very hard tbf. Missed a very good chance in the first half that showed why he is not a natural finisher. In the right place for his goal. 7

Subs:

Mccleary - Had a point to prove and did so. Let's hope he can keep it up. 7

Tuncará Gomes - Came on and helped us see it through to the end. 6

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Oct 2019 00:04

Anyone saying the Miagza incident was a clear red is an idiot. It was stupid of him to do as it should have given the referee a decision to make, over something needless but even if he had seen it was probably a yellow at most.

Thought Rino was actually class (have been a critic in the past) and we looked impressive for large spells. As another poster above said - does feel more like the Reading of old. Also - still love Gomes.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 23 Oct 2019 00:09

An enjoyable Reading QPR game don’t get many of those. Glad there’s no var in the Championship as would have been down to ten and they would have had a pen. That apart plenty of effort and endeavour and some decent football at times. Pluscas took his goal well but he was poor overall. A deserved point same again on Saturday please.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTT - QPR (A)

by windermereROYAL » 23 Oct 2019 01:14

Seeing the Miazga incident again, the guy had hold of his shirt and wouldn`t let go and went looking for afters when Matt shrugged him off, the prick got what he deserved but probably made a meal of it, it was a swinging arm, no way on elbow.
He`ll likely get 3 games though.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 23 Oct 2019 02:57

Thought we were excellent in the first half and deserved to go in at least level.

We marked Eze out of the second half and they marked Ejaria out of the second half and it showed with the quality dropping but I still thought we were very good value for the draw, which is encouraging.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 23 Oct 2019 06:49

A well deserved point.

Rino was immense breaking things up, getting his foot in and keeping the ball. Not pretty but very effective.

Biggest plus of the night: Puscas and Baldock. At last we have a forward who knows where to make runs and can actually control the football. Full credit to Baldock. Him and Georgie Boy were starting to gel and with both of them running - one in, one out - they'll start to terrorise defences. Just need to get some service into feet. Great to see them both score and from the away end it looked as though Puscas took his goal well.

Good to see GMac back, too. Never gave up on that ball that he nudged past the defender and kept in right on the corner flag and then produced a wicked cross that was just a smidge too near the keeper.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Oct 2019 06:52

Yeah we did well. Miazga was lucky but don’t think he’ll get a ban. Prob a yellow card. He seemed to be rattled by Hugill who is a notorious shithouse all night. Little surprised by that but worst I’ve seen him by a distance

Didn’t think Eze did that much. Ejaria stood out over him tbh.

Swift had a good game. Gets a lot of critics on here for Being soft, but the defensive part of his game has improved massively. Prob our best all round midfielder now

Definite signs of a partnership up top. Few of us suggested Puscas/Baldock could be good and there were encouraging interplay

Delighted with a point, esp as The back 3 all didn’t have their best game

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 23 Oct 2019 07:50

It is evident that the style of play that Gomes implemented doesn't suit these players. Bowens got them playing a more intense and direct style and we look a much more dangerous side without changing the formation.

We played alright but I think this team can grow into this adapted style of play. I think sometimes the players don't mix it up enough. They need to be clever and adapt to the teams situation. If that improves then we'll be a very decent side.

Delighted to see McCleary and Baldock back in making an impact. Both had a point to prove.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Oct 2019 07:57

Only bad thing to come out of the evening was Miazga now facing a 3 game ban. It was a clear strike to the head behind the ref's back, ban incoming.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 23 Oct 2019 08:06

Tyrone Mings stamped on a players face and didnt get a retrospective ban.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 23 Oct 2019 08:16

Old Man Andrews Only bad thing to come out of the evening was Miazga now facing a 3 game ban. It was a clear strike to the head behind the ref's back, ban incoming.

Dont be a oxf*rd idiot.

142 posts