MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (h) sponsored by Bobby Williams

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bristol City (h) sponsored by Bobby Williams

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jan 2020 22:07

Hound Shit result, didn’t watch but seems we were poor up to the last 5 or so

Think we have to ditch the 1 up top. We just aren’t scoring goals since Joao got injured against any half decent side. That injury was obvs a huge blow which we’ve not properly recovered from

Meite had a good impact, I'd be tempted to give him another go leading the line. But yeah, I think we have to switch it up.

Puscas just doesn't do anything and Baldock doesn't score enough. Ejaria still not delivering.

Tempted with something like:

Cabral
Gunter*, Morrison, Moore, Blackett*
McCleary, Rinomhota**, Swift, Olise
Baldock, Meite

* wasn't impressed with either in the bit I saw, but no knee jerks- another chance
** interchangeable with Pele, but he dropped some clangers and Rino drives forward better

Ejaria just not doing it and at least he could make an impact off the bench. Can't see Adam coping in a midfield pair.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Jan 2020 22:09

Jagermesiter1871
Ascotexgunner How????????
Just HOW???????????
JUST F*CKING HOW?????????
IS ALUKO NEAR THE FIRST TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS BOWEN DOING!!!!!!!!

oxf*rd off are you lot trying to blame that on Aluko?
Actually thought he looked half decent when he came. Offered more than Ejaria who looked slow and ponderous all game and offered nothing. Controversially I'd drop Ejara to bench next week if we're going to play Swift and Olise.

Good lord your standards are low if you think that nothing performance was decent.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Jan 2020 22:10

Jagermesiter1871
Ascotexgunner How????????
Just HOW???????????
JUST F*CKING HOW?????????
IS ALUKO NEAR THE FIRST TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS BOWEN DOING!!!!!!!!

oxf*rd off are you lot trying to blame that on Aluko?
Actually thought he looked half decent when he came. Offered more than Ejaria who looked slow and ponderous all game and offered nothing. Controversially I'd drop Ejara to bench next week if we're going to play Swift and Olise.

No, part of the problem is his inclusion when clearly after playing umpteen games for us he has been proven to be utter sh*t. Bowen (who I'm a big fan of by the way) seems to have had a blow on the head tonight with the stupid stick. That team selection and substitutions were mystifying. If Swift is injured I understand taking him off, but if he isn't then WTF?????? I had no idea what the hell we were trying to do on the pitch tonight. We looked clueless and lackluster, it like none of them had played together before.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Jan 2020 22:11

Anyone any ideas why on earth MB played only one up front? It’s utterly ridiculous! All the fit strikers we have need to have someone to play off of. And I think Meite is better in a central role rather than forever put on the wing.

Crowd have largely lost interest already, be interesting to see what we get for Hull esp. if the games with Cardiff don’t go well.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 28 Jan 2020 22:14

Sutekh Anyone any ideas why on earth MB played only one up front? It’s utterly ridiculous! All the fit strikers we have need to have someone to play off of. And I think Meite is better in a central role rather than forever put on the wing.

Crowd have largely lost interest already be interesting to see what we get for Hull esp. if the games with Cardiff don’t go well.

Because he’s quoted in the press that winning the midfield battle is important and we have a strong (possession wise) central midfield..

Personally I agree and would revert back to playing Baldock (slightly deeper) and Puscas. Rino and probably Swift begins. But it’s a hard one to call

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 28 Jan 2020 22:21

Snowflake Royal

Think we have to ditch the 1 up top. We just aren’t scoring goals since Joao got injured against any half decent side. That injury was obvs a huge blow which we’ve not properly recovered from

Meite had a good impact, I'd be tempted to give him another go leading the line. But yeah, I think we have to switch it up.

Puscas just doesn't do anything and Baldock doesn't score enough. Ejaria still not delivering.

Cabral
Baldock, Meite

* wasn't impressed with either in the bit I saw, but no knee jerks- another chance
** interchangeable with Pele, but he dropped some clangers and Rino drives forward better

Ejaria just not doing it and at least he could make an impact off the bench. Can't see Adam coping in a midfield pair.

