MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (h) sponsored by James Lambert

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (h) sponsored by James Lambert

by sandman » 11 Jan 2020 18:52

Bigtimmeh I think a 5 for meite is a bit harsh, he was good tracking back, all the goal kicks went to him, he won a couple of free kicks going forward and he was very unlucky with the ref should have got more..he also came quite close to scoring in the first half. Couldn't have done much more

It's URZZZZ. Hates Meite so, coming from him, 5 is probably a good score for Yaks.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Jan 2020 19:43

NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871 Can anyone explain why Meite was booked for being fouled and then having 2 players pushing him and pointing in his face? Still trying to figure it out.

He "headbutted" them. He softly tapped both of them with his forehead.

Surely either a red or nothing?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jan 2020 22:31

URZZZZ
Bigtimmeh I think a 5 for meite is a bit harsh, he was good tracking back, all the goal kicks went to him, he won a couple of free kicks going forward and he was very unlucky with the ref should have got more..he also came quite close to scoring in the first half. Couldn't have done much more

Don't agree. He's done well since coming into the team against Derby but today he was poor, did help Gunter out on a number of occasions to be fair, but that's only a small part of his role

Unsurprisingly I agree with BT.

Did miscontrol and lose out a few times, but also nearly tucked away one of our best chances, after a great run picked out by a beautiful pass, tracked back very well and dished out the physical stuff to unsettle Forest.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jan 2020 22:34

Jagermesiter1871
NewCorkSeth
Jagermesiter1871 Can anyone explain why Meite was booked for being fouled and then having 2 players pushing him and pointing in his face? Still trying to figure it out.

He "headbutted" them. He softly tapped both of them with his forehead.

Surely either a red or nothing?

It's a nonsense yellow card, but how you could call gently leaning towards someone as violent conduct is entering into a whole new level of shitness.

I reckon the Forest pricks got him a yellow for either a push on the defender or a jump into the keeper because of their aggressive reaction.

Should have been them getting a stern talking too, but the ref seemed to be in love with them seeing as he let Watson get away with a cynical pull down and Sow get away with three or four fouls equally as bad as Swift's yellow (which would have been fair but for the Forest leniency)

Also thought the Forest player could have been off when he took out Swift in our area.

Meite penalty and ball over the line for their goal - impossible to tell from the camera angle.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 11 Jan 2020 22:48

Up until the 90th minute, it felt like he was leaning toward leniency to let the game flow, which it was IMO.

Albeit with my Reading hat on, I would have given Sow a yellow and not given Meite a yellow. Everything else appeared to be justifiable, perhaps we got my fouls in the second but Forest were more aggressive defensively.

I have to forgo judgement of the lead up to their goal as I was in Y25. The Sky replay of the hook back for their goal didn’t provide any real evidence that it had definitely crossed the line either. Put it another way, I would have been disappointed it was us scoring that goal and it being chalked off based on what I’ve seen so far.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Jan 2020 22:55

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

Don't agree. He's done well since coming into the team against Derby but today he was poor, did help Gunter out on a number of occasions to be fair, but that's only a small part of his role

Did miscontrol and lose out a few times, but also nearly tucked away one of our best chances, after a great run picked out by a beautiful pass, tracked back very well and dished out the physical stuff to unsettle Forest.

So you agree with BT that he “couldn’t have done much more”. Well, as a winger, I’d have thought scoring, assisting or creating chances would be top of the list. From what I recall (with a dodgy stream mind which kept jumping back and forward) he didn’t do any of the above mentioned

One thing I’d say though as a general point is that when he goes down, he needs to go down cleverer if that makes sense. When he’s fouled, he often goes down like he’s been shot which doesn’t play well with the ref. Like today’s penalty shout for example. A natural fall, rather than a theatrical fall will get you free kicks and penalties

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Jan 2020 23:02

Tails Up until the 90th minute, it felt like he was leaning toward leniency to let the game flow, which it was IMO.

Albeit with my Reading hat on, I would have given Sow a yellow and not given Meite a yellow. Everything else appeared to be justifiable, perhaps we got my fouls in the second but Forest were more aggressive defensively.

I have to forgo judgement of the lead up to their goal as I was in Y25. The Sky replay of the hook back for their goal didn’t provide any real evidence that it had definitely crossed the line either. Put it another way, I would have been disappointed it was us scoring that goal and it being chalked off based on what I’ve seen so far.

Should be technology to monitor this. Seeing if the ball is over/not over the line is conclusive data and no form of judgement is needed whatsoever, unlike things such as free kicks

It works well with goal line technology, perhaps they should have it all around the pitch

Scrap VAR and use assistance for conclusive data, it’s not hard

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 11 Jan 2020 23:38

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ

So you agree with BT that he “couldn’t have done much more”. Well, as a winger, I’d have thought scoring, assisting or creating chances would be top of the list. From what I recall (with a dodgy stream mind which kept jumping back and forward) he didn’t do any of the above mentioned

One thing I’d say though as a general point is that when he goes down, he needs to go down cleverer if that makes sense. When he’s fouled, he often goes down like he’s been shot which doesn’t play well with the ref. Like today’s penalty shout for example. A natural fall, rather than a theatrical fall will get you free kicks and penalties

Agree with what you are saying about him going down. He nearly scored and could have had a penalty, got on the end of a couple of crosses too but was unable to direct his headers. His service into the box could have been better but he was relying on gunts on the overlap to do that for him with varying degrees of success...

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Jan 2020 23:53

Bigtimmeh
URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Unsurprisingly I agree with BT.

Agree with what you are saying about him going down. He nearly scored and could have had a penalty, got on the end of a couple of crosses too but was unable to direct his headers. His service into the box could have been better but he was relying on gunts on the overlap to do that for him with varying degrees of success...

I actually think on the whole Gunter and Meite are a good partnership, and like with Gmac, it gives Gunter more freedom to go forward because he knows the player in front of him is likely to chase back and work hard

Unfortunately Gunter was generally poor with his deliveries today, which meant most of our attacking threat was coming from the trio of Blackett, Ejaria and Swift

In terms of the window, I’d be looking at signing another RM to compete with Meite if McCleary is no longer up to it. Assuming Gmac gets the start on Tuesday, will be a big opportunity for him because he won’t get too many more chances here