MATCHWATCH : Millwall (h) sponsored by new manager bounce

yuomi

Re: MATCHWATCH : Millwall (h) sponsored by new manager bounce

by yuomi » 30 Oct 2019 08:03

Seriously, any chance that folks who are constantly at each other's throats can just go and open topics in AE where they can flame away to their heart's content?

That's basically an entire first page of a match thread taken up with sub-petty squabbling...

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 30 Oct 2019 08:12

yuomi Seriously, any chance that folks who are constantly at each other's throats can just go and open topics in AE where they can flame away to their heart's content?

That's basically an entire first page of a match thread taken up with sub-petty squabbling...

HNA bugbear #1

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Oct 2019 08:33

URZZZZ
Denver Royal
URZZZZ
As you said your after comments in August, I find that hard to believe! Yes, your original comments were back in December last year but then you got involved in the Rino argument in the Cardiff match thread. Re-read that yourself if you don't believe me.

I can assure you I haven't ever sent you a PM. Although I do recall you sending something to me along those lines back in April time (around that anyway. Maybe you're getting confused with that or with another poster)

I have no problem with you. I just didn't appreciate the sly dig personally. Whether or not it was intended in that way, no-one knows apart from you. And I'm sorry if it wasn't. But we all interpret things in our own way

Arguments? Or, a forum for discussion. Which, should be encouraged?
I’ve made observations of players as young as 5 years old.
Again, you’ve criticized Academy grads....waaay more than I have.
If I rode you on that (which I haven’t, right?), would that facilitate discussion?

Well, I’d say a discussion doesn’t involve two people name calling (your initial posts back in December with SR) and then you saying my posts are often filled with “ridicule” back in August. And it’s ok if you think that because at least you’re being honest. A discussion is different and I’d like to think most of the time, we can and do do that (the Rino “discussion” is a one off hopefully in that regard)

And I believe you when you say you’ve made observations of players younger than Rino. You’re generally considered a good poster on here who talks sense. Of course my “yet more nonsense” comment was slightly tongue in cheek and is an example of me writing before I think (surely most are guilty of that)

It wasn’t the fact you criticised an academy player. By all means, any pro (no matter how old/young) has room for improvement and it’s good to teach them at a young age. I just completely disagreed with your observation. That’s normal, isn’t it? If you said the same thing about Baker, I’d have said the same thing. Doesn’t matter if he’s an academy player. You made good points that Rino didn’t score/create enough to be a box to box player. And I agreed with you there. But that doesn’t make him any worse a player, surely? As you hinted at

Gents, you both look like a right couple of plonkers, you're both losing in this.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 30 Oct 2019 08:42

This is a new low point for this forum, NAY, the entire internet in general.

The 2 absolute worst posters on this place having a petty argument and crying over nothing. Good god. It can only get worse if dave royal comes back.

URZZZ has had a very tough week tbf.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Oct 2019 08:53

The Enfield Royal71 This is a new low point for this forum, NAY, the entire internet in general.

rare agreed with DD

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Oct 2019 08:55

Of all your characters, DD at least you could have fun with Dave-Royle. Enfield Royal, OMA and John Smith characters are all a bit samey.

Plus Ian thought Dave was actually genuine.
Last edited by sandman on 30 Oct 2019 09:16, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Oct 2019 09:12

Denver Royal
URZZZZ
Denver Royal Arguments? Or, a forum for discussion. Which, should be encouraged?
I’ve made observations of players as young as 5 years old.
Again, you’ve criticized Academy grads....waaay more than I have.
If I rode you on that (which I haven’t, right?), would that facilitate discussion?

