MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (a) sponsored by Neil Webb

171 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Nottingham Forest (a) sponsored by Neil Webb

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jan 2020 10:08

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews 100% going to lose tonight, cannot see us getting a thing at Forest. You will then get the same bellends having a go at Bowen et etc.

Out of interest, why are we going to 100% lose?

At home:

Wigan went there and should have won
Middlesbrough went there and drew when they were on poor form
They struggled to a 1-0 victory over Barnsley having 1 shot on target the entire game
They lost to Hull and Cardiff
They got thumped 4-0 to Sheffield Wednesday conceding three in the process to Jordan Rhodes

Absolutely no reason why such a defeatist attitude should be taken to tonight’s game

Because Forest can now smell blood due to WBA falling off a cliff and Leeds very temporary loss of form. They will win. Very, very happy to be wrong about that though.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Jan 2020 10:08

I, too, am a bit pessimistic about this one tbf.

Improved performance but 1-0 loss. Would take a draw right now.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jan 2020 10:09

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews 100% going to lose tonight, cannot see us getting a thing at Forest. You will then get the same bellends having a go at Bowen et etc.

At home:

They struggled to a 1-0 victory over Barnsley having 1 shot on target the entire game
They got thumped 4-0 to Sheffield Wednesday conceding three in the process to Jordan Rhodes

Absolutely no reason why such a defeatist attitude should be taken to tonight’s game

NOOOO! NOW YOUVE DONE IT.

By responding to that you have guarenteed that we will lose. I blame you for the inevitable result.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Jan 2020 10:12

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

At home:

Because Forest can now smell blood due to WBA falling off a cliff and Leeds very temporary loss of form. They will win. Very, very happy to be wrong about that though.

I reckon Forest players will be nervous tonight. A quick start out the blocks, high tempo and they’ll panic

Similar to what Luton did to them on Sunday. Unfortunately Luton are so poor at defending they got caught back anyway but I’d be more confident of being able to hold a lead

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Jan 2020 10:16

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

At home:

By responding to that you have guarenteed that we will lose. I blame you for the inevitable result.

What happens when we win then?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 22 Jan 2020 10:17

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ

At home:

What happens when we win then?

I give all the glory to god in honour of Rafael.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 22 Jan 2020 10:30

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

At home:

I am afraid to say I agree with this. But mostly due to the nature of how they squandered the victory at the Madejski. I am still a supporter of the club, however, despite this viewpoint.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Jan 2020 10:36

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

At home:

That can go one of two ways - it fires them up and they come and out and try and blitz us or the weight of expectation gets to them.

As someone below said fast start and they may panic a bit - they are W4 D1 L3 in their last 8 home games, so very beatable - we are W3 D3 L2 away over the same number of games.

Really hard to call this one tonight - strangely feel confident today and more so because we lost on Saturday - think the players will be up to correct that.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jan 2020 10:38

I would 100% take a 0-0 if offered right now.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Jan 2020 10:41

Stranded
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

At home:

That can go one of two ways - it fires them up and they come and out and try and blitz us or the weight of expectation gets to them.

As someone below said fast start and they may panic a bit - they are W4 D1 L3 in their last 8 home games, so very beatable - we are W3 D3 L2 away over the same number of games.

Really hard to call this one tonight - strangely feel confident today and more so because we lost on Saturday - think the players will be up to correct that.

Got to remember that Forest still haven’t lost a second half all season

So we really need to make sure we don’t find ourselves behind early on

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Jan 2020 11:03

I'm not confident tbh, but maybe that's just ingrained into me after the last couple of years.

I think they are a decent side tbh. Was impressed with that Sow chap, and apparently they've only lost 1 game when he has played. They've good players throughout.

I think we've a few problems going in with the forward line. If Joao had been fit, I'd give us a strong chance. But I'm expecting a narrow defeat

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 22 Jan 2020 11:05

URZZZZ
Stranded
Old Man Andrews Because Forest can now smell blood due to WBA falling off a cliff and Leeds very temporary loss of form. They will win. Very, very happy to be wrong about that though.

Always a first time - though I see they are the worst team in the league at home in the 1st half - only gone in winning at HT twice in 13 games.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jan 2020 11:09

Wasn't confident going into the Preston or Fulham games and I am not confident going into this one.

As with those two, will consider a point a bonus.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 22 Jan 2020 11:15

Very much a battle in the middle of the park. whoever comes out on top will win.
If Adam starts, he will be clearly targeted - wind him up get him on a yellow. So i would put Pele in there and bring Adam on later on
Baldock with his movement / work rate has to start IMO
A game like tonight, to me screams out for us to play fast winger up top for break away alas we do not have that option.

Rafael

Gunter
Morrison
Moore
Blackett
Pele
Swift
Ejaria
Meite
McCleary
Baldock

Boye, Puscas Rino Adam Obita Miazga Walker

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Jan 2020 11:20

Stranded
URZZZZ
Stranded

Always a first time - though I see they are the worst team in the league at home in the 1st half - only gone in winning at HT twice in 13 games.

Given we’ve only been losing at HT once since Bowen has arrived (Wigan away) I think I know what’s going to happen then

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Jan 2020 11:20

Hendo Wasn't confident going into the Preston or Fulham games and I am not confident going into this one.

Well, we’ve got a chance if you’re not going :wink:

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jan 2020 11:25

URZZZZ
Hendo Wasn't confident going into the Preston or Fulham games and I am not confident going into this one.

Well, we’ve got a chance if you’re not going :wink:

:lol:

I am staying well away from this one. Better mark your cards for 4th April though (Luton) :?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 22 Jan 2020 11:38

Advice to Blackett, show Lolley onto his right foot. hope the coaching staff took note of that on Sunday.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 22 Jan 2020 12:32

Wouldn't mind us going 3-5-2/5-3-2 tonight. Mix it up a bit and keep the opposition thinking. Happy to go back to the previous formation next week/again.

Cabral

Gunter
Morrison
Miazga
Moore
Obita

Swift
Pele
Ejaria

Baldock
Puscas

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jan 2020 13:28

Hound Seems a bit of noise around Matty Cash and AC Milan

Hopefully it will distract him, thought he was very good against us last time

Looks like Saints are interested now as well.

171 posts