MATCHWATCH : Barnsley (h) sponsored by hopeless at home

212 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Barnsley (h) sponsored by hopeless at home

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Feb 2020 10:16

Westwood52 Another biggest game of the season.

No.

The biggest game of the season is on Tuesday in the cup. We should be resting our entire first team tomorrow.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Feb 2020 10:21

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Feb 2020 10:23

Hendo

Im not trolling anyone, grow up a bit Hendo. You're really embarrassing yourself m8.

We have nothing else to play for this season other than the cup. A home 5th round tie against a Premier League side represents our biggest game of the season so far.

yuomi

by yuomi » 28 Feb 2020 10:33

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Im not trolling anyone, grow up a bit Hendo. You're really embarrassing yourself m8.

We have nothing else to play for this season other than the cup. A home 5th round tie against a Premier League side represents our biggest game of the season so far.

We're 5 points above the relegation zone with 1 win in 10 in the league and playing a team IN the relegation zone who have won their last 3 games, including 2 away from home.

We are playing for Championship survival.

I personally don't think we'll get relegated, but the idea that we should prioritise the FA Cup before we've guaranteed our safety when we've got the worst form in the division is, typically for you, asinine.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Feb 2020 10:34

We are 100% safe.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Feb 2020 10:41

Old Man Andrews

No.

The biggest game of the season is on Tuesday in the cup. We should be resting our entire first team tomorrow.

The entire first team took the day off on Wednesday, they don't need another rest

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Feb 2020 10:45

Hound
Old Man Andrews

No.

The entire first team took the day off on Wednesday, they don't need another rest

Now this is a fair point!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Feb 2020 10:57

Old Man Andrews We are 100% safe.

We aren't going to get relegated because there are 5 teams between us and the drop zone. I said this during the end of Stam's tenure and was slated by 99% of this board, but that's clearly because they don't understand football. For 5 teams below us to go on a good enough run requires us to lose every game and them to win most of theirs - it simply won't happen. The players know this and Wednesday night was a reflection of that mentality.

What we are experiencing here is McDermott II allover again so we either trust the manager and give him the summer to rebuild or make another knee-jerk reaction and get in someone equally poor.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 28 Feb 2020 11:47

Old Man Andrews

No.

:roll:

No it really is not.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Feb 2020 11:49

Still replying directly when he knows I am never going to read it and has been warned not to......

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 28 Feb 2020 12:38

Is that you Mr Bowen?
:o

yuomi

by yuomi » 28 Feb 2020 12:45

John Smith

We aren't going to get relegated because there are 5 teams between us and the drop zone. I said this during the end of Stam's tenure and was slated by 99% of this board, but that's clearly because they don't understand football. For 5 teams below us to go on a good enough run requires us to lose every game and them to win most of theirs - it simply won't happen. The players know this and Wednesday night was a reflection of that mentality.

What we are experiencing here is McDermott II allover again so we either trust the manager and give him the summer to rebuild or make another knee-jerk reaction and get in someone equally poor.

We've still got to play 4 of those 5 teams between us and the relegation zone, plus 2 of bottom 3 - the other of which just battered us at home. After Wednesday, everyone is going to be rubbing their hands at the prospect of playing us.

It's not likely that we'll go down, but with still 33 points up for grabs we are by no means safe.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Feb 2020 12:54

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Approximately how often do you intend to shout this exact same thing into the void the second anyone posts an opinion even vaguely different this season?

Do you think you can make triple figures? I reckon you must be at around 20 or 30 already.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Feb 2020 13:01

Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Approximately how often do you intend to shout this exact same thing into the void the second anyone posts an opinion even vaguely different this season?

Do you think you can make triple figures? I reckon you must be at around 20 or 30 already.

I am entitled to the opinion the FA Cup is important.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 28 Feb 2020 13:03

The Teams attitude on Saturday,is going to be indicative of their and Bowen’s professionalism.The Reading way over the past three seasons has been to freeze like rabbits in the headlights.After this Wednesday,they need to come out blazing.If Barnsley score first so be it,just go for it and get it back.

If there is any repeat of this Wednesdays gutless negative performance,they can go to hell.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Feb 2020 13:05

Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal
Old Man Andrews Im not trolling anyone, grow up a bit Hendo. You're really embarrassing yourself m8.

I am entitled to the opinion the FA Cup is important.

It's just different to the usual slog of the league, where we play poorly for 75% of the games but survive each year based off a couple of purple patches

Plus, we'll get the privelege of seeing world class players again like Norwood

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 28 Feb 2020 13:22

I trust everyone who thinks we're going down is all over the 80/1 on offer for that to happen? Free money surely?

yuomi

by yuomi » 28 Feb 2020 13:28

Silver Fox I trust everyone who thinks we're going down is all over the 80/1 on offer for that to happen? Free money surely?

As of 2 minutes ago on oddschecker it's between 16/1 (BetVictor) and 25/1 (Bet365) so still not likely, but >50% more likely than last time you checked* and clearly there's been a fair bit of money since Wednesday.

(*according to the bookies)

edit - i'm terrible at maths :oops:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 28 Feb 2020 13:37

You're right, it was 80/1 in the pub on Wednesday, I'll still take 12th favourites as a good indicator

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 28 Feb 2020 17:49

Simmops
Old Man Andrews
Royality creeps In
Says the super Reading fan who apparently hasn’t missed a home game for donkeys years :roll:

Exactly, that's how bad it is.

Grow up.

It doesn't matter how bad it is or gets, if you are a real fan unlike you or me, you would go regardless.

I for one am going to watch my new team, Haywards Heath town.

What’s the “for one” bit?

212 posts