BFTG - Brentford

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Brentford

by Einstein agogo » 24 Nov 2019 14:59

Cantania is an airport in Sicily as far as I remember.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 24 Nov 2019 19:45

Glad I wasn't there. I hate airport food.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 24 Nov 2019 23:03

An entreprenurial family were selling food and drink from their front drive. I ordered a hot dog (£2.50) . Literally came out of the kitchen window!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Nov 2019 00:42

Shit weather scrappy game.

Both teams not bad.

Brentford very good side deserved the win but we weren't too bad and were in it.

Yiadom lucky not to be sent off. Ref quite sensible.

Main talking point for me: I'm finally getting a bit concerned about Puscas and his missed sitters. It's taking the piss now.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 25 Nov 2019 08:10

From watching on iFollow.

1st half - very even game that I felt we just edged with neither team really looking good - Baldock probably should have done better but keeper closed down well.

2nd half - 1st 15 was even again - Ejaria did what he does at one point to leave him acres of space in the area but took too long to decide what to do and probably our best opening went. We conceded by failing to do what we had done pretty well to that point, keep Watkins out of the game and after that we struggled as Brentford improved and we just couldn't get out of the gear we were in.

Overall a tough game and we were going to lose a game under Bowen at some point - if we can pick something up tomorrow great but the main thing is to keep the togetherness into the run up to Xmas. We are only 6 points off Millwall in 10th so a good run up to Xmas could easily see us comfortably up there - that is the challenge - to avoid this defeat knocking us back for the next 6 or 7 games.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Nov 2019 09:09

Stranded From watching on iFollow.

1st half - very even game that I felt we just edged with neither team really looking good - Baldock probably should have done better but keeper closed down well.

2nd half - 1st 15 was even again - Ejaria did what he does at one point to leave him acres of space in the area but took too long to decide what to do and probably our best opening went. We conceded by failing to do what we had done pretty well to that point, keep Watkins out of the game and after that we struggled as Brentford improved and we just couldn't get out of the gear we were in.

Overall a tough game and we were going to lose a game under Bowen at some point - if we can pick something up tomorrow great but the main thing is to keep the togetherness into the run up to Xmas. We are only 6 points off Millwall in 10th so a good run up to Xmas could easily see us comfortably up there - that is the challenge - to avoid this defeat knocking us back for the next 6 or 7 games.

Did Baldock miss a good chance in the first half too or did you mean the Puscas one?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 25 Nov 2019 09:20

St Pauli Thought about going to the game but had to go to a union conference in the morning and Catenian dinner in the evening. Overall a pretty productive and enjoyable day though.

OOOoo look at me!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Nov 2019 09:21

karbota
St Pauli Thought about going to the game but had to go to a union conference in the morning and Catenian dinner in the evening. Overall a pretty productive and enjoyable day though.

OOOoo look at me!

Oh DD is back then.........

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Nov 2019 09:24

Stranded Ejaria did what he does at one point to leave him acres of space in the area but took too long to decide what to do and probably our best opening went.

Yeah I noticed this a few times with him.

I love the guy, but sometimes I wonder what he's up to. He sometimes seems to prefer jsut to get his head down and do these (amazing) moves rolling the ball around his magnetic books toying with the typically 3 men he always seems to have on him, without doing anything with it.

Once on the left side, in particular, I remember him doing this several times just taking the piss out of the Bretford defence who are leagues below him in ability, only to do bugger all with it but pass it backwards to Swift (?).

I do wonder if this is part of the game plan though i.e. let him have it, suck in 3 defenders as he usually does then offload it to someone who has loads of space as a result of Ejaria who seems to suck them all in like a black hole.

If so I can understand that but would rather see him to something with it himself as we know how dangerous he can be.