MATCHWATCH : Wigan Athletic (h) sponsored by Nicky Forster

285 posts
Jinx

Re: MATCHWATCH : Wigan Athletic (h) sponsored by Nicky Forster

by Jinx » 26 Feb 2020 22:13

A lot of anti-Bowen stuff here but it;s not entirely him

Strange selections aside, I expect 11 "professional" footballers to do better than that. There is a lack of basic skills, lack of decision making and a lack of effort.

Pele had a shocker, Meite and Yiadom are massively overrated, Moore can just oxf*rd off, Baldock will never score enough and too many show ponys in midfield as said before. The players need to have a long look at a replay of tonight. Abysmal

Jinx

by Jinx » 26 Feb 2020 22:14

A lot of anti-Bowen stuff here but it;s not entirely him

Strange selections aside, I expect 11 "professional" footballers to do better than that. There is a lack of basic skills, lack of decision making and a lack of effort.

Pele had a shocker, Meite and Yiadom are massively overrated, Moore can just oxf*rd off, Baldock will never score enough and too many show ponys in midfield as said before. The players need to have a long look at a replay of tonight. Abysmal

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Feb 2020 22:14

Old Man Andrews
Zip
leon
Drop Ejaria and play Rinomhota. The new lad looks far too lightweight.

I was very dubious about the signing of Araruna. Looks like another in a long line of poor, ill thought out signings.

You think anyone thought about it?

I suspect not.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 26 Feb 2020 22:16

Positive goal difference has now disappeared too (currently 41 for and 41 against)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Feb 2020 22:17

JimmytheJim We have some quality players but we can all see painfully clearly how badly imbalanced this squad is.

We don't have any direct attacking players, we lack pace, and we lack power.

In the right team, someone like Ejaria could be Championship player of the season. At the moment, though, he and the other creative players are being allowed to play pedestrian football, producing minimal chances and rarely threatening the opposition goal.

Recruitment in the summer is crucial. Either we bring in quality wingers who can hurt the opposition, or we face another season of slow, predictable build-up play, with flashes of brilliance and long periods of gloom.

Yep agree with this and been saying for a long time we need pace and we need wingers
We piddle around with the ball allowing the opposition to regroup.
This has to be the priority in the summer.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Feb 2020 22:20

Zip
Elm Park Kid Extremely disappointing to see us go backwards. Thought we played some decent football against Leeds and was expecting tonight to be a fairly straight-forward win. Though Miazga and Obita being out weakens us quiet a bit.

I still think Miazga is our best centre back. We need him in for Morrison. Miazga and Moore played well in a back four last season.
Rinomhota needs to start alongside Pelé and Swift. Ejaria on the bench.

This duo also concede plenty of goals, they're not a great partnership themselves

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Feb 2020 22:22

URZZZZ
Zip
Elm Park Kid Extremely disappointing to see us go backwards. Thought we played some decent football against Leeds and was expecting tonight to be a fairly straight-forward win. Though Miazga and Obita being out weakens us quiet a bit.

I still think Miazga is our best centre back. We need him in for Morrison. Miazga and Moore played well in a back four last season.

This duo also concede plenty of goals, they're not a great partnership themselves

In fairness they haven’t played together as a partnership this season but our record with them at the back last season was decent. I really don’t rate Morrison. He makes me nervous every time he’s on the ball.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Feb 2020 22:26

Zip
URZZZZ
Zip

In fairness they haven’t played together as a partnership this season but our record with them at the back last season was decent. I really don’t rate Morrison. He makes me nervous every time he’s on the ball.

Reading 1-3 Sheffield Wednesday
Hull 2-1 Reading
Both this season

As a duo, they're too inconsistent. Morrison is the best defender of the three but for some reason, we ask him to distribute from the back when he clearly looks uncomfortable on the ball

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Feb 2020 22:29

URZZZZ
Zip
URZZZZ

Hull 2-1 Reading
Both this season

As a duo, they're too inconsistent. Morrison is the best defender of the three but for some reason, we ask him to distribute from the back when he clearly looks uncomfortable on the ball

Ok fair point about those two games. I was on holiday for the Wednesday game!
I rate Miazga. I feel we are more solid with him in the side.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Feb 2020 22:43

Zip
URZZZZ
Zip

Hull 2-1 Reading
Both this season

The problems are deeper than the CB's I think. Defending starts from the front and when you put no pressure on their players, they can move it around with ease, get into crossing positions and constantly put our defence into trouble

