BFTG - Forest

155 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG - Forest

by Zip » 11 Jan 2020 19:19

First home draw of the season and annoying that Watson got their goal. He was irritating throughout. I would like to see the still photo of the ball in the build up to their goal as it looked over the line and out of play. They shouldn’t have had a corner in the first place.

Mini limbs version with the equaliser with my son smashing into me. My glasses went flying and it took me five minutes to find them wedged behind a seat two rows in front of our seat. There were about nine or ten of us scouring the area to find them and a nice little cheer went up when they were found.

First half we were poor. Swift was off his game and Adam was playing too advanced. Second half much improved and overall it would have been a travesty if we had lost. Good times our coming back to our club.

Rafael. 7. Crucially kept out Grabban but had little else to do.
Blackett. 7. MoTM Another good performance and unlucky not to score
Moore. 6. One or two iffy moments v Grabban but well positioned to chest off the line
Morrison. 6 His slip nearly let in Grabban. Looked nervous in possession
Gunter. 7 Strong defensively. Not great going forward
Pele. 6. Generally solid
Swift. 6. Very poor first half although did well with an important 50/50 challenge. Better after the break
Ejaria. 6. Some lovely touches and passes but was hit and miss
Adam. 5. Struggled to impose himself on the game
Meite. 7. Won plenty of free kicks, one lovely pass to Baldock
Baldock. 6. Worked really hard but struggled in hold up play

Rinomhota. 6 Did ok when he came on
Puscas. 6. Some decent link up play
Obita. 6 Barely touched the ball but crucial cross for the leveller
Last edited by Zip on 11 Jan 2020 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Jan 2020 19:29

Forgot to mention, most of the plaudits will go to Obita for the good cross for the goal but Blackett deserves a lot of credit for it too. It would have been easy for him to just lump it in the middle of the box against their CB’s. A cool measured pass down the line caught Forest by surprise I think and helped create the goal

JR

by JR » 11 Jan 2020 19:29

I believe I am the only Reading fan, player or pundit who believes that their goal was legitimate - from my excellent view in Y19 it was a valid award of the corner and the ball did not go out in the build up.

I wait with baited breath for the EFL highlights to most probably be proved wrong :lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Jan 2020 19:34

JR I believe I am the only Reading fan, player or pundit who believes that their goal was legitimate - from my excellent view in Y19 it was a valid award of the corner and the ball did not go out in the build up.

I wait with baited breath for the EFL highlights to most probably be proved wrong :lol:

The camera angle doesn't show it well enough.

According to Bowen the Forest players said it was out as well.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Jan 2020 19:42

The idiot on Sky was moaning all evening about how poor a game it was - I found it very enjoyable.

For some people 0:0 = boring.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jan 2020 19:48

JR I believe I am the only Reading fan, player or pundit who believes that their goal was legitimate - from my excellent view in Y19 it was a valid award of the corner and the ball did not go out in the build up.

I didn’t think either were obvious decisions. Not total shockers anyway

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Jan 2020 19:53

sandman Is Ojaria the Irish cousin of Ejaria?

On the Dublin side of the family

mad79

by mad79 » 11 Jan 2020 20:20

Did anyone else see there 21 reaction to Adam’s sub. He clapped him sarcastically then gave the W##k#r sign. Nice guy

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 11 Jan 2020 20:39

Rafael 8 - Decent as usual
Gunter 6 - Didn't really notice him .
Blackett 7 - Good going forward and works very well with Ejaria
Moore 6 - ok
Morrison 6 - ok
Pele 9 - MoM - Really liking this guy. Really growing into this division
Adam 8 - Thought he really drove the team, weird seeing him almost as a striker, May have been better a little deeper
Swift 7 - Some good stuff and two blood and thunder blocks/tackles
Ejaria 6 - Marshalled well so not very effective today.
Meite 6 - Ran and ran, if only he was good at football
Baldock 6 - some good runs but fairly ineffective.

JR

by JR » 11 Jan 2020 20:41

Jagermesiter1871 The idiot on Sky was moaning all evening about how poor a game it was - I found it very enjoyable.

