MATCHWATCH : Derby County (h) sponsored by Yakubu

125 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Derby County (h) sponsored by Yakubu

by Hound » 20 Dec 2019 11:48

Old Man Andrews If you genuinely care about attendances or lack of them then you're doing life wrong.

says the man who has spent all his morning arguing with bloody dd

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Dec 2019 11:52

Hound
Old Man Andrews If you genuinely care about attendances or lack of them then you're doing life wrong.

You seem to be a little obsessed with it Hound and bringing beef into a non beef thread.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Dec 2019 11:55

Old Man Andrews
Hound

You seem to be a little obsessed with it Hound and bringing beef into a non beef thread.

not exactly 'doing life right' though is it OMA? Anyway, yes back to the football...

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Dec 2019 11:58

Hound
Old Man Andrews
Hound

not exactly 'doing life right' though is it OMA? Anyway, yes back to the football...

Its a great 13 page super thread.

I have never been concerned with attendance, especially ours. We have a very fairweather fanbase and typically a very apathetic home support during the festive period.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Dec 2019 12:00

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Old Man Andrews You seem to be a little obsessed with it Hound and bringing beef into a non beef thread.

I have never been concerned with attendance, especially ours. We have a very fairweather fanbase and typically a very apathetic home support during the festive period.

I dunno - it is nice when the ground is a bit fuller. I like a decent atmosphere. I wouldn't say I was 'concerned' about it, but I do find it more enjoyable when there is the buzz created by a decent sized crowd

tbf though, even if it had been 3pm, I'm not sure it would have been a bumper crowd as such.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Dec 2019 12:18

Hound
Old Man Andrews
Hound

I dunno - it is nice when the ground is a bit fuller. I like a decent atmosphere. I wouldn't say I was 'concerned' about it, but I do find it more enjoyable when there is the buzz created by a decent sized crowd

tbf though, even if it had been 3pm, I'm not sure it would have been a bumper crowd as such.

Ya mean like Burton two years ago...

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 20 Dec 2019 12:23

Whatever the crowd is I hope we will all be booing the drink drivers.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Dec 2019 13:08

URZZZZ
Hound
Old Man Andrews Its a great 13 page super thread.

Ya mean like Burton two years ago...

Tbf that would have been a good atmos had we not put on one of the most pitiful attempts at playing football I’ve witnessed from a professional side

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Dec 2019 13:09

I know of 4 people who have never been back to game since based purely on how bad that game was.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Dec 2019 13:14

The last two seasons, the game before Christmas has been dismal with that one and Boro at home last year. Third time lucky hopefully

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 20 Dec 2019 13:21

thanks

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Dec 2019 13:43

Old Man Andrews I know of 4 people who have never been back to game since based purely on how bad that game was.

questioned it myself after that

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 20 Dec 2019 13:54

Of course I worry. I want the club to do well. Its lost revenue which we need, and when an owner sees a half empty stadium and falling attendances, I cant help but feel it must cross his mind to think "whats the point".
I can only hope this owner does have patience.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 20 Dec 2019 17:04

I won’t be going Boxing Day. I know several other ST holders who aren’t going either. Terrible time to have a match.

Probably our lowest attendance of the season, which is pretty poor considering a Boxing Day match against a local side would normally have a decent to larger than normal crowd. :|

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 20 Dec 2019 17:52

NewCorkSeth
Hound https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/2019/12/20/21025981/view-from-the-town-end-derby-county-reading-fc-royals

really do need to be winning this one...

Ugh... that makes me feel worse. Why is it that everytime we seem to have all the odds stacked in our favour I feel like a loss is inevitable?

Loss would be a miserable way to start the Christmas break, which does tip the odds towards that result.

Derby fans seem to be looking forward to this one just as little, judging from their fan site, and their predictions could be from a random numbers generator.

Or of course we may see the synchronisation of two chaotic systems, since both sides have been truly inconsistent. No shots on goal from either side again, anyone?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Dec 2019 17:57

Nah doubt it, suspect there will be a few goals in it

We set up at Stoke for a clean sheet. Will be more positive here I suspect - maybe leaving gaps at the back

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 21 Dec 2019 14:47

Rafael
Gunter
Morrison
Moore
Blackett
Rinomhota
Ejaria
Adam