Well, I’d say a discussion doesn’t involve two people name calling (your initial posts back in December with SR) and then you saying my posts are often filled with “ridicule” back in August. And it’s ok if you think that because at least you’re being honest. A discussion is different and I’d like to think most of the time, we can and do do that (the Rino “discussion” is a one off hopefully in that regard)

And I believe you when you say you’ve made observations of players younger than Rino. You’re generally considered a good poster on here who talks sense. Of course my “yet more nonsense” comment was slightly tongue in cheek and is an example of me writing before I think (surely most are guilty of that)

It wasn’t the fact you criticised an academy player. By all means, any pro (no matter how old/young) has room for improvement and it’s good to teach them at a young age. I just completely disagreed with your observation. That’s normal, isn’t it? If you said the same thing about Baker, I’d have said the same thing. Doesn’t matter if he’s an academy player. You made good points that Rino didn’t score/create enough to be a box to box player. And I agreed with you there. But that doesn’t make him any worse a player, surely? As you hinted at

You’ve no problem with me? Gee, thx!
I’m a good poster who talks sense? (Yeah, if only you were an authority.)
You were only tongue in cheek? Er, ok.
Stop ref me and SR a year ago for your personal agenda and manipulation.
Not that you’d know, but SR and I have agreed, and disagreed, many many times the last 30-odd years. It worked well, and it facilitated you. A beautiful thing, huh?
Loong b4 you showed up and graced us with your presence.

Whatever. Life is too short for pointless arguments. Especially one where someone is just making things up. Have a nice day

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 30 Oct 2019 10:18

So...does anyone have anything to say about Millwall? I'm interested to see how 1871 cope with their fans....

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 30 Oct 2019 10:39

Bigtimmeh So...does anyone have anything to say about Millwall? I'm interested to see how 1871 cope with their fans....

I imagine the Millwall boys will just laugh at them.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 30 Oct 2019 11:01

Zammo
Bigtimmeh So...does anyone have anything to say about Millwall? I'm interested to see how 1871 cope with their fans....

I imagine the Millwall boys will just laugh at them.

I hope the club deploy extra stewards or health and safety measures are taken for this game. There could be blood on their hands otherwise.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Oct 2019 12:02

The Enfield Royal71
The 2 absolute worst posters on this place having a petty argument and crying over nothing. Good god. It can only get worse if dave royal comes back.

Can I be the worst worst?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Oct 2019 12:51

sandman Of all your characters, DD at least you could have fun with Dave-Royle. Enfield Royal, OMA and John Smith characters are all a bit samey.

I went through phases of thinking, what if he is genuine, how would I feel about being mean to him then.

And in many ways, given what we now know about DD, he kinda was genuine.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Oct 2019 12:54

Well last year, apparently, we'd wet ourselves in terror and be beaten up and out sung.

The first two definitely didn't happen. And I guess it largely depends on the performance for the last one.

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 30 Oct 2019 13:04

Snowflake Royal

Well last year, apparently, we'd wet ourselves in terror and be beaten up and out sung.

The first two definitely didn't happen. And I guess it largely depends on the performance for the last one.

I didn't make it last year but the year before when they had the whole of South stand I have to say I was begrudgingly impressed by them (although when they all pick on one person it's a bit much)

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 30 Oct 2019 13:11

Snowflake Royal
sandman Of all your characters, DD at least you could have fun with Dave-Royle. Enfield Royal, OMA and John Smith characters are all a bit samey.

I went through phases of thinking, what if he is genuine, how would I feel about being mean to him then.

And in many ways, given what we now know about DD, he kinda was genuine.

What is that supposed to mean?

I admit to being other characters but I was not Dave.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Oct 2019 18:25

Millwall's last 30 away games

3-9-18
Is this a must win?

Barb

by Barb » 30 Oct 2019 18:54

We should win this. Rowett is tactically good away from home though.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 30 Oct 2019 19:38

They've always played hoof pub football and with the new manager that's unlikely to change.

If we set up right this is as easy 3 points as it gets

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Oct 2019 11:32

Original comments once again :roll:

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co ... ets.39098/

Saying that Millwall fans are so thick I’m surprised they can even string those sentences together

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Oct 2019 11:36

This comment in a forum called 'North Stand Banter'

It really is a boring place and a soulless stadium. It's the most middle class Waitrose club in the entire country and I hope we beat them 4-0 and smash the place up on our way out. 2,300 Millwall will liven it up a bit for a few hours.

fcuk me

Prob right about the Waitrose bit though