CONFIMRED - Felipe Araruna

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: CONFIMRED - Felipe Araruna

by Zip » 30 Jan 2020 21:10

Old Man Andrews
genome That’s what I said Zip, confimred

It's the Portuguese spelling of it, Genome was being topical.

It was initially a shocking performance by Genome but he is forgiven. You on the other hand, OMA, have been under-performing for too long and need to go.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 30 Jan 2020 21:13

Zip
Old Man Andrews

It was initially a shocking performance by Genome but he is forgiven. You on the other hand, OMA, have been under-performing for too long and need to go.

Is OMA your escapegoat?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2020 21:16

Royalwaster
Zip
Old Man Andrews It's the Portuguese spelling of it, Genome was being topical.

Is OMA your escapegoat?

Only on Thursdays.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Rumour - Felipe Araruna

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2020 21:17

Zip
windermereROYAL
Zip Not sure about this signing. We have made a huge number of permanent and loan signings in recent years. It has left us with a bloated squad where we have plenty of players at a similar level. Hence our reserves are competitive.
Not convinced this guy is going to be any better to what we already have.

Call me old fashioned but I`m prepared to wait and see, you never know he might be good.

I know but we do have Pele and Rinomhota. Ok Pele’s loan expires at the end of the season but I would prefer we focus on signing him. I also think Rinomhota still has a future with the club. Sometimes less is more.

Looking at this objectively

Pele is 28 and on loan
Adam is 34 and his contract expires at the end of the season.

Excluding these two we have Rinomhota and East who are more defensive midfielders, and Swift who has drastically improved that side of his game but isn't best utilised there. Obita has played a bit of CM but is also out of contract in the summer and really is more of a wide player.

Olise, Holsgrove, Ejaria, and Frost are all more attacking midfielders with less defensive presence.

Araruna is 23

The club will know whether Pele is a realistic signing and someone we want longer term. If they want him, they'll already have been putting steps in place to try to secure him.

This may not be the signing we're crying out for, but there's nothing wrong with it as a longer term signing we're getting bedded in early to take over from Pele and Adam next season.

He's also our only signing so far this window, with maybe one more coming in. That's hardly excessive.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 30 Jan 2020 21:19, edited 1 time in total.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 30 Jan 2020 21:18

Zip Not sure about this signing. We have made a huge number of permanent and loan signings in recent years. It has left us with a bloated squad where we have plenty of players at a similar level. Hence our reserves are competitive.

Smacks of Sandro Wieser type signing! Happy to be proved wrong. Sounds like Bowen doesn’t know anything about him...not a good sign. Reckon the bloke will play 10 games then leave

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2020 21:21

Snowflake Royal
Zip
windermereROYAL
Call me old fashioned but I`m prepared to wait and see, you never know he might be good.

I know but we do have Pele and Rinomhota. Ok Pele’s loan expires at the end of the season but I would prefer we focus on signing him. I also think Rinomhota still has a future with the club. Sometimes less is more.

Pele is 28 and on loan

Excluding these two we have Rinomhota and East who are more defensive midfielders, and Swift who has drastically improved that side of his game but isn't best utilised there. Obita has played a bit of CM but is also out of contract in the summer and really is more of a wide player.

Olise, Holsgrove, Ejaria, and Frost are all more attacking midfielders with less defensive presence.

Araruna is 23

The club will know whether Pele is a realistic signing and someone we want longer term. If they want him, they'll already have been putting steps in place to try to secure him.

This may not be the signing we're crying out for, but there's nothing wrong with it as a longer term signing we're getting bedded in early to take over from Pele and Adam next season.

All fine but if Pele signs a deal in the summer and stays then I find this signing baffling. I do think this means East is leaving. His contract is up in the summer.
Personally I hope Pele stays. Perhaps this signing suggests he won’t be.
Either way as with any signing I wish Araruna well.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2020 21:27

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Pele is 28 and on loan

Araruna is 23

All fine but if Pele signs a deal in the summer and stays then I find this signing baffling. I do think this means East is leaving. His contract is up in the summer.

It's only really a problem if we keep all of the current lot. We should probably skew more towards defensively minded midfielders than all the fancy pants attackers we currently have anyway.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 30 Jan 2020 21:28

Is this guy shit?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2020 21:28

Notts Royal

Smacks of Sandro Wieser type signing! Happy to be proved wrong. Sounds like Bowen doesn’t know anything about him...not a good sign. Reckon the bloke will play 10 games then leave

I’d like to see fewer signings and those we do buy being upgrades on what we have. Not sure this guy will be but let’s see what he can do.
We still have a big squad and think this signing could have waited until the summer when we know the position regarding Pele.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2020 21:29

Jagermesiter1871 Is this guy shit?

OMA?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2020 21:29

Snowflake Royal

OMA?

Yes.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 30 Jan 2020 21:29

Snowflake Royal

OMA?

No, Gnome.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2020 21:30

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal

Pele is 28 and on loan

Araruna is 23

It's only really a problem if we keep all of the current lot. We should probably skew more towards defensively minded midfielders than all the fancy pants attackers we currently have anyway.

What are your thought on our transfer policy. It has seemed so random for so long.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2020 21:31

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal

OMA?

No, Gnome.

That’s sizeist.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jan 2020 21:32

This could be the worst quality new player arrival thread ever. :D :D :D

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2020 21:33

Old Man Andrews This could be the worst quality new player arrival thread ever. :D :D :D

:D ‘Greed

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2020 21:37

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal

OMA?

No, Genome.

Nah, he's alright.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2020 21:41

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

What are your thought on our transfer policy. It has seemed so random for so long.

It has flashes of sense, but has largely been a mess.

A mess exacerbated by constantly changing manager so no one ever develops anyone and the person in charge frequently has a dysfunctional squad of players he doesn't want, meaning a large number of replacements are required.

And often it appears the people driving signings are not in charge of actually winning games and managing the squad.

Hopefully the worst of that is now behind us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2020 21:43

The two windows we have had good results from in recent years were in 2016 when there was a focus on bringing in younger players like Swift, Moore, Blackett and Meite. There were some dodgy signings too but that was a successful window,
Then in January 19 we by and large focused on bringing in players from big clubs struggling for game time, That worked too. There at least seemed to be a strategy in place. Most other windows for a number of years it’s been so random.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jan 2020 21:55

Zip
Old Man Andrews

I'm not sure what you're on about Zip, it's always been Confimred. I never wrote Confirmed to start with :?