MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by nothing to lose

223 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by nothing to lose

by Hound » 26 Nov 2019 21:58

NewCorkSeth
Bristol Paul At home you need to show a bit of desire and attack, not sit back the whole game hoping for a point. Really disappointed how timid we were, gonna lose 19/20 playing like that. Overall, individuals played ok, Gunter very good, Ejaria good moments, Swifts corners crap. Tactics 1/10 for effort.

Um. Bit harsh. Its not like we were trying to sit back. Leeds forced us back. Theyre a better team with better players. Other than Ovie obviously. Hes a diamond.

We’re 19th. They are top. We’re never going to dominate. We made as many good chances as they did

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 26 Nov 2019 21:58

NewCorkSeth
Bristol Paul At home you need to show a bit of desire and attack, not sit back the whole game hoping for a point. Really disappointed how timid we were, gonna lose 19/20 playing like that. Overall, individuals played ok, Gunter very good, Ejaria good moments, Swifts corners crap. Tactics 1/10 for effort.

Um. Bit harsh. Its not like we were trying to sit back. Leeds forced us back. Theyre a better team with better players. Other than Ovie obviously. Hes a diamond.

Don’t agree. We’ve done a lot better lately because we’ve closed down the opposition and stopped them playing. Didn’t really do that today and forgot we were the home team I think. As I said, thought individually did alright, but tactics were wrong.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2019 21:58

Snowflake Royal Gunter making Gomes and maffff look total mugs today.

tbf doesn’t need Gunter to put in a good display to do that

JR

by JR » 26 Nov 2019 21:59

Absolute nonsense! Playing the best team in the league, had some decent chances and defended very well.

Not sure what you expect from a team with a relatively new manager.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2019 21:59

Bristol Paul
NewCorkSeth

Don’t agree. We’ve done a lot better lately because we’ve closed down the opposition and stopped them playing. .

We did stop them playing pretty well - have you seen them in full flow?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2019 22:01

Bristol Paul
yuomi Ejaria's a lot of fun to watch but, my God, we're f*ckin' toothless.

Agree. Just seems we played for a draw, no attempt to really go for it at any point.

We broke forward with pace and intent loads. We were just up against the best defence in the league and one of the best teams. We had better chances than Leeds bar their actual goal.

I think part of the problem with Ejaria is he's so unpredictable no one knows when or where to make the run or that they are about to receive the ball, especially as he quite often seems to take extra touches and hold on to it longer than you expect.. He just needs to dial down the show pony stuff and play a bit more efficiently and effectively. And have a dig a bit more often.

My God he's skillful though.

JR

by JR » 26 Nov 2019 22:02

Tonight we were absolutely shafted by a loser called Boye.

Not only did he make a horrific lame error that cost us the game, but his laxidasical efforts after that showed no desire to make amends.

I hope we never see the Argentinian in a Reading shirt ever again.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2019 22:02

Hound
Snowflake Royal Gunter making Gomes and maffff look total mugs today.

tbf doesn’t need Gunter to put in a good display to do that

I'll keep teeing em up for you.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Nov 2019 22:05

JR Tonight we were absolutely shafted by a loser called Boye.

Not only did he make a horrific lame error that cost us the game, but his laxidasical efforts after that showed no desire to make amends.

Erm... I mean, I kinda agree with the poor show, but that's hella strong.

Certainly a really lame attempt to turn and cross. Not sure he really had any chance of getting the ball back once he lost it, and you don't really expect your striker to charge the length of the pitch. Rinomhota picked him up, just didn't quite get close or goalside enough. Miazga couldn't quite get high enough and Moore couldn't have put in a more perfect deflection if he tried.

Absolutely stunning diagonal out ball to set it all up.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 26 Nov 2019 22:06

From Despair To Where? I see the Leeds fans are still moaning about their allocation.

If they're that concerned about us losing revenue, maybe we should charge them the same that they charge us to sit in that shitty yellow cheese wedge.

Oh, and OMA, I hate Leeds because I used to live there.

And Bradfords better?.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 26 Nov 2019 22:07

You mean Puscas right?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2019 22:10

That Ben White chap was absolutely quality for them

I’m confused why he is at Leeds and Brighton are playing the woeful Dan Burn instead

Looks an international quality player to me

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Nov 2019 22:15

JR

Absolute nonsense! Playing the best team in the league, had some decent chances and defended very well.

I can't agree with those who are slating BP

They're a good side, and we can agree on that. But they're not that good. They've only just beaten a Luton side 2-1 in the 94th minute. We created next to nothing apart from set pieces and whilst Bowen deserved credit for the defensive set up, we really could have and should have played more on the front foot as the game was opening up

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2019 22:18

I thought we did to be honest - just lacked the guile up front. As mentioned, I think this side needs Baldock in there - the others just offer the same blustering power. They handled our forwards far too comfortably

JR

by JR » 26 Nov 2019 22:20

Snowflake Royal

Erm... I mean, I kinda agree with the poor show, but that's hella strong.

Certainly a really lame attempt to turn and cross. Not sure he really had any chance of getting the ball back once he lost it, and you don't really expect your striker to charge the length of the pitch. Rinomhota picked him up, just didn't quite get close or goalside enough. Miazga couldn't quite get high enough and Moore couldn't have put in a more perfect deflection if he tried.

Absolutely stunning diagonal out ball to set it all up.

I was referring to his efforts after the restart. If I’ve come on as a sub and messed up, then I chase down the next ball like my life depends on it. Nothing of the sort, so he’s not one for this parish.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 26 Nov 2019 22:24

URZZZZ
JR

I can't agree with those who are slating BP

They're a good side, and we can agree on that. But they're not that good. They've only just beaten a Luton side 2-1 in the 94th minute. We created next to nothing apart from set pieces and whilst Bowen deserved credit for the defensive set up, we really could have and should have played more on the front foot as the game was opening up

My point exactly, people on here are talking as though we were playing Real Madrid. Might still have lost playing more on the attack, but always likely to lose playing that defensively

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Nov 2019 22:27

Hound I thought we did to be honest - just lacked the guile up front. As mentioned, I think this side needs Baldock in there - the others just offer the same blustering power. They handled our forwards far too comfortably

Gonna have to agree to disagree here. On the few occasions we pressed high, we forced them into mistakes, won dangerous freekicks etc. But we seemed too reluctant to do so at times and in general, sat back too much

It reminded me very much of Sheffield United (H) last season actually and yet Marshall was criticised for our approach that evening

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Nov 2019 22:34

Oh no, we were horrible that night

I think the midfield boys genuinely pushed forward in that last 25 - but a combination of blunt attack and good defence kept us causing a lot of problems

Our best spell of the match positionally was probably that last 20

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 26 Nov 2019 22:35

Absolutely agree,should have creamed the Leeds player once he lost it.A total disgrace.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Nov 2019 22:36

Westwood52

Absolutely agree,should have creamed the Leeds player once he lost it.A total disgrace.

Really poor opinion here. He should have been cuter with the ball but there’s no way he’s catching up with the Leeds player once he’s lost the ball

223 posts