https://t.co/dE7RGJGnDh?amp=1

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Championship to return

by Stranded » 04 Jun 2020 08:27

royalp-we 9 games in 32 days + Playoffs :twisted:

https://t.co/dE7RGJGnDh?amp=1

Interesting* that the plan is for the final round of games to be midweek. Clearly hoping that something still has to be decided so going for "prime time" when I imagine there will be little to no PL games on.

cp

by cp » 04 Jun 2020 10:55

With free viewing available for Premier League games any news on anything similar for the Championship matches?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 04 Jun 2020 11:52

cp With free viewing available for Premier League games any news on anything similar for the Championship matches?

Won't happen. Unless C4 or C5 ask. Likely to continue on Sky unfortunately. One of the biggest hurdles is Sky want their money back off the PL which means clubs having to give some of it back. If EFL clubs have to do that for the pathetic amount given by Sky, it will hurt, especially looking at the state of some of them.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 04 Jun 2020 12:20

Current plan is for Sky to continue with plans to broadcast the contracted number of Championship matches (and indeed those games that were already picked for coverage remain so) - only change is that internal club coverage (like MUTV for example), which is normally asked to stand down for Sky games, will be allowed to continue as part of packages that will enable season ticket holders to watch home games for free.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Jun 2020 14:24

Sanguine Current plan is for Sky to continue with plans to broadcast the contracted number of Championship matches (and indeed those games that were already picked for coverage remain so) - only change is that internal club coverage (like MUTV for example), which is normally asked to stand down for Sky games, will be allowed to continue as part of packages that will enable season ticket holders to watch home games for free.

So would be streamed directly through readingfc.co.uk then? That’ll be an interesting challenge esp. if they try to link it to the BBC Berks commentary from Tim, Mick and Ady!

secks

by secks » 04 Jun 2020 18:23

Sutekh
Sanguine Current plan is for Sky to continue with plans to broadcast the contracted number of Championship matches (and indeed those games that were already picked for coverage remain so) - only change is that internal club coverage (like MUTV for example), which is normally asked to stand down for Sky games, will be allowed to continue as part of packages that will enable season ticket holders to watch home games for free.

So would be streamed directly through readingfc.co.uk then? That’ll be an interesting challenge esp. if they try to link it to the BBC Berks commentary from Tim, Mick and Ady!

Isn't that what happens already with iFollow for those outside the UK? They'd just lift the restrictions.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Jun 2020 21:05

secks
Sutekh

Isn't that what happens already with iFollow for those outside the UK? They'd just lift the restrictions.

Happens in the UK for midweek games already so will just follow that model.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Jun 2020 11:35

Really stressful over here not had much time to keep on track with developments so excuse the Qs: these games presumably behind closed doors? And if so will I be able to pay to watch them live in the UK?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Jun 2020 13:33

2 world wars, 1 world cup Really stressful over here not had much time to keep on track with developments so excuse the Qs: these games presumably behind closed doors? And if so will I be able to pay to watch them live in the UK?

Yes they will be behind closed doors and it appears that the remaining games may well be streamed live and free via the RFC website, no doubt that it will be confirmed one way or another in the next couple of weeks.

Question. Sky have an agreement to show x number of FL Championship games live during the season so are they still selecting games to show as part of that agreement and if so would that mean that those games then become unavailable in the UK as free to air on a tv medium? I presume that is the case for the PL games that are not free to air. In which case it seems unfair to season ticket holders at some clubs.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jun 2020 16:58

dunno if posted elsewhere but Talk Reading twitter reckons all games will be free on ifollow for season ticket holders

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 05 Jun 2020 18:26

Season ticket holders to get ifollow access at no additional cost.

£10 per game for everyone else..

Hopefully they'll offer some bundles...

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2020/j ... A5rg6SDZC0

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 05 Jun 2020 20:47

is it too late to buy a half season ticket?

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 05 Jun 2020 22:24

That’s £90 to watch all the games then - could be an expensive few months for me!

