BFTG Bristol citeh.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Bristol citeh.

by URZZZZ » 29 Jan 2020 09:37

Hound being a cold January night certainly doesnt help - under Stam we were down to 6k if I remember rightly for a couple of games

They do offer various things for kids, but obviously they aren't so popular on the midweek winter nights. They do the half time pens and flag waving for local clubs. And I know my kids came home with some voucher thing for a free game a while back in their school bags

Likelihood is it will only get worse too, no entertainment whatsoever yesterday

Too much emphasis on the defence and not enough on the attack. We didn’t even look interested in scoring until 2 minutes to go and sadly bar a 15 minute spell in the home tie against Forest, it’s been like this every game now since Fulham

I get we’re missing Joao but you adapt. You don’t just put 11 men behind the ball and try and sneak a lucky win every game

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Jan 2020 09:40

Zip
Hound being a cold January night certainly doesnt help - under Stam we were down to 6k if I remember rightly for a couple of games

They do offer various things for kids, but obviously they aren't so popular on the midweek winter nights. They do the half time pens and flag waving for local clubs. And I know my kids came home with some voucher thing for a free game a while back in their school bags

We got around 6500 for Sheffield Utd and about 9000 v Bolton I think in the fag end of Stam’s management. The Sheff Utd game was the coldest I have ever been at a match. It was about -9c.

Yeah this was horrific, thought I was going to die.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 29 Jan 2020 09:43

URZZZZ Anyone know what’s happened to Boye?

Hasn’t set the world alight but seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth after what seemed like a decent display at Blackpool. Bit disappointed that both Loader and Aluko have jumped ahead of him in the pecking order

You obviously weren't at Blackpool (unlike me) because he was and is total dross. Whatever people say about Aluko he has come back here determined and should be given a chance. A couple of 10 minute cameos haven't been enough to have much of an impact but he very nearly scored the equaliser last night. He is a much better option.

Blue Label That was so poor, particularly second half.

How are City in the play offs. Bang average

Absolutely. They will be found out come the end of the season and I think will only finish one place above us.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 29 Jan 2020 09:49

NewCorkSeth Thought we looked briefly good for the last 5-10 minutes of the first half and the first 5-10 minutes of the second.

After they scored we looked awful for a good bit. Then a late, late resurgence that, I gotta be honest, never looked like it would result in a goal.

Very disjointed in attack and something very wrong with the centre left of our defence. Seemed to be a lot of space throughout the game. Couldn't figure out if Moore wasnt coming out, Blackett wasnt coming in or Pele wasnt coming across. Whichever it was we looked poor there.

Thought Obita looked decent. Olise looked okay. Morrison had a very good game. Pele had some very good quality moments. The rest were meh. Not bad but not good.

Particularly poor commentary for this one. Tim went off on his usual tangents during important passages of play. Mick identified the issue at the back and explained it from a coaching standpoint very well. I wish he did that more instead of talking shit about players he doesnt like. He clearly has actual insight into tactics and formations but rarely talks about it. Spends far too much time saying "That wasnt good enough for this level".

There was a funny moment after several minutes of the 2 of them criticising Puscas (some of which was correct to be fair) Tim, clearly thinking it was time to pile on him for everything, gave out about him doing something which wasnt his fault and Mick corrected him on it. There was a second of silence from Tim where you could sense he was thinking about how he just agrees with everything Mick says and wished he got the same in return.

I always sat on fence with dellor but in the space of 7 days we have had...

Play Miazga up front as a serious suggestion and

Cardiff game on Friday should be a double header winner takes all incorporating cup game. Yes he was being serious on both counts.

Utter bellend.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Jan 2020 09:56

paultheroyal
NewCorkSeth Thought we looked briefly good for the last 5-10 minutes of the first half and the first 5-10 minutes of the second.

After they scored we looked awful for a good bit. Then a late, late resurgence that, I gotta be honest, never looked like it would result in a goal.

