Modou Barrow

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Modou Barrow

by Hound » 20 Feb 2020 17:51

Zip
Hound A decent player imo but his time here has passed. Let’s move on

I don’t think his time has passed. Different manager now who may get more out of him. We are so short of genuine wingers and pace that it would seem a no brainer to keep him unless he has issues with the club.

We’ll probably sign some in the summer though

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Feb 2020 18:03

Hound
Zip

I don’t think his time has passed. Different manager now who may get more out of him. We are so short of genuine wingers and pace that it would seem a no brainer to keep him unless he has issues with the club.

We will need to but at this level Barrow is pretty good. It’s an area in the side we have struggled with for a while now as in Popa, Sims, Beerens, Boye etc.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 20 Feb 2020 18:23

Hound
Snowball

Not saying you’re wrong but didn’t the same thing get said about Gunter and McCleary?

Well they were still at the club for one. If Barrow was still here I’d suggest using him

I don’t think there is any chance of him staying in Reading next season tbh

or McCleary and probably not Gunter

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Feb 2020 18:39

Hound
Zip

The thread is mainly about whether we could use him now if his loan contract is breached and in those highly unusual circumstances and our dearth of wingers he'd certainly be of use til the end of the season at least providing he was motivated.

He may well be here next season if we can't find interest who can afford him. Or is he ooc?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Feb 2020 18:54

Snowflake Royal
Hound
Zip

The thread is mainly about whether we could use him now if his loan contract is breached and in those highly unusual circumstances and our dearth of wingers he'd certainly be of use til the end of the season at least providing he was motivated.

He may well be here next season if we can't find interest who can afford him. Or is he ooc?

Contract expiry June 21

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Feb 2020 21:25

Zip
Hound
Zip

We will need to but at this level Barrow is pretty good. It’s an area in the side we have struggled with for a while now as in Popa, Sims, Beerens, Boye etc.

Mmmmmmm, a bit harsh. Agree on the other three though

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 20 Feb 2020 21:31

Snowflake Royal The suggestion he's not a footballer is one of the stupidest things I've read on here for a while, even for obvious hyperbole.

Bit lazy maybe, certainly poor, though improved, defensively.

Also, disinterested is impartial or not motivated by personal gain. Y'all mean uninterested.

Yours percy Pedant.

There's always one that takes everything at face value...

I agree that his defensive work did actually improve but somehow, he actually became more of a hindrance when he began to defend more, IIRC he gave away a few goals when trying to track back (Boro H, Swansea H, Leeds H if my memory is correct)

I dunno, I guess I don't particularly like his attitude, still constantly moped around the pitch sulking, had limited end product other than a 2 month spell where he was on fire etc. I think the club needs to move forward and stop looking back

So even through my constant defending of Aluko, him and Barrow would be one of the first couple I'd ship out

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Feb 2020 23:32

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal The suggestion he's not a footballer is one of the stupidest things I've read on here for a while, even for obvious hyperbole.

Also, disinterested is impartial or not motivated by personal gain. Y'all mean uninterested.

Yours percy Pedant.

There's always one that takes everything at face value...

I agree that his defensive work did actually improve but somehow, he actually became more of a hindrance when he began to defend more, IIRC he gave away a few goals when trying to track back (Boro H, Swansea H, Leeds H if my memory is correct)

I dunno, I guess I don't particularly like his attitude, still constantly moped around the pitch sulking, had limited end product other than a 2 month spell where he was on fire etc. I think the club needs to move forward and stop looking back

So even through my constant defending of Aluko, him and Barrow would be one of the first couple I'd ship out

So you missed the "even for obvious hyperbole" then.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Feb 2020 01:24

He just thought you got his name wrong.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Feb 2020 10:23

What evidence do you have to claim he is lazy? I'd suggest your accusation is lazy. I'd also suggest you have very. very little idea of playing the game.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Feb 2020 12:36

John Smith

What evidence do you have to claim he is lazy? I'd suggest your accusation is lazy. I'd also suggest you have very. very little idea of playing the game.

I'd suggest I don't care what you think.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Feb 2020 12:38

Snowflake Royal
John Smith

Thats why you replied then....... :roll:

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 21 Feb 2020 13:40

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
John Smith What evidence do you have to claim he is lazy? I'd suggest your accusation is lazy. I'd also suggest you have very. very little idea of playing the game.

Thats why you replied then....... :roll:

Replied reaffirming my suggestion of him knowing nothing about playing the game, as he'd have been able to construct a proper response. How can Mo Barrow be lazy?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 22 Feb 2020 10:30

URZZZZ
Zip
Hound

Beerens was wrong manager, wrong tactics. I think he would have been brilliant under Bowen. Great finisher when given the chance as well.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Feb 2020 18:50

Ascotexgunner
URZZZZ
Zip

Beerens was wrong manager, wrong tactics. I think he would have been brilliant under Bowen. Great finisher when given the chance as well.

Beerens was such a weird one. Never very popular with the fans but good first season. Then played out of position stupidly, went on a poor run, fans on his back and Stam dropped him like a hot potato and that was that.

Talk about shit man management.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 22 Feb 2020 20:30

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner
URZZZZ

Beerens was such a weird one. Never very popular with the fans but good first season. Then played out of position stupidly, went on a poor run, fans on his back and Stam dropped him like a hot potato and that was that.

Yeah, agree with you, I always thought he had something but not many others did (wonder why that is)

I always wondered if he told Stam midway through that he wanted out in January which was why he stopped being played because he went from starting most games to not making the squad

I would say however that he did have the cowardice approach to the game, you could tell by the end his confidence was shot as he was visibly hiding behind defenders

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 31 Mar 2020 16:58

https://www.goal.com/en/news/modou-barr ... n3gb9vcaqn

Apparently he's gone AWOL again - this time back to the Gambia without permission to attend to family issues.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 31 Mar 2020 17:41

I mean he's clearly a bit of a knob.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 05 Jun 2020 14:14

Latest on Mo:

https://the72.co.uk/170806/reading-look ... ing-block/

JLow says on Twitter

A quick update on #readingfc winger Mo Barrow. Royals are looking to sell this summer but stumbling block to any exit seems to be transfer fee. Club want £2m and turned down £500,000 from a side in Asia earlier this year. Has a year left on Royals contract & Turkish loan is over

If his loan is over can he play for us again this season? Same goes for the other returning loan players

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jun 2020 15:38

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner

Yeah, agree with you, I always thought he had something but not many others did (wonder why that is)

I always wondered if he told Stam midway through that he wanted out in January which was why he stopped being played because he went from starting most games to not making the squad

I would say however that he did have the cowardice approach to the game, you could tell by the end his confidence was shot as he was visibly hiding behind defenders

Beerens was brilliant in Stam season 1 up to Christmas. A major reason we got to where we did. Crossing and finishing top notch

As for Barrow. I rated him, but clearly he does have issues with his personality. Happy to ship him out for whatever we can get and get the wages off the books now tbh