bcubed Derby losing it
Trying to get every player a yellow?!

9 players shown a card!! Wasn’t even a dirty game :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Derby County (h) sponsored by Yakubu

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Dec 2019 20:02

JR
WestYorksRoyal Can someone update my understanding of the rules? I thought last man foul was no longer an automatic red unless the referee deems it a cynical foul? Surely no defender would intentionally deny a chance if it's Meite?

I said this at the time and nobody around me could explain.

Also nobody could explain the lack of red card for identical pen later!

It was about as cynical as it gets, ran up and blatant two hand shove in the back.

Second penalty a genuine , but shit, attempt to play the ball.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 21 Dec 2019 20:19

JR
URZZZZ What a waste of a shirt Gunter has been, offering absolutely nothing. On the other side Blackett is getting into good positions but can’t cross the ball. Really need more from them two

Midfield also getting run over. Baldock been the best player by a mile

Nonsense, Gunter was very good today

No, he wasn’t

A typical meh Gunter performance. OK in some games but in a game like today, we needed a lot more from him. Spent the first half with acres of space ahead of him yet never used it

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Dec 2019 20:23

Hound
JR
WestYorksRoyal Can someone update my understanding of the rules? I thought last man foul was no longer an automatic red unless the referee deems it a cynical foul? Surely no defender would intentionally deny a chance if it's Meite?

I said this at the time and nobody around me could explain.

Also nobody could explain the lack of red card for identical pen later!

First one - player made no attempt to play the ball - just shoved him in the back

Second one - player attempted to play the ball so no red

Think that’s the interpretation anyway. Debatable on the first I suppose whether he could do much else and second whether that was a genuine attempt to play the ball

Correct. If, in the opinion of the officials, a clear attempt is made to play the ball then it’s a yellow only whereas if, in the opinion of the officials, there is no attempt it is a straight red.

First incident there was what looked to be a shove in the back of Meite whereas the second was just a clumsy challenge while trying to play the ball.

As ever with these things though you may well have a different view depending on angles etc.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Dec 2019 20:35

As I said on the BFTG thread I thought the ref had a good game in difficult circumstances caused by Derby's indiscipline and got all the main decisions right. Why do some on here say the referees are crap every week even when they have a good game? We have certainly had much worse this season.

And Gunter did fine - again why cannot some of you give him any credit!! Bizarre fans.

125 posts