Biggest Reading FC injustices

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Biggest Reading FC injustices

by Nameless » 23 May 2020 18:31

Franchise FC
Nameless
Sutekh
And to double the injustice the club then didn’t bother appealing it meaning Gareth Davies, the actual offender, didn’t receive the subsequent suspension.

There’s also that Hull goal in January 2012 when the Hull striker goes charging though on to a pass from a clearly offside position showing intent to play the ball, so Feds has to come out to set himself up to narrow the angle, only for the striker to suddenly veer off leaving Robbie Brady (I think) who had run through from an onside position a clear shot at goal.

Talking of the Carlo Nash incident there’s also incidents with Paul Futcher, Tyrone Mings and Richard Carpenter - no doubt there may well be a Reading player or two who got a little carried away in their time as well.

You’ll be referring to the cynical assaults perpetrated by Hunt and Sonko ?

Only one of them was cynical (allegedly)

Fair point. Sonko being Sonko had a big grin on his face I recall !
Bizarrely I had no idea of the shenanigans as I didn’t get into the stadium until close to the end and was extremely confused to see John Terry in goal

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Regular

by Franchise FC » 23 May 2020 18:38

Superman always had a big grin on his face

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 23 May 2020 19:28

Ron Futcher not being done for GBH after shattering Martin Hick's jaw into a hundred pieces.

Zip
Hob Nob Addict

by Zip » 23 May 2020 20:06

SCIAG I remember being outraged at the Nash challenge, I think his legs going up in the air after the collision made it look worse than it was.

Slightly different but a few years ago we put the ball out for an injury against Sheffield United. They played it back to us tamely, but Billy Sharp nipped in and scored. Within the letters of the law but incredibly unsporting.

That Sharp goal was on the coldest night I have ever watched a game. I thought it was deliberate. The ball was crossed over and Sharp buried it.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 24 May 2020 10:05

Two spring to mind at the start of the 12/13 season.

1. Torres’ offside goal in the Chelsea game. In a game that showed us maintaining our positive momentum from the previous season, we more than held our own against the European Champions. With ten minutes to go a clearly offside Torres puts them in front and the goal is allowed to stand. After the game, McDermott is told that if his players had protested more the goal would’ve probably been disallowed - where’s the justice in that.

2. Sunderland match postponed. Not a referee injustice, but more injustice due to the ineptitude of Sunderland as a club. They had a concert on the pitch in the weeks prior to the game, and clearly had cut corners in trying to get the pitch ready. No match should ever been called off for a waterlogged pitch in August, and if it was I would expect to seen an Ark parked up outside the ground. Instead of going into the game in positive form/frame of mind after a superb performance at Chelsea, we end up having to trudge up to the North East at the start of December and duly get dispatched.

We were clearly well off the pace in 12/13, but had we started the season well we may have had a much better chance at staying up. Getting no points from the above two games and then having to wait 3 and a half weeks for our next game absolutely killed all the positive momentum that we needed to capitalise on.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 24 May 2020 10:07

Zip
SCIAG I remember being outraged at the Nash challenge, I think his legs going up in the air after the collision made it look worse than it was.

Slightly different but a few years ago we put the ball out for an injury against Sheffield United. They played it back to us tamely, but Billy Sharp nipped in and scored. Within the letters of the law but incredibly unsporting.

That Sharp goal was on the coldest night I have ever watched a game. I thought it was deliberate. The ball was crossed over and Sharp buried it.

It was a combination of both really, very poor form from Sheff Utd. To add to things, Chris Wilders reaction to the Reading bench was appalling when our staff aired their grievance. Absolute lack of humility from him, and I haven’t been able to stand him since. The sooner the Sheff Utd bubble bursts the better.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by URZZZZZZZZ » 24 May 2020 10:16

Also, I can’t believe York in the FA Cup hasn’t been mentioned yet :shock:

Zip
Hob Nob Addict

by Zip » 24 May 2020 10:30

URZZZZZZZZ
Zip

It was a combination of both really, very poor form from Sheff Utd. To add to things, Chris Wilders reaction to the Reading bench was appalling when our staff aired their grievance. Absolute lack of humility from him, and I haven’t been able to stand him since. The sooner the Sheff Utd bubble bursts the better.

Amen to all of that. We were fuming at the time.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 24 May 2020 10:51

What about the abandonedFA Cup gameagainst Bury where we were 2-0 down and on our way out .
IIRC. Didn’t they present us with some forks afterwards as we had been unable to locate any to help drain the pitch...

South Coast Royal

by South Coast Royal » 24 May 2020 12:04

Er...memory playing tricks. :oops: (excuse is that I have a lot of seasons to remember :wink: ).

The injustice that season was, as others have mentioned, that Middlesbrough game afterwards.

The shame was,as with the Simod Cup season, we did well in a Cup competition but still got relegated.