MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a) sponsored by Dylan Kerr

269 posts
Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a) sponsored by Dylan Kerr

by Hendo » 14 Jan 2020 14:26

NewCorkSeth
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Yeah but I kinda get that with where Forest's stadium is situated.

I must've imagined the massive body of water half a mile from Blackpool's ground, last time I went then? :?

Ah yes. The famous black pool.

Racist.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 14:27

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Be a bigger pain though if we beat Blackpool and then draw the 4th round too. Begs the question, what are the point of replays? What's wrong with extra time and pens

Tell that to small clubs who rely on the income that a replay could bring. Typical big club supporting snobbery.

Divert some money from premier league prize money to support smaller teams in the competition. A fee that increases in percentage depended on how low you are in the division. No replays.

The prize money is nothing compared to what a League 2 side would get having a replay against a PL side at home. Gate receipts, TV rights would be huge. Not sure the Premier League are going to part with any money to help out smaller teams, its not in their nature. They shouldn't even have to in fairness.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 14:29

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
Tell that to small clubs who rely on the income that a replay could bring. Typical big club supporting snobbery.

Divert some money from premier league prize money to support smaller teams in the competition. A fee that increases in percentage depended on how low you are in the division. No replays.

The prize money is nothing compared to what a League 2 side would get having a replay against a PL side at home. Gate receipts, TV rights would be huge. Not sure the Premier League are going to part with any money to help out smaller teams, its not in their nature. They shouldn't even have to in fairness.

How much do you think Blackpool will make this match day? Not including the fee for playing in the round of course.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 14:29

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Didn't the Forest away game get called off when a non-league game down the road was played?

Yeah but I kinda get that with where Forest's stadium is situated.

I must've imagined the massive body of water half a mile from Blackpool's ground, last time I went then? :?

Thats called the sea, that isn't a river. Please do some research on it and come back to me.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Jan 2020 14:31

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Yeah but I kinda get that with where Forest's stadium is situated.

Thats called the sea, that isn't a river. Please do some research on it and come back to me.

:| I'm going to suggest that the water table of both grounds is on the precarious side, especially if the ground under Bloomfield Road is made up of similar material as the beach, which is just down the road.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 14:32

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth Divert some money from premier league prize money to support smaller teams in the competition. A fee that increases in percentage depended on how low you are in the division. No replays.

How much do you think Blackpool will make this match day? Not including the fee for playing in the round of course.

We are not a big club and they are not a tiny club struggling to make ends meet, you aren't understanding the point. Not all replays are lucrative but to elminate them altogether will remove any chance of a small club getting the rub of the lucrative replay.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 14:33

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

:| I'm going to suggest that the water table of both grounds is on the precarious side, especially if the ground under Bloomfield Road is made up of similar material as the beach, which is just down the road.

Incorrect. There is a reason why the City ground struggles with Waterlogging.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Jan 2020 14:34

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Thats called the sea, that isn't a river. Please do some research on it and come back to me.

Would you care to enlighten us?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 14:38

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews The prize money is nothing compared to what a League 2 side would get having a replay against a PL side at home. Gate receipts, TV rights would be huge. Not sure the Premier League are going to part with any money to help out smaller teams, its not in their nature. They shouldn't even have to in fairness.

We are not a big club and they are not a tiny club struggling to make ends meet, you aren't understanding the point. Not all replays are lucrative but to elminate them altogether will remove any chance of a small club getting the rub of the lucrative replay.

I wasnt trying to be snippy I was genuinely curious. The winner of this match gets 135.5k. The loser gets less than that but I dont know by how much.

If the FA decided to take a couple of Million and invest in the FA cup prize money making it slightly more for smaller clubs and slightly less for larger clubs (for example, do United need 180k for winning the 4th round??) Then replays could be cut out.

I mean, realistically, are smaller clubs going to make 135.5k from hosting a replay? Nah.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 14:40

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Would you care to enlighten us?

Its all in the type of soil under the pitch and surrounding area, the entire area of the stadium is on. Rather than draining away the ground holds its moisture,

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 14:43

Not to poke my nose in but doesnt sandy soil drain faster? Hence if the ground is near the beach that would likely aid with its drainage?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Jan 2020 14:43

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth How much do you think Blackpool will make this match day? Not including the fee for playing in the round of course.

I wasnt trying to be snippy I was genuinely curious. The winner of this match gets 135.5k. The loser gets less than that but I dont know by how much.

If the FA decided to take a couple of Million and invest in the FA cup prize money making it slightly more for smaller clubs and slightly less for larger clubs (for example, do United need 180k for winning the 4th round??) Then replays could be cut out.

I mean, realistically, are smaller clubs going to make 135.5k from hosting a replay? Nah.

Agreed

Especially with the FA Cup coming so soon after the busy Christmas period

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 14 Jan 2020 14:44

NewCorkSeth Not to poke my nose in but doesnt sandy soil drain faster? Hence if the ground is near the beach that would likely aid with its drainage?

And the stadium’s pitch is a lot higher than beach level

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 14 Jan 2020 14:45

Excuse the pun - but what are the chances of a stream for tonight's game? Surely there will be one around being the FA Cup?

Going to both Millwall and Forest in the next week - so couldn't quite justify heading to Blackpool to watch the ressies in the cup.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 14:46

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth How much do you think Blackpool will make this match day? Not including the fee for playing in the round of course.

No snippiness at all.

I think it all depends on the club hositing and the size of their facilities. For example you could have Plymouth get a draw away from home at Arsenal. They would then bring them back to Home Park that houses 18,600. £20 a ticket = £372,000 then you will have £250k for the TV rights to the replay. Obviously you can adjust the gate receipts dependent on the ground capacity of the smaller club.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 14:49

NewCorkSeth Not to poke my nose in but doesnt sandy soil drain faster? Hence if the ground is near the beach that would likely aid with its drainage?

Correct.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Jan 2020 14:50

Lets just hope there isn't a repeat of this from a couple of years ago!

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a6c796536df9/blackpool-game-called-off-following-two-pitch-inspections

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 14:52

Hendo Lets just hope there isn't a repeat of this from a couple of years ago!

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a6c796536df9/blackpool-game-called-off-following-two-pitch-inspections

Its a wider point but is annoys me that the FA are so against artificial pitches, especially for the lower league clubs.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 14:52

Hendo Lets just hope there isn't a repeat of this from a couple of years ago!

Anyone care to check the rainfall level for that particular date?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Jan 2020 14:56

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews We are not a big club and they are not a tiny club struggling to make ends meet, you aren't understanding the point. Not all replays are lucrative but to elminate them altogether will remove any chance of a small club getting the rub of the lucrative replay.

No snippiness at all.

I think it all depends on the club hositing and the size of their facilities. For example you could have Plymouth get a draw away from home at Arsenal. They would then bring them back to Home Park that houses 18,600. £20 a ticket = £372,000 then you will have £250k for the TV rights to the replay. Obviously you can adjust the gate receipts dependent on the ground capacity of the smaller club.

I had thought you detected snippiness in my comment. Good to see you didnt.

I get your point but that is a particularly successful example you put forward. Most replays are unlikely to be against the top teams and are also unlikely to sell out.

I mean, look at the replays today.

I think limiting the amount of games each season has to be done at some point or 3lse we are going to see more and more heart attacks in the sport. There is, imo, definitely an economically fair way to do away with replays. However you are correct to point out the small clubs need to be looked after.

269 posts