BFTG Birmingham

145 posts
RG7Fan

Re: BFTG Birmingham

by RG7Fan » 07 Dec 2019 19:10

Singing Defective Birmingham couldn’t believe the second half: They had about 3/4 of the pitch to themselves, as our players kept rolling over each other, the boys in yellow were either time-wasting or keeping the ball with Ejaria-style back flicks or jump overs.

I thought the ref who had an abysmal first half for both sides would eventually change shirt into yellow in the second and just join in (Puscas was right in front of us when he broke free at the 1/2 way line, and didn’t look offside).

A lot of Club 1871 must be fans of one of the Manchester sides, as they left in plenty of time to catch the kick-off.

Happy Birthday, Mr Manager.

Ref was atrocious. If you're going to be shit, at least be consistently shit with both teams. And bollocks to BBCRB saying the ref didn't affect the result - he absolutely did. He didn't give the foul against GMac, and then less than a minute later gave a 'foul' committed by him - then the so called '10 yards' was about 15. And we all know what came from that free kick ...

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 07 Dec 2019 19:11

NewCorkSeth
Sutekh
NewCorkSeth The shape change oxf*rd us. I think comparisons to last weeks shape change are pointless. Came at a different point in the match. Also I think the first 11 was a mistake. As someone pointed out we looked shit in the first half last week with this 11, why would we expect any different this week? Having aid that we looked better in the first half than in the second.

Exactly. Did not understand that at all. Would certainly have tried something different.

Someone may come and point out we dont have anyone to play the Ejaria role which I understand. Joao maybe could do it but he wasnt fit enough for a full 90 and we would all rather see him up top anyway. Maybe Barrett? Anyway, hindsight really helps here.

I mentioned in another post about giving Olise a try, he is super skillful and has the ability to make things happen and i do believe he scored for the Under 23s yesterday.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 07 Dec 2019 19:17

Blame 100% with Bowen for me today - which is the complete opposite to last week where his changes won the game.

Two obvious changes were needed today that anyone in that away end at Wigan last weekend would have put their mortgage on. Joao for Meite and Boye for McCleary.

How neither started I’ll never know.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Dec 2019 19:38

I rarely leave a game early but once the Brum third went in it was enough.
The first half was littered with stoppages and it was amusing to see the Birmingham female physio labouring her way to the injured player. She was incredibly slow.
It was a poor first half where we only looked a threat from corners.

Why take off Miazga at half time? He is a better centre back than Morrison. When Morrison is poor he really is very poor. He had a shocker. Moore my MoTM. He made numerous blocks.

Boye was shocking.He was constantly dispossessed running down blind avenues. Awful.
I didn’t think Meite and Puscas were too bad. They had no service from a clueless midfield which was comprehensively outplayed by a skilful, fluid opposition.
Rinomhota was very poor. Yeah he drove forward a couple of times but was mostly anonymous and his passing was poor. Big mistake to play both him and Pele in midfield.

Richards was also very poor. He simply isn’t good enough defensively and either Obita or Gunter need to come in.

I don’t think we will be dragged into a relegation battle but it doesn’t look like we can hope for much more than lurking somewhere well down in the bottom half of the table. It’s a very poor return for our owners.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Dec 2019 19:40

hughsies no.1 Blame 100% with Bowen for me today - which is the complete opposite to last week where his changes won the game.

Two obvious changes were needed today that anyone in that away end at Wigan last weekend would have put their mortgage on. Joao for Meite and Boye for McCleary.

Boye was useless.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Dec 2019 19:43

Agreed about Adam. That was a majestic cross field pass to Yiadom. Also some good crosses. His passing put the rest of the team to shame.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 07 Dec 2019 19:45

FFS yet another totally unacceptable performance and result. Just what is it about this manager and team that they do this so often? They pick up a few wins, look like they've turned a corner, then they lose to a oxf*rd oxf*rd team at home and look like a total shambles in the process. This script is so boring. There is virtually no point getting excited about a win or two anymore because as soon as you look at a fixture and think that should be a comfortable win, they go ahead and lose it.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Dec 2019 19:47

That’s football for the masses mate

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Dec 2019 20:00

Just seen the free kick again. Rafael should have done better imo.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 07 Dec 2019 20:02

Without our two main playmakers, Ejaria and Swift, (and without Obita and Barrett) this was always going to be a struggle. So we struggled and, deservedly, lost. So who was to blame? Pele? MotM according to some; anonymous according to others. Yiadom? MotM according to Gooding; dreadful according to others. And so it goes on. About the only things we seem to agree on is that Richards was poor and Adam was good!!

The first half was pretty even but not very inspiring. Birmingham came out for the second half looking like a different team though. They were faster, moved the ball quicker and played with far more purpose and confidence. It was no surprise when they went ahead through a very good free kick. We came back into the game when they decided to protect their lead but they always looked dangerous on the break. Sure enough they scored a scrappy fortuitous goal towards the end, after which we scored our scrappy second goal in time added on.

