MATCHWATCH : Hull City (h) sponsored by Billy Whitehurst

130 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Hull City (h) sponsored by Billy Whitehurst

by URZZZZ » 08 Feb 2020 18:34

windermereROYAL
URZZZZ
Baldock 6 - lively and made some decent runs, end product lacking slightly at times, poor decision to sub him off

If Puscas had put in a performance like that you would give him a 3, Sam was awful.

No because Baldock actually moves and makes runs. Puscas just stands there throughout and the ball bounces off his shin every time. Baldock was at the heart of our best two moves in the first half, his through ball to Meite and his shot that went just wide after an excellent control

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Feb 2020 19:04

windermereROYAL
URZZZZ
Baldock 6 - lively and made some decent runs, end product lacking slightly at times, poor decision to sub him off

If Puscas had put in a performance like that you would give him a 3, Sam was awful.

Baldock was half decent I thought - played well off limited service, chased down well and made some good runs

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 08 Feb 2020 19:40

Hound
windermereROYAL
URZZZZ

Baldock was half decent I thought - played well off limited service, chased down well and made some good runs

I agree, I thought Baldock was our best player. Lively, great runs, created, and almost scored with a dream volley.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 08 Feb 2020 20:11

URZZZZ Obita 5 - he isn't good enough, it's as simple as that, passenger for 60 minutes apart from the goal which, in all honesty, should easily have been saved

Alternatively, we get the ball to our WB's, then do fcuk all to support them.
No overlaps.
No runs inside.
On your own, better beat the man then get a cross in as we're doing fcuk all to make it easier.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 08 Feb 2020 21:38

Ascotexgunner
Hound
windermereROYAL

I agree, I thought Baldock was our best player. Lively, great runs, created, and almost scored with a dream volley.

+1 And he was subbed. WTF?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Feb 2020 22:40

windermereROYAL
URZZZZ

Are you kidding. Ran all day, lots of closing down, stole the ball a few times and was feeding off scraps of poorly timed and played balls over the top. Puscas would have done about half the running and stolen F all.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Feb 2020 22:41

Platypuss
URZZZZ Obita 5 - he isn't good enough, it's as simple as that, passenger for 60 minutes apart from the goal which, in all honesty, should easily have been saved

No overlaps.
No runs inside.
On your own, better beat the man then get a cross in as we're doing fcuk all to make it easier.

Plus 1

Ejaria, Swift, Baldock and Meite all standing close to each other in the middle.

Obita scored, and was the main one whipping in crosses (of varying quality admittedly)

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Feb 2020 23:02

Snowflake Royal
Platypuss

No overlaps.
No runs inside.

Plus 1

Ejaria, Swift, Baldock and Meite all standing close to each other in the middle.

Obita scored, and was the main one whipping in crosses (of varying quality admittedly)

Well, yeah, it’s something I’ve alluded to in the past

When you play wingbacks without a winger in front of them, it’s pretty essential they can take a man on and beat them because they’re missing a linkup player. At a push, our best combo for that is probably Richards and Yiadom now but even then, it’s not exactly great

Obita seems to have lost a yard of pace and whilst he wasn’t quick before, it makes him even slower now and I thought he was really lacking any creativity offensively

Tidy finish for the goal mind, and teaches Swift, Ejaria, Blackett and co you don’t need to take 30 touches on the ball before delivering a product

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Feb 2020 09:28

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
Platypuss
No overlaps.
No runs inside.

Plus 1

Well, yeah, it’s something I’ve alluded to in the past

When you play wingbacks without a winger in front of them, it’s pretty essential they can take a man on and beat them because they’re missing a linkup player. At a push, our best combo for that is probably Richards and Yiadom now but even then, it’s not exactly great

Obita seems to have lost a yard of pace and whilst he wasn’t quick before, it makes him even slower now and I thought he was really lacking any creativity offensively

Tidy finish for the goal mind, and teaches Swift, Ejaria, Blackett and co you don’t need to take 30 touches on the ball before delivering a product

Obita didn't need to beat his man with pace to cross. He just needed to gain half a yard on him. He put in 8, twice as many as anyone else.

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 10 Feb 2020 12:26

Winner of this week's Dave's i award goes to this pearl by URZZZZ.

URZZZZ reason our wide play "looked" better at Cardiff was because we had options in the box. Against Bristol and the Cardiff league game, we had one or at tops two people in the box and when that occurs, the cross has to be exactly precise

Took pride of place in the weekend edition.

130 posts