Compare the pressing of our players and theirs. They were like a swarm of bees around Pele, Yiadom etc when they had the ball. Whenever the opponents have the ball, ours just walk around the pitch aimlessly. We're so slow and lethargic on and off the ball

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Feb 2020 22:48

URZZZZ
Zip
URZZZZ
Hull 2-1 Reading
Both this season

The problems are deeper than the CB's I think. Defending starts from the front and when you put no pressure on their players, they can move it around with ease, get into crossing positions and constantly put our defence into trouble

Compare the pressing of our players and theirs. They were like a swarm of bees around Pele, Yiadom etc when they had the ball. Whenever the opponents have the ball, ours just walk around the pitch aimlessly. We're so slow and lethargic on and off the ball

Oh fully agreed. We see the opposition close us down time and time again, Yet we don’t do the same, It’s totally unacceptable. Yet it’s so bloody obvious. So why are we not doing the same? We have been very poor for five of the past six seasons. It’s difficult to see it changing.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 26 Feb 2020 23:01

You would hope that would teach Bowen not to drop Rino again...the bloke should be starting every game

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Feb 2020 23:07

Zip
URZZZZ
Zip

Oh fully agreed. We see the opposition close us down time and time again, Yet we don’t do the same, It’s totally unacceptable. Yet it’s so bloody obvious. So why are we not doing the same? We have been very poor for five of the past six seasons. It’s difficult to see it changing.

We don't do the same because the shape of the team is all wrong. Wide players are too far tucked in, always gives the opposition that outlet either side on the flanks. Using a flat condensed press doesn't work. It's what you get to be fair, when your manager doesn't sign/play wingers

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 26 Feb 2020 23:08

#boycottBarnsley

scumbag

by scumbag » 26 Feb 2020 23:12

Ascotexgunner Lots of anger in 1871.
Chants of "your getting sacked in the morning",""we're f*king sh+t " and "going down with the Wigan"
were ringing out.

What is the point of these virgins?
Starting off spouting about getting behind the team and creating a positive atmosphere.
Well they've now successfully destroyed the east stand and in turn home crowds and created a toxic atmosphere.
Congratulations you tossers.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 27 Feb 2020 06:38

scumbag
Chants of "your getting sacked in the morning",""we're f*king sh+t " and "going down with the Wigan"
were ringing out.

Starting off spouting about getting behind the team and creating a positive atmosphere.
Well they've now successfully destroyed the east stand and in turn home crowds and created a toxic atmosphere.

+1. Full of spotty 16 year old in Chinese stone island wear and a twat of a leader who abuses people on twitter.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Feb 2020 08:18

scumbag
were ringing out.

This is what they call supporting the team? Twats. I can’t ever recall a manager with the results record Bowen has had to date receiving the level of vitriol and impatience he is getting.
Stam was still our manager two years ago. Bowen was our fourth manager in 18 months. We used to laugh at other teams changing their manager every five minutes. Now that’s precisely what some of our own support demand every time we get a bad result.

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 27 Feb 2020 08:41

I think you missed the word “away” out when you talk about Bowen’s results records in such a positive manner.

Couldn’t agree more about C1871 not covering themselves in glory last night, although it was a tough ask after our worst home performance in 2 years since Ipswich.

However, Bowen’s home record is absolute abysmal, and let’s face facts, on the whole, it’s your home results that make or your break you. Past 3 months, P11 W2 D4 L5, that’s is poor by anyone’s standards and is starting to be Reflected in dwindling gates / interest etc. He simply has to find a formula to turn our home record round.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Feb 2020 08:43

bloody Volvo driver I think you missed the word “away” out when you talk about Bowen’s results records in such a positive manner.

Couldn’t agree more about C1871 not covering themselves in glory last night, although it was a tough ask after our worst home performance in 2 years since Ipswich.

However, Bowen’s home record is absolute abysmal, and let’s face facts, on the whole, it’s your home results that make or your break you. Past 3 months, P11 W2 D4 L5, that’s is poor by anyone’s standards and is starting to be Reflected in dwindling gates / interest etc. He simply has to find a formula to turn our home record round.

He has totally failed to find a way of playing at home but he has to be judged on his entire record

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Feb 2020 08:53

Zip
bloody Volvo driver I think you missed the word “away” out when you talk about Bowen’s results records in such a positive manner.

He has totally failed to find a way of playing at home but he has to be judged on his entire record

yep

We've been diabolical at home for ages, bar the Stam season. There's more to it than Bowen being incompetent

285 posts