Probably the right result in the end.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Dec 2019 20:05

Zip
hughsies no.1 Blame 100% with Bowen for me today - which is the complete opposite to last week where his changes won the game.

Boye was useless.

He’s done all right off the bench the last couple of games so probably deserved the start considering how bad Puscas and Meite have been as a duo

But can see Joao and Puscas getting the nod now with Baldock first off the bench. Meite and Boye to compete for the other place on the bench

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Dec 2019 20:50

FiNeRaIn FFS yet another totally unacceptable performance and result. Just what is it about this manager and team that they do this so often? They pick up a few wins, look like they've turned a corner, then they lose to a oxf*rd oxf*rd team at home and look like a total shambles in the process. This script is so boring. There is virtually no point getting excited about a win or two anymore because as soon as you look at a fixture and think that should be a comfortable win, they go ahead and lose it.

Er what?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Dec 2019 21:19

Crowbar6753
NewCorkSeth
Sutekh
Exactly. Did not understand that at all. Would certainly have tried something different.

Someone may come and point out we dont have anyone to play the Ejaria role which I understand. Joao maybe could do it but he wasnt fit enough for a full 90 and we would all rather see him up top anyway. Maybe Barrett? Anyway, hindsight really helps here.

I mentioned in another post about giving Olise a try, he is super skillful and has the ability to make things happen and i do believe he scored for the Under 23s yesterday.

Considerable difference between u23 and Championship football. Players need to be integrated progressively.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 07 Dec 2019 21:32

Hound
FiNeRaIn FFS yet another totally unacceptable performance and result. Just what is it about this manager and team that they do this so often? They pick up a few wins, look like they've turned a corner, then they lose to a oxf*rd oxf*rd team at home and look like a total shambles in the process. This script is so boring. There is virtually no point getting excited about a win or two anymore because as soon as you look at a fixture and think that should be a comfortable win, they go ahead and lose it.

Er what?

A lower mid table team at home, that hadn't won in five, and had only won twice all season away from home. Most people would be expecting to win that game so er what all you want.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Dec 2019 21:42

FiNeRaIn
Hound

Er what?

A lower mid table team at home, that hadn't won in five, and had only won twice all season away from home. Most people would be expecting to win that game so er what all you want.

We are a lower mid table team..... :roll:

We have no devine right to beat anyone, grow up.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 07 Dec 2019 21:47

Well that was poo

Bowen has to take the blame for that one. First half was scrappy as hell but I fancied us to push on second half.....right up until he made the dying-minutes-chasing-the-game changes at HT. From then on Brum had the run of the park.

Meite and Puscus, Christ that is a bad pairing. Neither of them able to hold the ball up, it was embarrassing to watch at times.

Rhinomota tried but no one really came out of that with any pride, except Adam and João in their brief cameos. And just LOL at the constant overrunning of the ball by McCleary, Boye and Meite.

Roll on Wednesday I guess

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 07 Dec 2019 21:47

FiNeRaIn
Hound

Er what?

Everything in your post is wrong though

This manager does this so often? He’s been here 9 games. What other game looked like a comfortable win that we lost? Brentford away? Leeds home? ‘Another’ unacceptable result - which was the other ones?

It’s just a load of cliched nonsense

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 07 Dec 2019 22:05

Hound
FiNeRaIn
Hound
Er what?

Everything in your post is wrong though

This manager does this so often? He’s been here 9 games. What other game looked like a comfortable win that we lost? Brentford away? Leeds home? ‘Another’ unacceptable result - which was the other ones?

It’s just a load of cliched nonsense

Don’t agree with you although he hasn’t worded it great

Every time we pick up a couple of decent results, for a while now, we lose

Which is why we’ve got back to back wins three times in two years IIRC. This group of players, once again, has the inability to keep the momentum going forwards. Obviously the manager bit is nonsense because he’s only been here for a short period, but the team bit isn’t incorrect

I guess it would have been nice to go into fixtures against 23rd and 24th with a couple of wins behind us, rather than constantly looking behind our shoulders. Because if we get a poor points tally from the next two, we’re straight back in the mix

Although I don’t agree with FR that Birmingham are a bad side, they played some good football

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Dec 2019 22:20

John Madejski's Wallet Well that was poo

Bowen has to take the blame for that one. First half was scrappy as hell but I fancied us to push on second half.....right up until he made the dying-minutes-chasing-the-game changes at HT. From then on Brum had the run of the park.

Meite and Puscus, Christ that is a bad pairing. Neither of them able to hold the ball up, it was embarrassing to watch at times.

Rhinomota tried but no one really came out of that with any pride, except Adam and João in their brief cameos. And just LOL at the constant overrunning of the ball by McCleary, Boye and Meite.

Roll on Wednesday I guess

Was saying this to my Birmingham fan friend. He said he thought it looked really even in the first half an was settling in for a draw. He also couldnt figure out why we switched from the back 3 as they were not looking like scoring anytime soon.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Dec 2019 22:39

Zip

Boye was useless.

And Meite equalised.

I could buy Olise or Joao or even Barrett for McCleary, that would make plenty of sense.

145 posts