Very disjointed in attack and something very wrong with the centre left of our defence. Seemed to be a lot of space throughout the game. Couldn't figure out if Moore wasnt coming out, Blackett wasnt coming in or Pele wasnt coming across. Whichever it was we looked poor there.

Thought Obita looked decent. Olise looked okay. Morrison had a very good game. Pele had some very good quality moments. The rest were meh. Not bad but not good.

Particularly poor commentary for this one. Tim went off on his usual tangents during important passages of play. Mick identified the issue at the back and explained it from a coaching standpoint very well. I wish he did that more instead of talking shit about players he doesnt like. He clearly has actual insight into tactics and formations but rarely talks about it. Spends far too much time saying "That wasnt good enough for this level".

There was a funny moment after several minutes of the 2 of them criticising Puscas (some of which was correct to be fair) Tim, clearly thinking it was time to pile on him for everything, gave out about him doing something which wasnt his fault and Mick corrected him on it. There was a second of silence from Tim where you could sense he was thinking about how he just agrees with everything Mick says and wished he got the same in return.

Cardiff game on Friday should be a double header winner takes all incorporating cup game. Yes he was being serious on both counts.

Utter bellend.

Hes just not good at his job. He understands what to do. Describe passages of play and dig for insight from his cocommentator who is there to give the colour. He is just bad at both.

I may sound silly here but I think Ady asks a lot better questions and (I know he has the benefit of replays) seems to know a lot more about the actual sport.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Jan 2020 09:59

Old Man Andrews
Zip

We got around 6500 for Sheffield Utd and about 9000 v Bolton I think in the fag end of Stam’s management. The Sheff Utd game was the coldest I have ever been at a match. It was about -9c.

Yeah, that was a really grim one. Remember a home game v Watford about a decade ago where it was also arcticly cold, although I seem to remember we actually won that one.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 Jan 2020 10:15

Old Man Andrews
Zip

You got off lightly!

I went to the game well-kitted out with a puffer jacket OK for -30 degrees C.

Got back to Thatcham, parked, looking forward to a glass've, do the prediction chart, then kip...

But there was an oldish woman "collapsed" in Thatcham Broadway. Like all the people ignoring her I thought she was drunk and I wasn't keen on getting involved, but I dialled 999 etc then needed to make her safe. (She was half the pavement, half in the road).

Got her into recover position, sat beside her etc, talked to her.

She eventually started mumbling about how cold she was so I took my jacket off to put over her. BIG fffffking mistake!

The ambo turned up 45 minutes later. I think I was actually welded to the pavement. I will never EVER be warm again!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Jan 2020 10:16

John Smith
URZZZZ Anyone know what’s happened to Boye?

Hasn’t set the world alight but seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth after what seemed like a decent display at Blackpool. Bit disappointed that both Loader and Aluko have jumped ahead of him in the pecking order

You obviously weren't at Blackpool (unlike me) because he was and is total dross. Whatever people say about Aluko he has come back here determined and should be given a chance. A couple of 10 minute cameos haven't been enough to have much of an impact but he very nearly scored the equaliser last night. He is a much better option.

Blue Label That was so poor, particularly second half.

How are City in the play offs. Bang average

Absolutely. They will be found out come the end of the season and I think will only finish one place above us.

I'm guessing Boye will be sent back, and a new loan in to replace potentially

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Jan 2020 10:17

Snowball
Old Man Andrews
Zip

You got off lightly!

Got back to Thatcham, parked, looking forward to a glass've, do the prediction chart, then kip...

But there was an oldish woman "collapsed" in Thatcham Broadway. Like all the people ignoring her I thought she was drunk and I wasn't keen on getting involved, but I dialled 999 etc then needed to make her safe. (She was half the pavement, half in the road).

She eventually started mumbling about how cold she was so I took my jacket off to put over her. BIG fffffking mistake!

