MATCHWATCH : Barnsley (h) sponsored by hopeless at home

212 posts
KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Barnsley (h) sponsored by hopeless at home

by KC Royal » 01 Mar 2020 14:49

Could see us playing 5-3-2 on Tuesday which would solve the selection dilemma but it depends on Miazga's recovery. He said on BBC Berks after the game that he's not 100% fit yet.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Mar 2020 15:45

Apparently his ankle was heavily strapped.

tbh, I've become less impressed with Morrison over the course of the season. Still a good player, and a good signing, but I do think next year we should be looking to McIntyre to start over him

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 01 Mar 2020 15:58

Hound Apparently his ankle was heavily strapped.

tbh, I've become less impressed with Morrison over the course of the season. Still a good player, and a good signing, but I do think next year we should be looking to McIntyre to start over him

It's a good job Miazga could play as JLow said that Blackett was also ill too.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 01 Mar 2020 15:58

Morrison is a leader at the back though. We don't have many of them. Moore is not as good at organizing the defence

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Mar 2020 20:46

KC Royal
Hound Apparently his ankle was heavily strapped.

It's a good job Miazga could play as JLow said that Blackett was also ill too.

crossover to coronavirus thread ?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Mar 2020 00:06

WestYorksRoyal Morrison is a leader at the back though. We don't have many of them. Moore is not as good at organizing the defence

Miazga was also giving it some during the game. I really like him he’s got all the right attributes. We ought to try and buy him and build the defence around him.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Mar 2020 05:07

WestYorksRoyal Morrison is a leader at the back though. We don't have many of them. Moore is not as good at organizing the defence

I like Moore but I think this summer might be a good time for us to part ways providing we can get a decent ish fee for him

Reckon McIntyre can be a real no nonsense solid CB and reckon he’ll be more than a 4th choice next season. As an added bonus, I always like a right footed left footed partnership at the back, helps to move the ball on a bit quicker when playing from the back

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Mar 2020 07:16

URZZZZ

I like Moore but I think this summer might be a good time for us to part ways providing we can get a decent ish fee for him

Reckon McIntyre can be a real no nonsense solid CB and reckon he’ll be more than a 4th choice next season. As an added bonus, I always like a right footed left footed partnership at the back, helps to move the ball on a bit quicker when playing from the back

I've also wondered this. At the same time, if we're trying to move away from constant turnover to stability, selling a big player and key personality from the last few years doesn't make sense. It's games like Wigan that make me wonder. We've seen those sort of poor performances under Stam, Clement, Gomes and Bowen; makes you question the key players who have been involved throughout

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 02 Mar 2020 08:29

leon

Miazga was also giving it some during the game. I really like him he’s got all the right attributes. We ought to try and buy him and build the defence around him.

'greed. He's still got one mistake a game in him but in Centre Half terms he's still fairly young.

He's got a little bit of nastiness in him too that we miss when he doesn't play.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 08:33

Vision
leon

'greed. He's still got one mistake a game in him but in Centre Half terms he's still fairly young.

He's got a little bit of nastiness in him too that we miss when he doesn't play.

Great post as always Vision. Brilliant stuff.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Mar 2020 09:19

Vision
leon

I'd say Miazga 'leads' more than Morrison

Hopefully he can stay fit for the rest of the season now. Reckon theres a fair chance had they both managed to stay fit for me than 3 games at a time, we'd have Miazga and McIntyre at the back now

listening to the Miazga interview, interesting he said he was asked on Thursday by Bowen if he was fit to go. I've little doubt one of the other 2 would have been dropped for him had they both been fit

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Mar 2020 10:08

As good as Miazga is, he must surely be miles away from playing for Chelsea? I'm hopeful his fitness issues this season may have taken him off the radar for lower PL or top end Championship clubs, allowing us to come through the middle. Chelsea held out for £8m on Kalas; I'd expect similar for Miazga which may price us out.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Mar 2020 10:12

WestYorksRoyal As good as Miazga is, he must surely be miles away from playing for Chelsea? I'm hopeful his fitness issues this season may have taken him off the radar for lower PL or top end Championship clubs, allowing us to come through the middle. Chelsea held out for £8m on Kalas; I'd expect similar for Miazga which may price us out.

Chelsea are fantastic at squeezing every last bit of profit out of player sales. Whatever they spent on him, you can guarentee they'll sell him for more.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 10:16

NewCorkSeth
WestYorksRoyal As good as Miazga is, he must surely be miles away from playing for Chelsea? I'm hopeful his fitness issues this season may have taken him off the radar for lower PL or top end Championship clubs, allowing us to come through the middle. Chelsea held out for £8m on Kalas; I'd expect similar for Miazga which may price us out.

Chelsea are fantastic at squeezing every last bit of profit out of player sales. Whatever they spent on him, you can guarentee they'll sell him for more.

If we could sell Moore for £10m and get Miazga for £8m I'd be over the moon.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Mar 2020 10:17

id be amazed if we were able to get any more than 5m for Moore now tbh. His stock has definitely fallen

Dave the rave

by Dave the rave » 02 Mar 2020 10:18

The moment you've all been waiting for has arrived and this week's i winner is Hound (second time?) with this gem....

Hound Bowen has to make changes for this. I’m really starting to dislike the Moore/Morrison pairing and surprised more people haven’t mentioned it. Cannot keep a clean sheet and constantly out battled. Would be much happier with Miazga

Do you have a crystal ball?

Thought I'd put up the whole page today so we can see a snapshot of other team forums.

https://imgur.com/CJcEB58

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 10:19

Hound id be amazed if we were able to get any more than 5m for Moore now tbh. His stock has definitely fallen

Think you might get £10m including add ons if he went to a promotion chasing Championship team. Would agree £5m would be about right for a straight transfer deal.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Mar 2020 10:23

Old Man Andrews
Hound id be amazed if we were able to get any more than 5m for Moore now tbh. His stock has definitely fallen

Think you might get £10m including add ons if he went to a promotion chasing Championship team. Would agree £5m would be about right for a straight transfer deal.

Struggle to see potential suitors at the moment. On paper this team looked good and you can be damn sure other managers/scouts have noticed his drop off. He has had bright patches and on the whole our defending has been fine but cant see any championship side paying 5 million for him.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Mar 2020 10:26

Moore looked great when he joined, but he hasn't really kicked on at an age (23 - 26) you'd expect him to. He's a good Championship defender, but not PL level. Certainly worth less than he would have been a couple of years ago.

Edit: I'd still say he's our best post-Madejski signing given the low fee and his contribution to club to date. I'm sure plenty will agree with me.
Last edited by WestYorksRoyal on 02 Mar 2020 10:33, edited 2 times in total.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Mar 2020 10:26

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

Struggle to see potential suitors at the moment. On paper this team looked good and you can be damn sure other managers/scouts have noticed his drop off. He has had bright patches and on the whole our defending has been fine but cant see any championship side paying 5 million for him.

Could easily see him at any of the current top 6. I think he would look great in a confident side surrounded by decent players. Not sure he can handle the responsibility of captaining a struggling side and feeling all the weight on his shoulders.

212 posts