MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a) sponsored by Dylan Kerr

269 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackpool (a) sponsored by Dylan Kerr

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 22:09

Royalwaster
Snowflake Royal
John Madejski's Wallet Job done. Happy with this

Yep. Great experience for Olise, Richards, Loader, Burley, Dorsett, McIntyre and Howe.

Shame Aluko got more minutes in a Reading shirt. Game over and East, House or Medford-Smith could have got a nice run out.

I really don't understand fans like you - OK so you don't rate Boye and Aluko, but it seems you'd prefer for them to fail over them actually turning the corner and proving you wrong? I remember not rating Kebe in his first season and before that Shane Long - but boy those two proved me wrong and I was overjoyed to be proven wrong.

It's a sad thing when some of our supporters get more out of the team and players failing because it gives them something to moan about.....

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jan 2020 22:10

Royalwaster
Snowflake Royal
John Madejski's Wallet Job done. Happy with this

Yep. Great experience for Olise, Richards, Loader, Burley, Dorsett, McIntyre and Howe.

Shame Aluko got more minutes in a Reading shirt. Game over and East, House or Medford-Smith could have got a nice run out.

I really don't understand fans like you - OK so you don't rate Boye and Aluko, but it seems you'd prefer for them to fail over them actually turning the corner and proving you wrong? I remember not rating Kebe in his first season and before that Shane Long - but boy those two proved me wrong and I was overjoyed to be proven wrong.

I’m pleased for Boye. Don’t you think Aluko has had more than enough chances though?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 22:10

Hound
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Joao out for longer than feared, could be facing three months injured

Increases the need for a striker to come in? Loan preferably.

That’s basically season ending. What a pain in the arse

Yeh think we should get a loan in pretty quickly

I'd be on the blower to Sheffield United if I were Mark Bowen, get Billy Sharp in.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Jan 2020 22:11

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Old Man Andrews Increases the need for a striker to come in? Loan preferably.

I'd be on the blower to Sheffield United if I were Mark Bowen, get Billy Sharp in.

Wouldn’t be my choice, not sure he’d be able to play the lone striker role

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jan 2020 22:12

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
Hound

Nor mine.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 14 Jan 2020 22:14

Zip
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews I'd be on the blower to Sheffield United if I were Mark Bowen, get Billy Sharp in.

Nor mine.

Nor mine

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2020 22:14

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
Hound

Yeah possibly you'd want a bigger physical presence. Just thinking along the lines of getting someone proven at scoring goals in the Championship.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Jan 2020 22:14

Zip
Royalwaster
Snowflake Royal Yep. Great experience for Olise, Richards, Loader, Burley, Dorsett, McIntyre and Howe.

I’m pleased for Boye. Don’t you think Aluko has had more than enough chances though?

Well, according to some Gunter has had enough chances and see the transformation in his play recently.
Aluko’s game time will be restricted to sub appearances in cup games but anyone has the ability to change and improve

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Jan 2020 22:16

Fair play to Bowen and the players tonight anyway, I thought he’d got it wrong with his XI but once again, Bowen proving his doubters wrong. Sounds easy to say but we’re three wins off Wembley and Cardiff/Carlisle at home is a very winnable game for us

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Jan 2020 22:19

URZZZZ
Zip
Royalwaster

Well, according to some Gunter has had enough chances and see the transformation in his play recently.
Aluko’s game time will be restricted to sub appearances in cup games but anyone has the ability to change and improve

Yes and Aluko played under some terrible managers - whereas Bowen seems to know how to get the best out of players, like McD did at first. So I'm really hoping he can turn him around ...

Torbay Royal

by Torbay Royal » 14 Jan 2020 22:20

Solid performance, Blackpool offered little apart from a couple of chances in the second half.

Loader was trying too hard to impress......so consequently didn't.

Teddy was the main source of attack in the first half and had a fair bit of success in the second half too. The score could have been bigger but we were never in trouble and 2-0 is a fair reflection on the game.

Boye played well and bossed their defence in the second half. Jordan and Omar linked up well down the left again and Charlie made a guest appearance for a couple of minutes at the end.

On to the 4th round......

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 14 Jan 2020 22:26

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews I'd be on the blower to Sheffield United if I were Mark Bowen, get Billy Sharp in.

Yeah possibly you'd want a bigger physical presence. Just thinking along the lines of getting someone proven at scoring goals in the Championship.

“NEWCASTLE have offered Dwight Gayle on a free loan to Championship sides - but reportedly want £20million if the club are then promoted.”

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jan 2020 22:28

Huckleberry Hound
Simmops Awful game, and a complete distraction. We will never win the cup so should go for the playoffs instead.

This season the Cup Final & Play Off Final are two days apart. In the ludicrously unlikely scenario that we qualify for both, which game would you prioritise?

Imagine the outcry if one of the sides in the Championship play offs managed to get to the cup final. It would an utter farce of the final with one side fielding a complete reserve team...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jan 2020 22:30

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

“NEWCASTLE have offered Dwight Gayle on a free loan to Championship sides - but reportedly want £20million if the club are then promoted.”

And who wouldn’t happily pay it?

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 14 Jan 2020 22:30

With all this striker talk, why not go back to playing Baldock in behind Puscas? Seemed to work before. If we’re now saying 1 up top is the way to go, and Puscas can’t do that (which I personally don’t believe), we might as well cash in while his stock is high. Only a few games ago we were lamenting what a waste of money Joao was, now he’s apparently brilliant. Baffling!

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Jan 2020 22:31

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Wigan must be licking their lips!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 14 Jan 2020 22:32

Hound
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ Joao out for longer than feared, could be facing three months injured

Increases the need for a striker to come in? Loan preferably.

I wouldn’t rule out either Puscas or Meite playing the big lone striker role. If we get someone in then all is good but I’m not overly concerned if the squad isn’t strengthened in this window,

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 14 Jan 2020 22:34

Zip
Hound I wouldn’t rule out either Puscas or Meite playing the big lone striker role. If we get someone in then all is good but I’m not overly concerned if the squad isn’t strengthened in this window,

Samesies

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jan 2020 22:37

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Reading need a big physical presence who can hold the ball up and has a reasonable strike rate.

Anyone available who fits the bill? A Premier League loanee is probably the most affordable and likely solution.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Jan 2020 22:39

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Why would anyone pay £20m on promotion for a striker Newcastle can't ship out on loan fast enough the moment they do get promotion.

269 posts