BFTG Wednesday (A)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Wednesday (A)

by leon » 16 Feb 2020 12:17

Snowflake Royal
3points
Snowflake Royal Morrison, Swift, Gunter, Richards and Meite all played the full game against Cardiff four days earlier. Blackett played 90 mins, Pele played 60, Aluko about 90.

We failed to win that game due to one late mistake. Probably from mental and physical fatigue.
think you missed the point. I don’t think the cup game had much to do with it. It’s a common theme for us against lower table teams who sit very deep and don’t pressure the ball. We lack creativity in midfield and movement up front. We do not counter attack with pace when we get the occasional chance to do that against that type of team

Not sure how you can say we lack creativity in midfield with Swift and Ejaria.

I don't think I've missed the point at all. Our performance against Hull is easily explained by fatigue.

Stoke, Barnsley and Birmingham are really the only disappointing results we've had against more limited teams and two of them were away. Maybe include Cardiff, but that's another away. And we only lost one of them. QPR were high flying when we played then, plus away.

I’d argue most of the teams we’ve played have been limited. The standard this season is pretty average.

3p makes a good point - for a midfield of supposedly creative players we don’t create enough. I think we have on occasion but not consistently. Our movement needs working on from receiving the ball in midfield to upfront.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Feb 2020 12:25

It's about movement as a team and creating opportunities for our creative players. Case in point yesterday; no Ejaria assist without the Meite run.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Feb 2020 12:28

WestYorksRoyal It's about movement as a team and creating opportunities for our creative players. Case in point yesterday; no Ejaria assist without the Meite run.

Well quite.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2020 12:39

Yes, Seth is spot on about decisions, as is the point about movement. There's certainly room for improvement and without Swift or Eharia or if they don't play well we do unsurprisingly look toothless.

But the argument that we can't breakdown weaker or middling defensive teams just doesn't really hold up when you look at our results under Bowen, especially with our creative dangermen available.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 16 Feb 2020 12:54

leon
Snowflake Royal
3points think you missed the point. I don’t think the cup game had much to do with it. It’s a common theme for us against lower table teams who sit very deep and don’t pressure the ball. We lack creativity in midfield and movement up front. We do not counter attack with pace when we get the occasional chance to do that against that type of team

Not sure how you can say we lack creativity in midfield with Swift and Ejaria.

I don't think I've missed the point at all. Our performance against Hull is easily explained by fatigue.

Stoke, Barnsley and Birmingham are really the only disappointing results we've had against more limited teams and two of them were away. Maybe include Cardiff, but that's another away. And we only lost one of them. QPR were high flying when we played then, plus away.

I’d argue most of the teams we’ve played have been limited. The standard this season is pretty average.

That's the beauty of a competitive league. Where money alone doesn't determine the outcome far too often. More interesting to follow.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 16 Feb 2020 13:24

leon
WestYorksRoyal It's about movement as a team and creating opportunities for our creative players. Case in point yesterday; no Ejaria assist without the Meite run.

Well quite.

True, must be a training ground run

But the pass would have picked out Puscas, who was clever to leave it.

Maybe the pass was to Puscas, meant to be flicked on?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 16 Feb 2020 13:27

I've watched that on. Peculiar. The pass looks slow and as if defenders "should have" cut it out.

I think, except[t on some breaks, we play a little bit too slowly.

That means more defenders better placed and spaced.

Perhaps if we were a little quicker it would be easier to make a killer pass?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2020 13:36

That was Swift's problem last season and Ejaria's this. Too many little touches, playing slow and watching for a big error to exploit or trying to force one where there's no room for it to come off.

There's really no reason for anyone to be trying to take on 3+ players, do 3 step overs or turn inside, outside inside again.

95% of the time it should be make your bit of space and exploit it, or if it doesn't happen move on and release the ball to someone else.

Derbyshire Royal

by Derbyshire Royal » 16 Feb 2020 15:21

How big was the traveling support? We made loads more noise then the Wednesday 'massive'.

Can't wait to see them at work on Monday.

Derbyshire Royal

by Derbyshire Royal » 16 Feb 2020 16:04

The Wednesday fans that is.......

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 16 Feb 2020 16:13

Derbyshire Royal How big was the traveling support? We made loads more noise then the Wednesday 'massive'.

5 Star coaches.

Seating was unreserved so difficult to tell. As people were spread around.

Fair to say that Wednesday never really got going. Little to lift the crowd.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Feb 2020 16:17

Snowball

I've watched that on. Peculiar. The pass looks slow and as if defenders "should have" cut it out.

I think, except[t on some breaks, we play a little bit too slowly.

That means more defenders better placed and spaced.

Perhaps if we were a little quicker it would be easier to make a killer pass?

We had one break from one of their corners, think it was a 3 on 1 situation but the passes from both Ejaria and Olise were poor and it came to nothing

We seem to have a habit of passing into players’ feet rather than into the space in front of them. When the receiver is bursting forward, it kills the momentum generated when they have to constantly check back to control the ball, rather than take it in their stride

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 16 Feb 2020 16:40

Derbyshire Royal How big was the traveling support? We made loads more noise then the Wednesday 'massive'.

Amen to this!!! All the Wednesday massive I work with, am friends with or live next to, have gone to ground today.....strange!!! :lol:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Feb 2020 16:40

The ref was quite possibly the smallest adult human ever to have lived. Certainly in my lifetime anyway.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Feb 2020 16:54

2 world wars, 1 world cup The ref was quite possibly the smallest adult human ever to have lived. Certainly in my lifetime anyway.

He isn't small he's "fun size".

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 16 Feb 2020 17:08

Jagermesiter1871
Singing Defective
windermereROYAL A few results today there were not expected to say the least, don`t you just love storm Dennis, us, Luton winning at Boro, Barnsley stuffing the cottagers by 3, and Wigan drawing at Cardiff.
I still see negative comments after a 3-0 away win, sometimes I despair. we lose and its Bowen out, we win by 3 goals and its not convincing enough,
F*ck I love football fans !!!

Wasn’t at game, apologies for posting on here: Yeah, but, despite my son loving Monk for deploying his medical team on our behalf previously, they weren’t exactly sh!t hot on home ground. And why the oxf*rd couldn’t we deploy today’s team last Wednesday, when we looked like Aldershot against WBA?

So you're asking why we looked worse against top of the league than compared to against a midtable team in free fall?

That :) and why neither Wendies nor us have any semblance of “home advantage”..

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Feb 2020 17:14

Old Man Andrews
2 world wars, 1 world cup The ref was quite possibly the smallest adult human ever to have lived. Certainly in my lifetime anyway.

He isn't small he's "fun size".

:)

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 20 Feb 2020 11:29

Just about recovered from Saturday. Top top day.

Good to see so many old faces in The Globe, Sheffield. Drank far too much, won 3nil away, rode a tram, sat with Dellor and Gooding on the way back and ended up on Radio Berkshire. Uuuuuurrrzzzz !

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 20 Feb 2020 14:26

Zammo Just about recovered from Saturday. Top top day.

Good to see so many old faces in The Globe, Sheffield. Drank far too much, won 3nil away, rode a tram, sat with Dellor and Gooding on the way back and ended up on Radio Berkshire. Uuuuuurrrzzzz !

Stuff of dreams. Class