147 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG QPRji

by Nameless » 26 Dec 2019 23:35

Zip
Pepe the Horseman
Zip
I know. :oops: Boye 4 . Failed to hold onto the ball on several occasions.

So, if it was Miazga you didn't notice him, but as it was Boye he was poor?

Er yes because he was crap.

He came on in the 86th minute, not sure what you expect from him in that time !

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: BFTG QPR

by Kitsondinho » 26 Dec 2019 23:37

Really enjoyed that tonight. We looked dangerous, played with a tempo and Yaks and Joao worked as a real partnership. Thought Gunter and Blackett were excellent for most of the game...but both did get caught upfield a couple of times. However, I’d rather that happened than we sat with a flat four passing across our own box. Rafael was excellent again. He is becoming a vital member of the team and his class is really starting to show. As for Swift 8) 8) 8) Absolute Thunderbastard for the winner.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Dec 2019 23:37

Nameless
Zip
Pepe the Horseman So, if it was Miazga you didn't notice him, but as it was Boye he was poor?

Er yes because he was crap.

He came on in the 86th minute, not sure what you expect from him in that time !

Every time the ball went to him he managed to lose it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Dec 2019 23:39

Kitsondinho Really enjoyed that tonight. We looked dangerous, played with a tempo and Yaks and Joao worked as a real partnership. Thought Gunter and Blackett were excellent for most of the game...but both did get caught upfield a couple of times. However, I’d rather that happened than we sat with a flat four passing across our own box. Rafael was excellent again. He is becoming a vital member of the team and his class is really starting to show. As for Swift 8) 8) 8) Absolute Thunderbastard for the winner.

We started with a good tempo but it really dropped as the first half wore on. QPR were very poor in the first twenty minutes.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Dec 2019 23:39

Rafael - Couple of good saves and one great one. Growing into the number 1 position. 8

Gunter - Good first half but faded in the second and made Eze look more dangerous than he actually is by backing off. 6

Morrison - Excellent tackle on Eze early in the second half to stop him getting a free run towards goal. Although Eze was so poor he'd have missed anyway. 8

Moore - Back to his best. Threw himself at everything, passed well and used his pace to get back on a couple of occasions, including one in the first half where he outclassed Eze. Which isn't hard to do tbf. 9

Blackett - Couple of nervy moments when Osayi Samuel, who was much more of a constant threat for them than Eze, ran at him. Played well for the most part. 7

Pele - One lapse which almost let them in. Other than that he covered for his team mates well. Had Eze in his pocket. 7

Adam - Great range of passing as usual and despite his age put himself about defensively as well. Really showed younger players like Eze how to use your ability under pressure rather than the last 20 minutes when teams are letting you have the ball making people on the internet be stupid enough to think you are better than Ejaria. 8

Swift - Brilliant strike showing the likes of Eze how important it is to actually have an end product. Excellent passing and workrate. 10 MotM

Ejaria - Created plenty of space for Swift and Adam to do their magic. Brilliant play to get himself out of some tight situations as usual. Better than the budget poundland version of him on the other side whose name I seem to have forgotten. 8

Meite - Used his physicality well as usual but didn't quite have that last bit. Tracked back well a couple of times to nullify the limited threat of Eze. 7

Joao - Provided a physical presence in attack which some of the QPR players like Eze were lacking. Wish he'd pull the trigger a bit sooner. 7

Subs:

All better than Eze.
Last edited by sandman on 27 Dec 2019 11:29, edited 2 times in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Dec 2019 23:40

Ridiculous.

Eze was excellent.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Dec 2019 23:41

Royal Rother Ridiculous.

Eze was excellent.

Yes he was. A constant threat.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Dec 2019 23:41

About 65 minutes or so I was wondering when Bowen was going to introduce some subs as I felt the team was tiring a bit. I'm glad he waited a while, because there was a huge drop in quality once Boye and Olise were on. Boye in particular was guilty of totally brain-dead giveaways of the ball when we were under a lot of pressure.

Last 5 minutes or normal time and extra time were so, so, stressful., But enjoyed the rest of it. And the final whistle!!

Would like to see Ejaria play more centrally and a proper winger on the left, thought Méïte was a lot better on the right.