You really are clueless - Pele was by far our best player today ...

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 28 Jan 2020 22:23

Drop Ejaria, play 2 up top. Wouldn't even mind Aluko starting in front of Ejaria on current form - if you all take off the rose tinted hate glasses for Aluko he actually was fine tonight.

Pele dropped several massive clangers, including a pass straight to the opp when Olise was less than 3 ft away unmarked, which Olise then tried to make up by doing a red card challenge, which he fortunately missed.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2020 22:23

Notts Royal
Sutekh Anyone any ideas why on earth MB played only one up front? It’s utterly ridiculous! All the fit strikers we have need to have someone to play off of. And I think Meite is better in a central role rather than forever put on the wing.

Crowd have largely lost interest already be interesting to see what we get for Hull esp. if the games with Cardiff don’t go well.

Because he’s quoted in the press that winning the midfield battle is important and we have a strong (possession wise) central midfield..

Personally I agree and would revert back to playing Baldock (slightly deeper) and Puscas. Rino and probably Swift begins. But it’s a hard one to call

Yes exactly that. He has explained why, so let’s not go overboard on the ‘why on earths’ etc

But I suspect he needs to revise his thinking, esp at home. It doesn’t work without Joao

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 28 Jan 2020 22:25

Royalwaster
Snowflake Royal

Cabral
Baldock, Meite

He was good first half but was absolutely mindless 2nd. Don't think I'd drop him as I think he's better than Rino playing that role but it was concerning. The issue is clearly with strikers, defensively we look generally ok (this horror goal aside) and still feel we create enough from the midfield, just no one up top getting in right positions.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 28 Jan 2020 22:25

I knew our season was over once Bowen signed the contract. Happens every time.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 28 Jan 2020 22:26

Agree completely.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Jan 2020 22:29

alfie9 I knew our season was over once Bowen signed the contract. Happens every time.

Yep, same happened to Liverpool when Klopp signed his in December

I’ve no doubts he’d been talking about it for months. He doesn’t just sign a new deal (for one year) and then stop trying so hard

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Jan 2020 22:29

Are we winning the toss and electing to attack the ED stand in the 1st half? 2 games now we`ve failed to win doing that, its almost tradition to attack 1871 in the 1st half.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Jan 2020 22:30

Royalwaster
Snowflake Royal

Cabral
Baldock, Meite

Yep.

Ian doesn't go to the games, he uses guesswork to give his expert opinions.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Jan 2020 23:26

NewCorkSeth Anyone care to discuss the point of bringing Aluko on?

Wasn't my choice

But he was better than Ejaria and Swift although that wasn't difficult to be fair

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 29 Jan 2020 00:03

Snowflake Royal Aluko there, opportunity to play in Ejaria. What does he do, try to dribble round someone for a 25 yard shot he puts straight into the defender.

Prick.

Probably realised if he gave it to Ejaria, he’d inevitably twist in and out ten times before losing it

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jan 2020 00:35

Snowflake Royal

Cabral
Baldock, Meite

Agree with two upfront but not at the expense of Pele who I felt was our best player by a long way tonight.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jan 2020 00:36

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth Anyone care to discuss the point of bringing Aluko on?

Wasn't my choice

But he was better than Ejaria and Swift although that wasn't difficult to be fair

The game was crying out for Charlie Adam to come on.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jan 2020 00:39

Crowd have largely lost interest already, be interesting to see what we get for Hull esp. if the games with Cardiff don’t go well.

I think the Wigan gate will be very low. Hull probably not too bad because it’s on a Saturday.
The atmosphere was rubbish tonight.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jan 2020 00:41

Jagermesiter1871 Drop Ejaria, play 2 up top. Wouldn't even mind Aluko starting in front of Ejaria on current form - if you all take off the rose tinted hate glasses for Aluko he actually was fine tonight.

Pele dropped several massive clangers, including a pass straight to the opp when Olise was less than 3 ft away unmarked, which Olise then tried to make up by doing a red card challenge, which he fortunately missed.

Pele sprayed some delightful passes around tonight. Yeah I recall that one poor pass but he was comfortably our best player.