Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Forest

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Jan 2020 18:23

You spoilt brat....getting your way again...dry your lips

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Jan 2020 18:25

St Pauli Good to see that JMW’s Splitter thread has been merged into mine, the original and best. Thanks Mods.

Yeh and its gone really well - definitely isn't a confusing mess. :lol:

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Jan 2020 18:46

Rino at fault for their goal? Stood marking no one.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Jan 2020 19:43

Jagermesiter1871 Rino at fault for their goal? Stood marking no one.

Fault was having no-one on the back post. If there was they are booting it away and we draw 0-0 instead.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 12 Jan 2020 20:49

AthleticoSpizz dry your lips

Is this army cottaging code for something?

I wasn’t ‘getting my way’, I’m no grass, mods just act when they see injustice. Not all heroes wear capes.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jan 2020 20:52

St Pauli

I wasn’t ‘getting my way’, I’m no grass, mods just act when they see injustice. Not all heroes wear capes.

They have taken your miners comment to heart St. P. Somebody over on their messageboard has called you a little clown. :D
Last edited by Zip on 12 Jan 2020 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Jan 2020 20:53

Lol, you fool

Like many at the game that you were ‘winding-up’ with your untamed wit, yesterday...you were probably just babes in arms at the time of the miners strikes.

FWIW, your thread intro made me smile tho’

Huckleberry Hound

by Huckleberry Hound » 12 Jan 2020 21:23

Aside from the fact that if shouldn’t have been a corner in the first place, looking at the replay both Gunter & Morrison are appealing well before the ball does/doesn’t cross the bye-line; I’m guessing for handball against the Forest no. 22.

The current law is that any handball, deliberate or not, in the build up to a goal should be penalised. Trouble is, those offences are only being picked up by VAR in the Premier League. And even though it could have resulted in the goal being disallowed, I think it’s a shit law.

In the end, better a 1-1 that feels like a win than a 0-0 we could have won.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Jan 2020 22:57

Huckleberry Hound In the end, better a 1-1 that feels like a win than a 0-0 we could have won.

This.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Jan 2020 23:18

Zip
St Pauli

They have taken your miners comment to heart St. P. Somebody over on their messageboard has called you a little clown. :D

Typical UDM scab scum.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 13 Jan 2020 06:21

AthleticoSpizz Lol, you fool

Like many at the game that you were ‘winding-up’ with your untamed wit, yesterday...you were probably just babes in arms at the time of the miners strikes.

FWIW, your thread intro made me smile tho’

It ended a month and 14 days before I was born. Unfortunately my heavily pregnant mum wouldn’t take me on the picket line, the scab bitch! :x

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 13 Jan 2020 06:24

Zip
St Pauli

One of them called me a prick IRL. At which point I remarked to my neighbour that the heckler had a point.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 13 Jan 2020 10:28

Tyler Blackett is the best player we have. I've been wanting to say it since the Preston game but wanted to wait and see if he could carry on his form and he has. What an absolute player.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2020 10:33

he certainly played well again. Looks full of confidence

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Jan 2020 11:54

JR
sandman
JR
Enjoyed Bowen’s interview, but took that comment with a pinch of salt.

Interestingly my forest mate was complaining about how dirty Reading were, thinks we are the dirtiest side in the division. Always interesting how different the perspective of a game can be from away vs home end.

So Bowen is lying then? Suggest you and your Forest friend pop down to Specsavers. Your pal the ref might be able to get you mates rates.

Not saying he was lying, just that the Forest player(s) may not have been best place themselves to judge and/or can easily have said that on the wind up.

Having just seen it on Quest, whilst not a great angle it looks in for me. Given my original angle was exactly in-line was the byline, I can now pretty confidently say it was not out.

Would you like some humble pie with your pinch of salt?

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/things-happen-reason-forest-midfielder-17557698

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2020 12:19

Hendo
JR
sandman
So Bowen is lying then? Suggest you and your Forest friend pop down to Specsavers. Your pal the ref might be able to get you mates rates.

Not saying he was lying, just that the Forest player(s) may not have been best place themselves to judge and/or can easily have said that on the wind up.

Having just seen it on Quest, whilst not a great angle it looks in for me. Given my original angle was exactly in-line was the byline, I can now pretty confidently say it was not out.

Would you like some humble pie with your pinch of salt?

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/things-happen-reason-forest-midfielder-17557698

There is no chance Watson could see from his position through a crowd of players whether the ball went out by a few inches.

The guy who kicked may well have told him though.

I'd generally give more weight to someone in line than most other views.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 13 Jan 2020 12:33

Ben Watson says

“At the end, it was nice to get the goal but then again I don’t think it was a corner and the ball went out, and there was probably a handball”

So just 3 reasons in the scorers view as to why the goal should not have been given and all 3 were missed by the day’s officials.

I’m guessing there’s more chance of hell freezing over than there being any form of comeback on these useless twats.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Jan 2020 12:44

Woodcote Royal Ben Watson says

“At the end, it was nice to get the goal but then again I don’t think it was a corner and the ball went out, and there was probably a handball”

So just 3 reasons in the scorers view as to why the goal should not have been given and all 3 were missed by the day’s officials.

I’m guessing there’s more chance of hell freezing over than there being any form of comeback on these useless twats.

Hard graft being a referee. They are certainly not the obscenities that you use but basically just had a bad game. It happens. I am sure the referee assessor will make pointers, notes, with continued poor performance reflected in officiating matches in League 2 etc.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2020 12:46

I am amazed he said that tbh. Nobody ever says we got some really lucky decisions....

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Jan 2020 12:48

Two of the decisions were down solely to the east stand linesman so its hard to give the on field ref too much grief over it.

155 posts