CONFIMRED - Felipe Araruna

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Rumour - Felipe Araruna

by morganb » 29 Jan 2020 11:25

Details here:

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/01/29/ ... ed/450173/

Story taken from Courtney's tweet:

Told #readingfc are set to move for defensive midfielder Felipe Araruna, who they have been linked with previously. The 23-year-old is currently on loan at Fortaleza from São Paulo. Royals hoping to tie up a deal in the coming days but his loan terms could be a stumbling block.
Last edited by morganb on 30 Jan 2020 19:12, edited 2 times in total.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Felipe Araruna

by Norfolk Royal » 29 Jan 2020 11:38

He's pretty good at, errrr, something or other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9iyote5mbQ

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Jan 2020 12:02

Norfolk Royal He's pretty good at, errrr, something or other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9iyote5mbQ

Wonderful heavy rock soundtrack there. Particularly liked the highlight where he jumped and got hit on the back of the head with the ball.

retro royal

by retro royal » 29 Jan 2020 12:25

Not getting this, we need width and strikers, think Pele and Rinomhota we've got defensive midfield covered unless one is off

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Jan 2020 12:38

I get Pele is on loan, so we need a DM long term. This guy is 5 years or so younger, so may be a longer term option and have future resale value.

Even allowing for this, spending the transfer kitty on this guy over Pele is absolutely ridiculous.

- Pele turns 29 in September. It's not like we're looking at Charlie Adam. We could easily get 4 - 5 good years out of him.

- Adapting to the UK and the Championship takes time. Pele has been through this, with a dodgy loan at Forest and a slow start for us. We should now be looking to reap the benefits; not bring in a Brazilian who will have to go through this again, with no guarantee he'll come good.

- We need to build a squad nucleus which can steadily progress. This means Swift, Ejaria, Rino and, at the moment, Pele.

Why would anyone with the slightest clue about running a football club take a punt on a young Brazilian over bringing Pele back? Surely Pele won't be out of our price range? His contract is running down and he's barely played for Monaco.

I like our owners. They have supported Club 1871, are willing to invest in playing staff and infrastructure, support away travel etc. They clearly have a long term desire to succeed. But they have shown over their tenure that they can trust the wrong people. I don't like the new DoF rumour, and suspect this transfer is a result of his involvement. Wrong decision; let's hope he doesn't make a load more to set us back just as we're starting to build something.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 29 Jan 2020 12:56

WestYorksRoyal I get Pele is on loan, so we need a DM long term. This guy is 5 years or so younger, so may be a longer term option and have future resale value.

Even allowing for this, spending the transfer kitty on this guy over Pele is absolutely ridiculous.

- Pele turns 29 in September. It's not like we're looking at Charlie Adam. We could easily get 4 - 5 good years out of him.

- Adapting to the UK and the Championship takes time. Pele has been through this, with a dodgy loan at Forest and a slow start for us. We should now be looking to reap the benefits; not bring in a Brazilian who will have to go through this again, with no guarantee he'll come good.

- We need to build a squad nucleus which can steadily progress. This means Swift, Ejaria, Rino and, at the moment, Pele.

Why would anyone with the slightest clue about running a football club take a punt on a young Brazilian over bringing Pele back? Surely Pele won't be out of our price range? His contract is running down and he's barely played for Monaco.

I like our owners. They have supported Club 1871, are willing to invest in playing staff and infrastructure, support away travel etc. They clearly have a long term desire to succeed. But they have shown over their tenure that they can trust the wrong people. I don't like the new DoF rumour, and suspect this transfer is a result of his involvement. Wrong decision; let's hope he doesn't make a load more to set us back just as we're starting to build something.

:| far too many 'if's' in this post.
1.First up its just a rumour nothing confirmed it could just be made up bollox.
2. We might not play him as a defensive cm maybe he a replacement for Adam.
3.You have no idea how much Monoco might be wanting for pele
4.Or even if pele would want to sign here full time
5. 'spending THE transfer kitty' you have no idea how much he will cost and whether that will be all of the kitty or not
6. regards to the DOF no evidence points to his involvement in this, other than the fact this guy is Brazillian.

calm down to a panic :|

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Jan 2020 13:13

WoodleyRoyal
WestYorksRoyal I get Pele is on loan, so we need a DM long term. This guy is 5 years or so younger, so may be a longer term option and have future resale value.

5. 'spending THE transfer kitty' you have no idea how much he will cost and whether that will be all of the kitty or not
6. regards to the DOF no evidence points to his involvement in this, other than the fact this guy is Brazillian.

