Second season success stories

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Second season success stories

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Feb 2020 10:14

Cummings had about three good games for us. He was awful in general. Highlight was when he accidentally kicked himself in the face.

Kermorgant is a good shout. I though Glenn Little was pretty average when he was here on loan.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 05 Feb 2020 10:17

Royalwaster Better example - Shane Long ... thought he was clueless for a long time, and then suddenly he came on fire ... and he's still playing in the Prem now. He surely has to be incredibly grateful to Steve Coppell for all he's achieved.

Again, more to it.

Came into the squad as an impact sub in a successful side (he was 18, 19 at this point), and saved at least one game. Premiership the next season and certainly the one after that came too soon, but the point is that he was still young and learning the game at this point. As he matured, he got more experience, he got better.

Cummings followed up that Cardiff game - which was from absolutely out of nowhere iirc, Andy Griffin would have been the usual RB so he barely played all season - with playing almost all of the next season (34 games, we got promoted).

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Feb 2020 10:19

I know I'm going to get slaughtered for this but Al-Habsi. He was mostly shite in his first season.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Feb 2020 10:23

NewCorkSeth I know I'm going to get slaughtered for this but Al-Habsi. He was mostly shite in his first season.

Is that why he won POTS in his first season :wink:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Feb 2020 10:23

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth I know I'm going to get slaughtered for this but Al-Habsi. He was mostly shite in his first season.

Biggest unsolved mystery in Readings history that.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Feb 2020 10:35

URZZZZ

Think that was mainly due to lack of other options tbf

He definitely improved vastly in season 2

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 05 Feb 2020 10:37

Correct - we knew him as Al-Flapsi

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Feb 2020 11:12

Hound
URZZZZ

He had to have been good if he got ahead of Norwood, there’s no way we beat Sheffield if he plays!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Feb 2020 11:15

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Bowen has obviously ran out of patience with him and we are still at a stage where we can command a decent fee for him. He doesn't suit our style of play, fairly obvious really. Not sure how that needs to be explained.

Well, we'll just have to see won't we...

Personally, I disagree with that he has lost patience with him and unless you're actually Mark Bowen, you cannot say that for certain.

I'd be foolish for us and Bowen, just to write him off after one season in a tough league in a new country.

I wouldn't necessarily write him off as such I just cannot see him ever fitting the system Bowen plays. I don't think Puscas came here to sit on the bench so it may be in the best interests for everyone to move on. We get a decent wedge of cash and the player gets 1st team football elsewhere. He is clearly talented, no doubt.

So not a FACT then :roll:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Feb 2020 11:16

Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Well, we'll just have to see won't we...

Personally, I disagree with that he has lost patience with him and unless you're actually Mark Bowen, you cannot say that for certain.

I'd be foolish for us and Bowen, just to write him off after one season in a tough league in a new country.

I wouldn't necessarily write him off as such I just cannot see him ever fitting the system Bowen plays. I don't think Puscas came here to sit on the bench so it may be in the best interests for everyone to move on. We get a decent wedge of cash and the player gets 1st team football elsewhere. He is clearly talented, no doubt.

Absolutely will be a fact. He will be leaving in the summer and I will be demanding an apology.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Feb 2020 11:18

Old Man Andrews
Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews I wouldn't necessarily write him off as such I just cannot see him ever fitting the system Bowen plays. I don't think Puscas came here to sit on the bench so it may be in the best interests for everyone to move on. We get a decent wedge of cash and the player gets 1st team football elsewhere. He is clearly talented, no doubt.

Absolutely will be a fact. He will be leaving in the summer and I will be demanding an apology.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Feb 2020 11:21

Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews
Franchise FC So not a FACT then :roll:

You're a very thick human being. It is a fact now because it will be happening. He cannot leave now, the next available slot for him to go he will go.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Feb 2020 11:24

Old Man Andrews
Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews Absolutely will be a fact. He will be leaving in the summer and I will be demanding an apology.

You're a very thick human being. It is a fact now because it will be happening. He cannot leave now, the next available slot for him to go he will go.

According to people that clearly must be more intelligent than me

A fact is a thing that is known to be consistent with objective reality and can be proven to be true with evidence. For example, "This sentence contains words." is a linguistic fact, and "The sun is a star." is a cosmological fact. Further, "Abraham Lincoln was the 16th President of the United States." and "Abraham Lincoln was assassinated." are also both facts, of history. All of these statements have the epistemic quality of being "ontologically superior" to opinion or interpretation — they are either categorically necessary or supported by adequate documentation

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Feb 2020 11:25

Old Man Andrews
Franchise FC
Old Man Andrews Absolutely will be a fact. He will be leaving in the summer and I will be demanding an apology.

What has changed since the last available slot ended 5 days ago ?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Feb 2020 11:28

Nameless
Old Man Andrews
Franchise FC So not a FACT then :roll:

Bowen has given him the chance to prove his worth but last night was the key indicator that Puscas will be off in the summer. He was taken off at half time for Sone Aluko...... What more evidence do we need?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 05 Feb 2020 11:29

URZZZZ
Hound
URZZZZ

He had to have been good if he got ahead of Norwood, there’s no way we beat Sheffield if he plays!

Huh?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 05 Feb 2020 11:39

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Old Man Andrews You're a very thick human being. It is a fact now because it will be happening. He cannot leave now, the next available slot for him to go he will go.

Bowen has given him the chance to prove his worth but last night was the key indicator that Puscas will be off in the summer. He was taken off at half time for Sone Aluko...... What more evidence do we need?

The earth is flat ... what more evidence do we need?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Feb 2020 11:43

Old Man Andrews
Nameless
Old Man Andrews You're a very thick human being. It is a fact now because it will be happening. He cannot leave now, the next available slot for him to go he will go.

Last night would have had nothing to do with it.
If Puscas were to be off the logical thing would have been to have sold him in January clearing the way for us to bring in a new player who would cover for Joao,
It would be utterly bizarre for Bowen to decide to hang on until after the window had closed to give Puscas his ‘last chance’.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 05 Feb 2020 11:59

You don't get it ... it wasn't Bowen's decision, it was OMA who made it a fact.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Feb 2020 12:12

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ
Hound

Huh?

If he can get POTS whilst we had players like Norwood in the squad, he must have been good in his first season

In all seriousness, Al Habsi was poor until January time and then picked it up massively after that. I guess the reason he won POTS was because people will place greater weightings on the most recent events