MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by nothing to lose

223 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Leeds United (h) sponsored by nothing to lose

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Nov 2019 09:29

Hendo
NewCorkSeth
Hendo
I'll give you props OMA, continuing with this Leeds love in for the last few days must be getting tiresome now...

Universally acknowledged...

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/England-Championship

Who you proposing? Matty Cash?

I'm not proposing anyone to be honest, I don't watch enough of other teams to know who is the best right back in the league.

Was merely pointing out how, statistically there is a better right back in the league.

Also, there is a noticeable lack of Leeds players in that team, the only one included is Phillips, who is very good and if Leeds don't go up this year, I would've thought he'd get a move to the Prem.

I watch a lot of Championship football, Ayling really is the best right back in the league. Jokes aside.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Nov 2019 09:43

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
NewCorkSeth Who you proposing? Matty Cash?

I'm not proposing anyone to be honest, I don't watch enough of other teams to know who is the best right back in the league.

Was merely pointing out how, statistically there is a better right back in the league.

Also, there is a noticeable lack of Leeds players in that team, the only one included is Phillips, who is very good and if Leeds don't go up this year, I would've thought he'd get a move to the Prem.

I watch a lot of Championship football, Ayling really is the best right back in the league. Jokes aside.

Is he really? Reckon Cash and Furling are there or there abouts. Yiadom is pretty good. Although then again, what do I know? I thought Wisdom looked a quality RB.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Nov 2019 09:46

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Is he really? Reckon Cash and Furling are there or there abouts. Yiadom is pretty good. Although then again, what do I know? I thought Wisdom looked a quality RB.

IMO opinion he is but its open for debate.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Nov 2019 10:14

Old Man Andrews
Hound its a very strange line of trolling this OMA

I'm genuinely not, he is the best right back in the league. Max Aarons was last season and now Norwich have gone up it has to be Ayling.

Reece James > Max Aarons

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Nov 2019 10:15

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
Hound its a very strange line of trolling this OMA

I'm genuinely not, he is the best right back in the league. Max Aarons was last season and now Norwich have gone up it has to be Ayling.

Reece James > Max Aarons

No Max Aarons was in the PFA team of the year, he is officially the best of last season.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Nov 2019 10:17

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews I'm genuinely not, he is the best right back in the league. Max Aarons was last season and now Norwich have gone up it has to be Ayling.

Reece James > Max Aarons

No Max Aarons was in the PFA team of the year, he is officially the best of last season.

Only because Norwich won the league, Aarons was clearly a very good player last season but he was playing in a very good team, James was shining in a very very average team in Wigan

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Nov 2019 10:18

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Reece James > Max Aarons

Only because Norwich won the league, Aarons was clearly a very good player last season but he was playing in a very good team, James was shining in a very very average team in Wigan

The other players in the league literally voted for Aarons as the best right back. Are you saying that actual Championship footballers who played against him are wrong and you're right?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Nov 2019 10:25

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews No Max Aarons was in the PFA team of the year, he is officially the best of last season.

The other players in the league literally voted for Aarons as the best right back. Are you saying that actual Championship footballers who played against him are wrong and you're right?

Not at all. Because it’s based on opinions. I think James was the best RB last season, hence his ability to step up this season whereas Aarons has struggled a bit more but I’m not calling anyone stupid for disagreeing like you usually do

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Nov 2019 10:45

James moved into CM though didn't he - which is where he was voted into the PFA team

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 27 Nov 2019 10:45

Hopefully people can acknowledge that Bowen taken over didn't suddenly transform us into a title-winning side.

We've got a decent, fairly well balanced squad. But it's going to take time for some players to get up to speed and for a consistently good team to emerge. Hopefully by Easter we'll be winning more than we're losing.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Nov 2019 12:58

If we are having a Leeds love in Id add Im a big fan of Stewart Dallas.
What a brilliant utility player to have and one that can deliver a fantastic ball in the box....