The ambo turned up 45 minutes later. I think I was actually welded to the pavement. I will never EVER be warm again!

Did you lose a testicles to the cold? Your username would make a lot more sense if so.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Jan 2020 10:17

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Zip

Yeah, that was a really grim one. Remember a home game v Watford about a decade ago where it was also arcticly cold, although I seem to remember we actually won that one.

Didnt help that we played appallingly, gave away a ridiculous goal when Sheff U didnt give the ball back from a throw which we kicked out and we switched off, missed a pen, McCleary broke his ankle after a minute.

One of the worst games I've ever been to all in

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Jan 2020 10:20

paddy20 I put tonights defeat down to Bowen. Puscas on his own up front when we are at home. It was a very defensive and negative formation. If we don't believe we can beat teams like City when we are at home then we deserve to be where we are. Another defeat at Cardiff and we could be back in the relegation pack. When we decided (too late) too put bodies up front we looked like scoring. Bowen we should at least give it a go from the off!

Fully agree. Far too damn negative. Crowds are only going to drop even further with negative dross at home like that. As someone on Twitter rightly said, if we'd sat back any deeper in the first half we would've been playing at Ashton Gate! (pedants needn't bother to point out the geography of the Mad Stad!).

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Jan 2020 10:26

NewCorkSeth
paultheroyal

Utter bellend.

Hes just not good at his job. He understands what to do. Describe passages of play and dig for insight from his cocommentator who is there to give the colour. He is just bad at both.

I may sound silly here but I think Ady asks a lot better questions and (I know he has the benefit of replays) seems to know a lot more about the actual sport.

He resumed his campaign against Aluko yesterday. Ridiculously accused him of being guilty of the worst miss of the game when he took the ball down on the edge of the area and then had his on-target shot blocked/charged down. Gooding and Williams rightly called him out for that stupidity saying there was little else he could've done in that situation, it was a great block and Ejaria's miss was far, far, worse.

And, whilst not excusing Dellor in any way, I really would hope Ady knows more about the sport having played over 400 games as a professional footballer.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 Jan 2020 10:27

I thought the game was very decent first half, Pele superb.

Someone else suggested he was Leighterwoodish. Agree. I think he
is a very good defensive mid and getting better.

Some of our midfield stuff was elegant and very pleasing. I was thinking,
"Next year with a twenty goal striker we could win this league!"

Mostly, Swift was OK, first-half, some good stuff, occasional poor-passes
but second half he really started do more of the bad stuff, less of the good.

Did we ever imagine, in our wildest rantings that we would
hear "Swift hooked to be replaced by Aluko"?

TBF I think Aluko was decent for both his last two cameos. There's a good
player in there but "cut in from the right and shoot from 20+ yards" should
not be the only trick you have.

But the team, all game lacked sparkle. They lacked bite, aggression. They played like they'd
given up on the league, on the beach in January.

The Brizzle goal seemed to come out of the blue, auth' it always looked like 0-0
or a one-goal game.

Having written yesterday about how good we have been coming back from going behind,
yesterday was the opposite. The goal seemed to completely deflate the team.

Even the last 5-10-15 felt more like whack it up there and hope. We SHOULD have scored
and, frankly, I'd've been happy with 1-1

Puscas looks lost. He's never going to be a solo front man. It was noticeable how he didn't
work hard, chase, close down when Bristol had the ball. He looked depressed. I hope he's not
another striker we mis-use and write off. Baldock, BTW, is not the answer. Runs a lot but a killer
striker he is not.
Last edited by Snowball on 29 Jan 2020 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 29 Jan 2020 10:27

NewCorkSeth
Snowball
Old Man Andrews

You got off lightly!

Did you lose a testicles to the cold? Your username would make a lot more sense if so.

Probably. I still can't bend to look

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Jan 2020 10:33

RoyalBlue
NewCorkSeth
paultheroyal

Utter bellend.

