MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h) sponsored by Sean Evers

125 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h) sponsored by Sean Evers

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Nov 2019 17:01

NewCorkSeth NO! Not having it. No, no, no, no, no, no. Not this oxf*rd time no. No, no, no, no.

He has no aerial ability to speak of and is positionally poor. His biggest weakness the entire time he has been here has been his closing down. oxf*rd me. I would rather play him in goal.

We'd need at least 3 CBs out. We're more likely to go 2 CBs or play him or Howe or Rino RWB with Yiadom at CB than Gunts imo.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Nov 2019 17:29

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth NO! Not having it. No, no, no, no, no, no. Not this oxf*rd time no. No, no, no, no.

He has no aerial ability to speak of and is positionally poor. His biggest weakness the entire time he has been here has been his closing down. oxf*rd me. I would rather play him in goal.

We'd need at least 3 CBs out. We're more likely to go 2 CBs or play him or Howe or Rino RWB with Yiadom at CB than Gunts imo.

If we genuinely got stuck with Moore, Miazga and Morrison injured or suspended I would assume any number of McIntyre, Blackett, Yiadom, Pele, Odimayo, Rinomhota, Richard's, Walker, O'Shea and Baldock would and should be ahead of him there.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Nov 2019 17:43

Ha, not on Baldock’s ‘defending’ for their goal last week.

Still utterly baffled by wtf he was doing. Comically bad.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 08 Nov 2019 18:15

Hound Ha, not on Baldock’s ‘defending’ for their goal last week.

Still utterly baffled by wtf he was doing. Comically bad.

Token "We move on"

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Nov 2019 19:34

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal

If we genuinely got stuck with Moore, Miazga and Morrison injured or suspended I would assume any number of McIntyre, Blackett, Yiadom, Pele, Odimayo, Rinomhota, Richard's, Walker, O'Shea and Baldock would and should be ahead of him there.

:| oxf*rd hell, he's not that bad.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 08 Nov 2019 19:56

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal We'd need at least 3 CBs out. We're more likely to go 2 CBs or play him or Howe or Rino RWB with Yiadom at CB than Gunts imo.

It's come to a pretty pass when you're defending Gunts. :lol:

I'm glad he's back in the senior squad, I don't think isolating him (or the others) was good for anybody. But I don't expect to see him unless Yids gets injured. And I fully expect him to leave in January unless he starts getting into the match-day 18 before then.

Pity in a way - a bit like his Wales caps, he's stuck on something over 290 games for Reading - would have been nice to hit the 300.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Nov 2019 20:00

muirinho
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth If we genuinely got stuck with Moore, Miazga and Morrison injured or suspended I would assume any number of McIntyre, Blackett, Yiadom, Pele, Odimayo, Rinomhota, Richard's, Walker, O'Shea and Baldock would and should be ahead of him there.

I'm glad he's back in the senior squad, I don't think isolating him (or the others) was good for anybody. But I don't expect to see him unless Yids gets injured. And I fully expect him to leave in January unless he starts getting into the match-day 18 before then.

Pity in a way - a bit like his Wales caps, he's stuck on something over 290 games for Reading - would have been nice to hit the 300.

I'm happy with him now he's not first choice.

Not good enough or positive enough for first choice, but 'Mr average always fit 6/10 performance' is exactly what you want in a back up player.

Ideally you'd be paying him rather less of course.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Nov 2019 20:52

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal We'd need at least 3 CBs out. We're more likely to go 2 CBs or play him or Howe or Rino RWB with Yiadom at CB than Gunts imo.

Bit of poetic license to hammer the point home. 4 of those are certainly ahead of him at the CB position.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Nov 2019 23:06

muirinho
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth If we genuinely got stuck with Moore, Miazga and Morrison injured or suspended I would assume any number of McIntyre, Blackett, Yiadom, Pele, Odimayo, Rinomhota, Richard's, Walker, O'Shea and Baldock would and should be ahead of him there.

Yeah. Stranger things have happened than Gunter returning back to the fold. Baldock got in from exile, McCleary seems to have played himself into contention from exile. All Gunter can do is work hard and show he’s ready. Then he’ll possibly get a chance again

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Nov 2019 23:17

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal

Bit of poetic license to hammer the point home. 4 of those are certainly ahead of him at the CB position.

