BFT well I don’t know what to call it without resorting to a lot of naughty words

152 posts
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFT well I don’t know what to call it without resorting to a lot of naughty words

by PieEater » 26 Feb 2020 23:02

We were a shambles

If ever there was a performance to get rid of a manager this was it. We were totally outplayed.

I left long before the third goal. We have the worst home record in the league.

Roll on, or roll over for Barnsley.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFT well I don’t know what to call it without resorting to a lot of naughty words

by Westwood52 » 26 Feb 2020 23:02

I have never come away from a game so angry with the level of performance.It was ironic that a picture of Jimmy Wheeler was flashed up on the screen.A third division player at best,but he just would never have accepted that Level of performance.Maybe I will cool down by tomorrow;but Olise apart the lack of application was totally unacceptable.The individual performances can be categorised into different categories.

Four players were seriously sh**e;I am not sure who was the worst out of these four:Baldock,Swift,Ejaria and Morrison.

You then have the embarrassing category:Richards,Adam,Moore and Aruna

Disinterested:Meite and Yiadom.

Bad day at the office:Rafael and Pele.

I don’t know about getting a reaction on Saturday;the players owe us the fans for the rest of the season.But do they even care?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 26 Feb 2020 23:08

Wish we had a big mobile c*nt like they had up front (no19 Moore) who puts himself about, instead of the headless midgets we play.
Last edited by Ascotexgunner on 26 Feb 2020 23:10, edited 1 time in total.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 26 Feb 2020 23:10

#boycottBarnsley

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 26 Feb 2020 23:16

I took a picture of the west stand, pretty sparsely populated. This is what we've become with this abject home form.

Last edited by PieEater on 26 Feb 2020 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Feb 2020 23:16

Ascotexgunner Wish we had a big mobile c*nt like they had up front (no19 Moore) who puts himself about, instead of the headless midgets we play.

Not sure what you're on about to be honest

It's not as if the last time we had a striker good in the air with two direct natural wingers we came two kicks away from the Premier League. Oh...

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Feb 2020 23:18

Ascotexgunner Wish we had a big mobile c*nt like they had up front (no19 Moore) who puts himself about, instead of the headless midgets we play.

Me too
Fed up of watching slow passing and no end product. Albeit from a team of pretty skilful players
Time for a more typical championship side with energy and brute force and a big target man.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Feb 2020 23:20

Is there a worse team in the entire country for throw ins? We just stand there watching, no movement whatsoever.

yuomi

by yuomi » 26 Feb 2020 23:21

sandman Is there a worse team in the entire country for throw ins? We just stand there watching, no movement whatsoever.

tbf this is not just restricted to when we have throw ins

Bigtimmeh

by Bigtimmeh » 26 Feb 2020 23:22

WoodleyRoyal
genome Bowen throwing the players under the bus in the interview here... perhaps rightly so, but he's not accepted responsibility

Hes been very prickly

Yes, prickly is the word for it. Too defensive over puscas too - I would have liked to have seen them ask him why Adam not rhino as well. He was short tempered and snapped back a few times, particularly when asked about his own development as a manager (thought he went a bit too grumpy there), but at least we can see he cares!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 26 Feb 2020 23:22

yuomi
sandman Is there a worse team in the entire country for throw ins? We just stand there watching, no movement whatsoever.

tbf this is not just restricted to when we have throw ins

True

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Feb 2020 23:25

If there was ever a performance to analyse players characters and ability that was it. Just didn't turn up.

How can an 18 year looked so much better than a group of experienced pros?

Somebody seriously needs to get a grip of our transfer policy. January appears to have been another wasted opportunity.
Last edited by Lower West on 26 Feb 2020 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

JR

by JR » 26 Feb 2020 23:27

Form dipped ever since we started making 11 changes for FA Cup games.

We were building some great momentum and have blown it. Gentle tinkering was all that was required.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Feb 2020 23:28

I'm not even mad, it got so shambolic I was just laughing at the end.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Feb 2020 23:49

JR Form dipped ever since we started making 11 changes for FA Cup games.

We were building some great momentum and have blown it. Gentle tinkering was all that was required.

Injuries plus Blackett wanting to leave have contributed to the downturn.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Feb 2020 00:03

Yep saw this at the time and was going mental. Disgraceful.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 27 Feb 2020 00:13

My general thoughts/observations:

1) Bowen: “McCleary is a similar player to Araruna and I wanted him to get baptised in championship football” or something like that. But... Araruna is a defensive midfielder who has played right back. How the hell does he think they’re similar?

2) I love Liam Moore, but he’s now captained some seriously shit Reading sides. His lack of effort for the 3rd goal says more to me about his character than his excellent (really excellent!) podcast interviews. Is he in fact part of the problem?!

3) Timbe was on the bench. Why bother MB? You’re 1-0 down and can make a substitution which might change the game. But no, let’s persist with a 4-4-2 winger-less formation...

4) Lucas Joao isn’t that good; he’s notoriously unreliable, yet we continue to be clueless in how to play without him.

5) Ejaria is not a winger.

6) Morrison is not a ball-playing play-making centre half.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Feb 2020 00:16

leon

I've not seen defending like that since the 0-4 defeat to Ipswich a few years ago. That's our captain, the player who should care more than anyone. If that's how little he gives a toss then we are well and truly screwed.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Feb 2020 00:24

Old Man Andrews
leon

I've not seen defending like that since the 0-4 defeat to Ipswich a few years ago. That's our captain, the player who should care more than anyone. If that's how little he gives a toss then we are well and truly screwed.

Just the epitome of our squad

Walk round the pitch, no passion, no urgency, yet happy to give the usual soundbites after the game

A big restructure, once again, is needed. Getting tired of the same thing happening season after season

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 27 Feb 2020 00:27

Now I remember why I did not renew my season ticket this time around - utter shambles, it was like none of them had ever played together. Ejaria was awful and totally agree with those suggesting we cannot play him and Swift together - Adam looked like he was playing for a pub team when he came on, which on the face of it sums things up nicely. Wild horses will not drag me back to the Madstad this season - have a ticket for Tuesday but will be going down the pub to watch Liverpool and Chelsea instead... :evil:

152 posts