He resumed his campaign against Aluko yesterday. Ridiculously accused him of being guilty of the worst miss of the game when he took the ball down on the edge of the area and then had his on-target shot blocked/charged down. Gooding and Williams rightly called him out for that stupidity saying there was little else he could've done in that situation, it was a great block and Ejaria's miss was far, far, worse.

And, whilst not excusing Dellor in any way, I really would hope Ady knows more about the sport having played over 400 games as a professional footballer.

Just meant my only listening to Ady is the half time bits he does. Someone could turn around and tell me he has no insight and I wouldnt be able to refute that.

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 29 Jan 2020 11:47

URZZZZ That was a poor game of football. The style of play was terrible, non existent pressing throughout and terrible decision making on the ball. Really poor

Rafael - has nothing to do

Gunter 6 - got forward well a few times, and was unlucky with his shot cleared off the line
Morrison 6 - did OK on the whole, think he was playing them onside for the goal but it wasn’t really his fault
Moore 6 - defended well but his tempo on the ball is poor, constantly slows things down
Blackett 5 - struggled to begin with and cost us the goal not following his man. His attacking prowess has diminished since Obita has gone to LM, I don’t know why Bowen hasn’t seen this

Pele 6 - that was a Pele performance under Gomes on the ball, painfully slow but as usual did well defensively in a 1 man midfield tonight

Olise 5 - didn’t offer anything really, worked hard
Swift 3 - woeful. Wasn’t tracking his man, terrible set pieces, ruined two or three good counters, took too long on the ball etc. When he’s not on his game, we may as well turn around and give up
Ejaria 4 - the midfield doesn’t work with those two in the centre of it. It rarely has and it rarely will. 3 million is a good price for him but he can do a lot more
Obita 4 - got to go at the end of the season. Genuinely offers nothing

Puscas 4 - predictably didn’t do anything, waste of time and space as a lone striker

Baldock 4 - came into life minute 89, was as limited as Puscas the rest of time
Meite 7 - made a difference and in hindsight should have started because he was a danger in the air against Da Silva
Aluko 5 - really should have been Adam on, but he did OK, was never going to really add too much

It must be disheartening for Morrison and co coming forward just to see every set piece hit the first man. It isn’t difficult

Ejaria needs to play on the left of midfield or on the bench. It’s as simple as that. He works well with Blackett on the left side of midfield because he drags defenders away and gives him the time and space to deliver an accurate Cross. Obita and Blackett too often want to take up the same space and it simply doesn’t work

We’re still, as a team, too reliant on Swift and it isn’t healthy. When he’s off colour, there has to be a plan B. We didn’t show it until minute 88, spending most of the game pointlessly passing it around

This. I've been a few times this season and it's an ongoing problem. Like you say, it's not that difficult and the upshot is you lose the ball in a good area, with men committed and on the back foot. Really annoying.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Jan 2020 12:04

Dave the rave
URZZZZ
It must be disheartening for Morrison and co coming forward just to see every set piece hit the first man. It isn’t difficult

This. I've been a few times this season and it's an ongoing problem. Like you say, it's not that difficult and the upshot is you lose the ball in a good area, with men committed and on the back foot. Really annoying.

Even if it is that difficult, try something different - for all the flaws under Gomes we did try some inventive set plays that lead to goals.

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 29 Jan 2020 12:37

Where's Adams?
As soon as we started to play him we looked convincing , despite his age and fitness.
We need people to pick a pass and spread it about.
I know he's easily muscled off the ball if he dwells but if he's got a second or two then normally the pass is quality

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Jan 2020 12:38

Einstein agogo Where's Adams?
As soon as we started to play him we looked convincing , despite his age and fitness.
We need people to pick a pass and spread it about.
I know he's easily muscled off the ball if he dwells but if he's got a second or two then normally the pass is quality

Who?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 29 Jan 2020 12:45

Snowball
Old Man Andrews
Zip

You got off lightly!

Did you get a snog off of her though?