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 06 Jun 2020 06:48

One Beer is never enough. Season ticket holders to get ifollow access at no additional cost.

Thats a bit of a oxf*rd joke to be honest. People are going through financial hardships and out of work. I can't afford to pay 10 pound to watch it. I'll have to pirate a stream.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 06 Jun 2020 06:51

Notts Royal That’s £90 to watch all the games then - could be an expensive few months for me!

You don't have to watch them all. Just go on cricfree or myp2p and there will be a stream.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Jun 2020 12:56

Sutekh
2 world wars, 1 world cup Really stressful over here not had much time to keep on track with developments so excuse the Qs: these games presumably behind closed doors? And if so will I be able to pay to watch them live in the UK?

Yes they will be behind closed doors and it appears that the remaining games may well be streamed live and free via the RFC website, no doubt that it will be confirmed one way or another in the next couple of weeks.

Question. Sky have an agreement to show x number of FL Championship games live during the season so are they still selecting games to show as part of that agreement and if so would that mean that those games then become unavailable in the UK as free to air on a tv medium? I presume that is the case for the PL games that are not free to air. In which case it seems unfair to season ticket holders at some clubs.

Many thanks Sutekh.

So with 14days to go there's still no clarity. A bit strange, but I guess this is unprecedented. I'd gladly pay £10 or more to watch a game live remotely.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jun 2020 14:26

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Sutekh

Many thanks Sutekh.

So with 14days to go there's still no clarity. A bit strange, but I guess this is unprecedented. I'd gladly pay £10 or more to watch a game live remotely.

A little bit more clarity already.

1. 30 of the remaining 108 Championship games will be televised on Sky as part of their existing agreement, believe those fixtures will be revealed by 10th June (and as Leeds don’t have 30 games left there’s a chance Reading might be one of them).
  2. Season ticket holders will be able to stream home games through ifollow without charge (unsure whether you have to sign up to ifollow or just the club’s website to do that though).
  3. Non season ticket holders will be charged £10 per game if they want to watch games via ifollow. If you are already subscribed to the full ifollow service then presumably it should just be business as usual for you.
  4. All play off games (presuming they do go ahead) for all divisions will be live as per usual.
  5. League games will be scheduled to be played on Fridays (at 6pm and 8pm), Saturdays (at 12.30pm, 3pm and 5.30pm), Sundays (at 12 noon), Tuesdays and Wednesdays (on both days at 5pm, 6pm and 8pm). Would expect the final set of fixtures for the season to remain kicking off at the same time (least for those clubs with something to play for on the final day).
  6. Fixtures are due to commence on 20 June with the next round on 26/27/28 June. First midweek games are 30 June and 1 July. Season currently slated to end on 22 July.

Out of interest PL clubs are having to “pay back” £330million on their TV deal while Championship clubs have to “pay back” £10million. As I’m not clear on exactly how many league games broadcasters are not able to show I’m unsure whether this is reasonable for a 3 month hiatus.

More details at

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52940391
https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... e-18374172

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Jun 2020 16:08

Simmops
One Beer is never enough. Season ticket holders to get ifollow access at no additional cost.

Thats a bit of a oxf*rd joke to be honest. People are going through financial hardships and out of work. I can't afford to pay 10 pound to watch it. I'll have to pirate a stream.

Its still a darn sight cheaper than going to a game with all the costs incurred, not least the ticket.

You talk of financial hardship but a lot of people (assuming they aren’t redundant already) actually have MORE disposable income because they’re simply not spending as much per week.

Anyway as a STH I welcome this news. #smug

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jun 2020 16:50

CountryRoyal
Simmops

Its still a darn sight cheaper than going to a game with all the costs incurred, not least the ticket.

You talk of financial hardship but a lot of people (assuming they aren’t redundant already) actually have MORE disposable income because they’re simply not spending as much per week.

Anyway as a STH I welcome this news. #smug

Looks like you'll need to PM me charity / bank details for our bet seeing as I won't be able to meet you to hand over and have a pint. And the season will complete. :roll:

Similarly #smug on the free stream front.

235 posts