If by 4 you mean 2 and maybe others then yeah.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Nov 2019 10:21

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal :| oxf*rd hell, he's not that bad.

McIntyre, Blackett, Yiadom and Odimayo?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Nov 2019 10:36

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth Bit of poetic license to hammer the point home. 4 of those are certainly ahead of him at the CB position.

There's nothing certain about the second 2. Yiadom is a possible but it's weighing up who is better at RB / RWB. Odimayo has been nowhere near the first team so can't be more than maybe.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Nov 2019 10:42

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal If by 4 you mean 2 and maybe others then yeah.

There's nothing certain about the second 2. Yiadom is a possible but it's weighing up who is better at RB / RWB. Odimayo has been nowhere near the first team so can't be more than maybe.

Meh. I reckon on this purely hypothetical situation that is pretty unrealistic Yiadom would be more likely to play CB. Odimayo is a CB hence his inclusion. Though I accept you doubt his involvement.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 09 Nov 2019 11:36

Reminder. If we draw or lose I will leave this site for good and never return under any username.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Nov 2019 11:48

URZZZZ
muirinho
Snowflake Royal :| oxf*rd hell, he's not that bad.

Yeah. Stranger things have happened than Gunter returning back to the fold. Baldock got in from exile, McCleary seems to have played himself into contention from exile. All Gunter can do is work hard and show he’s ready. Then he’ll possibly get a chance again

We could be a booking away from seeing Chris return to the team. Andy Yiadom has 4 bookings and 4 games to get through before the “amnesty”.

boycey

by boycey » 09 Nov 2019 12:08

Always impressed me how our lads had worked out the bus route on that first game.
The well orchestrated attack on the Luton bus was pretty impressive tbf.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 09 Nov 2019 12:49

Old Man Andrews
Westwood52 In the 2005 season didn’t we just lose two League games ?Plymouth first game of the season,then Luton away late on ? I seem to recall it was on telly ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 703630.stm

Remember getting one of those NOW TV passes to watch that game, think I missed our first goal.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 09 Nov 2019 12:59

tidus_mi2
Snowflake Royal
Westwood52 In the 2005 season didn’t we just lose two League games ?Plymouth first game of the season,then Luton away late on ? I seem to recall it was on telly ?

Yes, as referenced by me above. I went to both.

1-2 and 3-2 I think

It was and Watford and Leeds were the only two teams we didn't beat that season, drew all 4 of those games.

That was the season with hindsight when my feeling of cursing the team started (before that i'd only seen us lose once in 3 seasons). Went to both the Watford and Leeds home games (though I had a great day for Watford anyway as given seats which turned out to be behind Coppell, saw them filming the Championship in front of me etc etc), saw that Luton game as mentioned above, we had a TV game against Southampton which we won 2-0 but only saw last 30 mins or so (?) as was on a night out with mates and couldn't persuade them to go to a pub showing the game any sooner. By that point we'd scored the goals and were just playing out time.

That Leeds game in particular felt like a defeat (I thought we were unlucky not to beat Watford - Oster hit the post), and then it took ages to get out of the HP car park causing someone to go up on the kerb to beat the queue :roll: remember it being mentioned by someone on here at the time. Then a 2 hour journey became 3 as there was an accident in roadworks on the M2 disrupting my plans for the evening.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Nov 2019 13:19

KC Royal
Old Man Andrews

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 703630.stm

Remember getting one of those NOW TV passes to watch that game, think I missed our first goal.

Reading scored after 15 seconds I think, then in the last minute. Got no favours from the ref as I recall with Doyle being clean through near halftime only to be brought down cynically on the edge of the box with I believe what was felt at the time should have been a red card for the Luton defender and free kick on edge of the box. Still with a 21 point clearance over 3rd place at the time I don’t think too many lost much sleep over it

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Nov 2019 14:13

Sutekh
KC Royal

Reading scored after 15 seconds I think, then in the last minute. Got no favours from the ref as I recall with Doyle being clean through near halftime only to be brought down cynically on the edge of the box with I believe what was felt at the time should have been a red card for the Luton defender and free kick on edge of the box. Still with a 21 point clearance over 3rd place at the time I don’t think too many lost much sleep over it

We beat Southampton 2-0 on 10th February (2 games before Luton beat us). That took us to 82 points.

Watford finished the season in 3rd on 81 points.

125 posts