Mostly legitimate criticism, although I think Pele is on record saying he'd like to stay.

Apparently he can also play RB, so maybe more cover once Gunter leaves (assuming he does). And perhaps bringing him in now gives him time to settle while Gunter and Adam are still on the books; he wouldn't need to perform straight away.

With this and the Laurent rumour, I'd overall guess we're not aiming to bring Pele back. Or don't consider it feasible. Shame either way.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 29 Jan 2020 13:32

WestYorksRoyal
WoodleyRoyal

Mostly legitimate criticism, although I think Pele is on record saying he'd like to stay.

Apparently he can also play RB, so maybe more cover once Gunter leaves (assuming he does). And perhaps bringing him in now gives him time to settle while Gunter and Adam are still on the books; he wouldn't need to perform straight away.

With this and the Laurent rumour, I'd overall guess we're not aiming to bring Pele back. Or don't consider it feasible. Shame either way.

Or we’re planning ahead in case we lose Swift or Ejaria in the summer? Agree though - and smacks of an owner/Kia signing instead of Bowen, which is once again worrying.
Our midfield is the best it’s been for years - let’s not rock the boat

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Jan 2020 13:39

Notts Royal Our midfield is the best it’s been for years - let’s not rock the boat

Terrible reason not to sign a player. It may be the best it has been for years but we are still only 15th in the league, so we have a lot of room for improvement across the pitch - so if a player is available who can improve us, we should go for it. Not clear Araruna is that player but we'll only know that if and when he arrives and plays.

Basildon

by Basildon » 30 Jan 2020 10:13

Courtney Friday reckons this one will be done today

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Jan 2020 11:23

He hasn't been wrong recently.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Jan 2020 11:29

Sounds like he will be cheap, so maybe it's a low risk signing. If we've uncovered a gem, great. If not, no great pain involved.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2020 11:50

WestYorksRoyal Sounds like he will be cheap, so maybe it's a low risk signing. If we've uncovered a gem, great. If not, no great pain involved.

yeah this pretty much. I'd be lying if I said I was getting excited by a 23 year old 5ft 9inch holding midfielder with 30 odd senior games behind him, but there must be something about him for him to be recommended (hopefully not just an agent fee to Kia)

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jan 2020 13:49

Hound
WestYorksRoyal Sounds like he will be cheap, so maybe it's a low risk signing. If we've uncovered a gem, great. If not, no great pain involved.

yeah this pretty much. I'd be lying if I said I was getting excited by a 23 year old 5ft 9inch holding midfielder with 30 odd senior games behind him, but there must be something about him for him to be recommended (hopefully not just an agent fee to Kia)

Well it’s all very nice and I presume he brings more to the table than we already have in the squad but can’t see anything to indicate that on available information

Wiki says he can also play at right back and that his full name is Felipe Araruna Hoffman

Chronicle says he is due to arrive this PM and if he does sign I would imagine his first opportunity to play might be the Hull game as I think it’s too late to qualify for the FA Cup replay next week and presumably the league trip to Cardiff is just far too soon

Let’s hope gets on with Rafael so as to make him feel more at home

Finally, hope it’s a loan for the rest of the season to see how he gets on

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Jan 2020 14:02

Notts Royal
WestYorksRoyal
WoodleyRoyal

Or we’re planning ahead in case we lose Swift or Ejaria in the summer? Agree though - and smacks of an owner/Kia signing instead of Bowen, which is once again worrying.
Our midfield is the best it’s been for years - let’s not rock the boat

I don't know about worrying. Its that old argument as to how the scouting works. Will the manager have specific players in mind. I doubt it. More likely he will have a specific type of player in mind and the scouting network will look to find a player that fits the profile.

And considering Joorabchian was allegedly involved in the 5 signings that kept us up last year and our Brazilian/Portugese signings this season have done alright, I think there a lot of unfounded doom mongering about his involvement so far, the level of which, no one actually knows.

Basildon

by Basildon » 30 Jan 2020 14:10

40% sell on clause if Sport Witness are to be believed.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 30 Jan 2020 14:45

Won't he need a work permit?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2020 14:47

SpaghettiHoop Won't he need a work permit?

Was he the guy that we were interested in a week or so ago, if so, I seem to remember it being confirmed that he had dual-citizenship, Italian maybe?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Jan 2020 14:48

SpaghettiHoop Won't he need a work permit?

He's got a European passport.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Jan 2020 15:51

Basildon 40% sell on clause if Sport Witness are to be believed.

Yep but no fee. So he is great and we flog him for a handsome sum great - if not we've just paid 2.5 years of probably fairly moderate wages in Championship terms.