For some people 0:0 = boring.

Always drives me mad when poor pundits / reporters assume goalless means no entertainment.

JR

by JR » 11 Jan 2020 20:43

sandman

Enjoyed Bowen’s interview, but took that comment with a pinch of salt.

Interestingly my forest mate was complaining about how dirty Reading were, thinks we are the dirtiest side in the division. Always interesting how different the perspective of a game can be from away vs home end.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jan 2020 20:55

We certainly are a little dirty at times - and it’s about time too

Couple of good tactical fouls by Pele particularly today. And swift undoubtedly earned his yellow

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Jan 2020 20:58

JR
sandman

Interestingly my forest mate was complaining about how dirty Reading were, thinks we are the dirtiest side in the division. Always interesting how different the perspective of a game can be from away vs home end.

It was two cynical yet effective sides out there who didn’t let much come into their box

It’s no coincidence that our best chance and their goal came from a set piece. Two good strong defences compounded with two decent goalkeepers

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 11 Jan 2020 21:12

JR
sandman

So Bowen is lying then? Suggest you and your Forest friend pop down to Specsavers. Your pal the ref might be able to get you mates rates.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Jan 2020 21:16

Forest fans have no justification in complaining. The ball clearly looked over the line when Lolley hooked it back for their goal. Meite was fouled inside the penalty area. No pen given. Adam was blatantly pushed over with no foul given

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 11 Jan 2020 21:21

sandman
JR
sandman

So Bowen is lying then? Suggest you and your Forest friend pop down to Specsavers. Your pal the ref might be able to get you mates rates.

Nah. He’s maybe right. And Sow is an angel, flapping his wings. In fact, if he’s right, Sow may fly...

Torbay Royal

by Torbay Royal » 11 Jan 2020 21:34

I thought it was a good game today but I also think we dropped two points as, for me, we were the better team but just couldn't get the ball over the line, especially in that 10 minute period at the start of the second half.

The quality of the crosses was really impressive, Baldock worked hard, Ejaria did well considering they doubled up on him often and despite what others have said, I thought Charlie had a really good game before going off.

Puscas will probably start on Tuesday as he needs game time. He didn't make any impression today when he came on.

I'm actually quite happy to see us dish it out a bit to visiting teams. So often I've seen us roll over and get bullied but not today.

A few changes for Blackpool but we should have enough and hopefully we'll have a good night.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 11 Jan 2020 21:47

They were good first half and then we were good for most of the second and it had been a good game. Then I blame the ref for letting the match fizzle out. The refereeing was as bad as I can remember. Maybe the ball hadn't gone out before the goal, but the officials had already got two such decisions wrong on the either side of the pitch, you suspect the worse. It was definitely not a corner: the chap who kicked it out turned around and headed for the half way line as soon as he did it. I really felt for Meite as well (our MotM?) who was booked for walking near a player but got kicked constantly in the second half.

JR

by JR » 11 Jan 2020 21:54

sandman
JR
sandman

Not saying he was lying, just that the Forest player(s) may not have been best place themselves to judge and/or can easily have said that on the wind up.

Having just seen it on Quest, whilst not a great angle it looks in for me. Given my original angle was exactly in-line was the byline, I can now pretty confidently say it was not out.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Jan 2020 21:57

Jack Celliers They were good first half and then we were good for most of the second and it had been a good game. Then I blame the ref for letting the match fizzle out. The refereeing was as bad as I can remember. Maybe the ball hadn't gone out before the goal, but the officials had already got two such decisions wrong on the either side of the pitch, you suspect the worse. It was definitely not a corner: the chap who kicked it out turned around and headed for the half way line as soon as he did it. I really felt for Meite as well (our MotM?) who was booked for walking near a player but got kicked constantly in the second half.

Meite was fouled repeatedly throughout and won a number of free kicks. We somehow ended with four yellow cards to their two. The foul count was 10/19. So they committed virtually twice as many fouls.
The officials have been decent in recent times. That wasn’t so today.

155 posts