Im still hoping they blow up though....
Credit to Bielsa though last night the way they started pressing ant stretching us when they could see we were tired.
Just wish Baldock was available last night, he would have definetley got on the end of that early chance that Puscas stretched for.
So bloody slow, how that went unnoticed when he was looked at is unreal. Someone must have got a back hander.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Nov 2019 13:16

Ascotexgunner If we are having a Leeds love in Id add Im a big fan of Stewart Dallas.
What a brilliant utility player to have and one that can deliver a fantastic ball in the box....

Credit to Bielsa though last night the way they started pressing ant stretching us when they could see we were tired.
Just wish Baldock was available last night, he would have definetley got on the end of that early chance that Puscas stretched for.
So bloody slow, how that went unnoticed when he was looked at is unreal. Someone must have got a back hander.

If Leeds were that good they’d be cruising this division.

They’ll be exhausted by February.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Nov 2019 13:26

leon
Ascotexgunner If we are having a Leeds love in Id add Im a big fan of Stewart Dallas.

If Leeds were that good they’d be cruising this division.

They’ll be exhausted by February.

I hope so. If they do flop Im convinced their perseverance with Banford who clearly needs 10 chances to get 1 goal will be a big factor.
Love the avatar btw Ive got a grey and a sloughi.....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Nov 2019 13:50

don't want to keep going on about him, but everything goes through their CB White. If he was injured, I genuinely think they'll be a totally different proposition.

I can see them blowing up again tbh in certain circumstances. They were quite predictable, dodgy from attacking and defending set pieces and lacked creativity. Obviously plenty of good about them as well, but certainly not unbeatable. I do think if we'd had a forward partnership of any note (or Swifts set pieces hadn't been so frustratingly inconsistent), we'd have come out with something.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Nov 2019 14:02

Hound don't want to keep going on about him, but everything goes through their CB White. If he was injured, I genuinely think they'll be a totally different proposition.

I can see them blowing up again tbh in certain circumstances. They were quite predictable, dodgy from attacking and defending set pieces and lacked creativity. Obviously plenty of good about them as well, but certainly not unbeatable. I do think if we'd had a forward partnership of any note (or Swifts set pieces hadn't been so frustratingly inconsistent), we'd have come out with something.

White is the sort of player we need. I think with three CB’s, it’s good to have someone who can run into spaces when they open up and use the ball well. Up there with the best display I’ve seen from an opposition player this year

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Nov 2019 14:44

He is the sort of player every team needs tbh. Far too good for the champ

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 27 Nov 2019 17:23

Ascotexgunner I'm more convinced than ever that Puscas is a dud. There is nothing in his game that makes me think he is of any use to this club. Had the Leeds chance for the goal fallen to him he would have been 3yards being it and never reached it. Who the hell thought he was a good signing, he is so slow.

Thought we were unlucky tonight, especially with the deflection on the cross but the clear superior tactics paid off for them. Bielsa loves using the width and they were starting to pull us apart down the middle. I really can't cope with Liverpool winning the league and them going up. The footballing gods hate me.

The light bulb moment.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 27 Nov 2019 17:25

Old Man Andrews If a club offers us a big wedge of money for Puscas in January I am of the opinion we should sell.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, but Snowflake might cry.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 27 Nov 2019 17:27

URZZZZ
Hound Oh no, we were horrible that night

I think the midfield boys genuinely pushed forward in that last 25 - but a combination of blunt attack and good defence kept us causing a lot of problems

Our best spell of the match positionally was probably that last 20

It’s why I’m not too much of a fan of 5 at the back in general though, I really think it stifles creativity against any good team and on occasions like today, although the attack was blunt, they’re hardly blessed with options on the ball. Supporting this point:

Preston - we created nothing really
Leeds - only from set pieces
Brentford - little created

So, yeah, it might work against your teams like Millwall and Luton because your wingbacks and midfield can play higher up but against teams in higher positions, there’s a real lack of attacking play. IMO

I really don’t want another “no plan B” syndrome manager though. Throw Morrison, Miazga up top, lump it to them. What were we doing? Lumping it to Loader who’s quite frankly terrible

But better than Pusscas

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 27 Nov 2019 17:29

Hound
Snowflake Royal Gunter making Gomes and maffff look total mugs today.

tbf doesn’t need Gunter to put in a good display to do that

I thought alongside Swift and possibly Ejaria he was close to MOTM.

223 posts