Overall, satisfied. Gutsy 3 points, and wonder goal.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Dec 2019 23:42

Just remembered the name of the Aldi's own brand version of Ejaria on the other side. It was "Eze" or something.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Dec 2019 23:43

muirinho About 65 minutes or so I was wondering when Bowen was going to introduce some subs as I felt the team was tiring a bit. I'm glad he waited a while, because there was a huge drop in quality once Boye and Olise were on. Boye in particular was guilty of totally brain-dead giveaways of the ball when we were under a lot of pressure.

Last 5 minutes or normal time and extra time were so, so, stressful., But enjoyed the rest of it. And the final whistle!!

Would like to see Ejaria play more centrally and a proper winger on the left, thought Méïte was a lot better on the right.

Overall, satisfied. Gutsy 3 points, and wonder goal.

Agreed about Ejaria and Boye.I thought Olise did pretty well though.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 26 Dec 2019 23:43

sandman
All better than Eze.

:lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Dec 2019 23:44

Zip
Royal Rother Ridiculous.

Eze was excellent.

Thought he was poor throughout except for the odd bit of magic, cracking bit of skill for the chance where Morrison cleared off the line to be fair

Over the two games, he’s no where near as good as QPR fans hype him up

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Dec 2019 23:46

URZZZZ

In a better team he will shine brightly.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Dec 2019 23:49

URZZZZ
Zip
Royal Rother Ridiculous.

Eze was excellent.

Thought he was poor throughout except for the odd bit of magic, cracking bit of skill for the chance where Morrison cleared off the line to be fair

I really don’t understand. He was the best player on the pitch. Danger danger every time he got the ball.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Dec 2019 23:50

Zip
URZZZZ
Zip Miazga. Didn’t really notice him

Probably a reason for that :wink:

Sorry but that’s selective criticism IMO
Boye did six things in the game IIRC

He had a blocked shot
He made a good interception
Played a simple pass to Olise

But he had one poor touch
He committed when he shouldn’t have which should have led to the equalising goal
One poor pass

We can agree that’s poor, right? But Olise (who you said “showed some nice touches”) failed to hold the ball up and on one occasion, played a horrendous ball undercooked to Morrison

Boye is one of the weirdest scapegoats I’ve ever seen, the bloke barely gets on the pitch FFS!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Dec 2019 23:52

URZZZZ
Zip
Royal Rother Ridiculous.

Eze was excellent.

In all seriousness, I agree with this. He certainly has something, as evidenced by the last 20-25 minutes, but we kept him quiet for large parts of the game as we did up at their place.

Yiadom defended him better in the first game than Gunter did tonight.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Dec 2019 23:52

Royal Rother
URZZZZ
Zip

I really don’t understand. He was the best player on the pitch. Danger danger every time he got the ball.

I didn’t think he did too much personally, thought Pele kept him wrapped up well. Of course, it’s clear to see he has genuine class, and a few times he found space and caused danger but throughout the game, I didn’t think he offered a lot

Really twas only when we dropped deep and he could go on his mazy runs where he looked more in his element

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Dec 2019 23:54

URZZZZ
Zip
URZZZZ

He had a blocked shot

He committed when he shouldn’t have which should have led to the equalising goal
One poor pass

We can agree that’s poor, right? But Olise (who you said “showed some nice touches”) failed to hold the ball up and on one occasion, played a horrendous ball undercooked to Morrison

Boye is one of the weirdest scapegoats I’ve ever seen, the bloke barely gets on the pitch FFS!

Every time I’ve seen Boye there is absolutely no end product, I did think he played well enough against Derby and said so on here but even then he should have had a first time strike at goal with a decent chance but guess what. He lost the ball by doing too much which is very much his trademark. Very underwhelmed.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 26 Dec 2019 23:54

URZZZZ
Zip
URZZZZ

He had a blocked shot

One poor pass

And Olise tried to play a killer pass with about a minute to go when he had time and space and should have just kept possession and run for the corner.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Dec 2019 23:57

Zip
URZZZZ
Zip

He had a blocked shot

One poor pass

Every time I’ve seen Boye there is absolutely no end product, I did think he played well enough against Derby and said so on here but even then he should have had a first time strike at goal with a decent chance but guess what. He lost the ball by doing too much which is very much his trademark. Very underwhelmed.

Oh I’m not disagreeing he did some daft things tonight, I do like him but think he’s a bit, well, random and does some really stupid things

I was just wondering why Olise wasn’t given the same review when he also gave the ball away quite a few times

Personally thought the subs were a bit strange. Rino for Adam was good, but I’d have gone Obita for Ejaria too and then Boye for Joao to just run around for the last 5

Anyone know where McCleary was tonight?

147 posts