MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a) sponsored double header part 2

378 posts
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Cardiff City (a) sponsored double header part 2

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Feb 2020 01:00

If they think they can still get Loader to sign a contract then he should be involved, otherwise there is no point giving him game time, he hasn't shown the quality to deserve it and would only be getting it as a promising young player. Frankly, he has shown no loyalty to the club that has been responsible to his development and has had his head turned at the first sniff of a Premier League club.

Unless we've really dropped the ball, all he's going to do is go to a Prem side who like to take punts on players like him, loan him out before eventually selling him on or releasing.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Feb 2020 08:07

We should have got rid of Loader in January, get a couple of million for him. I predict he won't go on to achieve anything significant in football.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Feb 2020 08:51

Old Man Andrews We should have got rid of Loader in January, get a couple of million for him. I predict he won't go on to achieve anything significant in football.

How would you define significant?

He is still only 19 tbf. But do agree in retrospect we should have cashed in earlier

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Feb 2020 08:53

Hound
Old Man Andrews We should have got rid of Loader in January, get a couple of million for him. I predict he won't go on to achieve anything significant in football.

He is still only 19 tbf. But do agree in retrospect we should have cashed in earlier

Be a regular Premier League starter. Just haven't seen anything to suggest he can do it at that level, I compare him to young Championship starlets like Jarrod Bowen and Kalvin Phillips and he just isn't in the same universe as players like that.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Feb 2020 08:56

Old Man Andrews
Hound

Be a regular Premier League starter. Just haven't seen anything to suggest he can do it at that level, I compare him to young Championship starlets like Jarrod Bowen and Kalvin Phillips and he just isn't in the same universe as players like that.

Those 2 are 4 and 5 years older than Loader.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Feb 2020 08:58

Wasn't Kalvin Phillips pretty poor until Bielsa came in?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Feb 2020 09:00

Stranded
Old Man Andrews
Hound

Age isn't the relevance it is the talent they immediately demonstrated when they came into their respective sides I am referring to. Bowen was clearly Championship level immediately, same with Phillips. Loader would be playing right now if he were good enough, clearly he isn't.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Feb 2020 10:22

Hound

Signing for Leeds probably. :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Feb 2020 10:26

Old Man Andrews
Stranded
Old Man Andrews Be a regular Premier League starter. Just haven't seen anything to suggest he can do it at that level, I compare him to young Championship starlets like Jarrod Bowen and Kalvin Phillips and he just isn't in the same universe as players like that.

Age isn't the relevance it is the talent they immediately demonstrated when they came into their respective sides I am referring to. Bowen was clearly Championship level immediately, same with Phillips. Loader would be playing right now if he were good enough, clearly he isn't.

Did Phillips really? I mean I don't follow Leeds as closely as you do, but the stats suggest by the age of 20, he'd made a couple of starts, a few more sub appearances and generally been quite underwhelming

From the bits I picked up, he only really started performing when he moved to DCM

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Feb 2020 10:59

Maybe but it is way too early to state anything definitively.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 04 Feb 2020 17:38

NewCorkSeth

I tend to agree with OMA, Loader has shown nothing so far that excites or gives an indication of potential at first team level

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Feb 2020 17:44

Gunny Fishcake
NewCorkSeth

I tend to agree with OMA, Loader has shown nothing so far that excites or gives an indication of potential at first team level

Yeah... the age factor is certainly relevant though. And if your only measure of success is PL regular then you might as well close the academy because very few will achieve that.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 04 Feb 2020 17:47

Gunny Fishcake
NewCorkSeth

Apart from the stunning goal at Middlesborough last season obviously !

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Feb 2020 17:50

Royals and Racers
Gunny Fishcake
NewCorkSeth Maybe but it is way too early to state anything definitively.

Apart from the stunning goal at Middlesborough last season obviously !

His goal against Blackpool showed a certain something as well...
I’d have hoped for a bit more by now but you can’t write a kid off at 19 !

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Feb 2020 17:51

Snowflake Royal
Gunny Fishcake
NewCorkSeth Maybe but it is way too early to state anything definitively.

Yeah... the age factor is certainly relevant though. And if your only measure of success is PL regular then you might as well close the academy because very few will achieve that.

The point of the academy is to produce players who can play for our first team who we can then sell on for a huge amount of money. On the evidence we have seen Danny Loader isn't good enough for the first team.

Really think he should have gone out on loan to a League 1 side this season, played week in and week out.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 04 Feb 2020 17:58

I like this as a summary of our current depth and injuries.

Source:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EP8v5e3WsAE ... =4096x4096

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 04 Feb 2020 18:06

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Gunny Fishcake

The point of the academy is to produce players who can play for our first team who we can then sell on for a huge amount of money. On the evidence we have seen Danny Loader isn't good enough for the first team.

Really think he should have gone out on loan to a League 1 side this season, played week in and week out.

He needs to step up physically before we can assess his skills and talent

But at the moment, just like he’s been the last 14 months, he’s physically weak and constantly shrugged off the ball

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Feb 2020 18:14

seahawk10 I like this as a summary of our current depth and injuries.

Source:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EP8v5e3WsAE ... =4096x4096

There's some interesting choices of where they've put people. Swift in attack and Ejaria in normal midfield? Don't think so.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Feb 2020 18:16

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Gunny Fishcake

Look OMA, the future might prove you correct but so many players dont develop until their mid 20s. He is just 19 and is burdened with a weight if expectation. His apps have mostly been cameos.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Feb 2020 18:34

Not particularly confident tonight, think Cardiff will make less changes than us and have home advantage.

378 posts