Hob Nob Legend

Re: Championship to return

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Jun 2020 11:35

Westwood52
URZZZZ
morganb Reading playing a friendly against Chelsea at Cobham today:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 65101.html

Lost 1-0

Aluko, Miazga, Baldock, Swift, Meite, Ejaria, Blackett, Pele, Joao and Morrison all featured

Surprised Blackett got a run out ?

1-0 isn't bad with no keeperx

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Jun 2020 11:41

Westwood52
URZZZZ
morganb Reading playing a friendly against Chelsea at Cobham today:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 65101.html

Lost 1-0

Aluko, Miazga, Baldock, Swift, Meite, Ejaria, Blackett, Pele, Joao and Morrison all featured

Tyler Blackett is our best player. It doesn't surprise me one bit.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 11 Jun 2020 12:22

URZZZZ
Westwood52
URZZZZ
Lost 1-0

Think the aim is just to give as many players a run out as possible to regain some sort of match fitness before next Saturday. If Blackett can contribute for the rest of the season, he can be a useful asset for us although haven't heard anything on the out of contract players yet

Further friendly on Saturday against Spurs lined up

I think its possible the last 3 months have changed a lot including whether players may be more interested in staying as opposed to playing in Turkey or whether clubs will have any money to spend on signing new players.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 11 Jun 2020 12:24

Jagermesiter1871
URZZZZ
Westwood52

Think the aim is just to give as many players a run out as possible to regain some sort of match fitness before next Saturday. If Blackett can contribute for the rest of the season, he can be a useful asset for us although haven't heard anything on the out of contract players yet

Further friendly on Saturday against Spurs lined up

I think its possible the last 3 months have changed a lot including whether players may be more interested in staying as opposed to playing in Turkey or whether clubs will have any money to spend on signing new players.

But for clubs looking to trim wage budgets Out of contract players who aren’t regular starters are the easy ones to say goodbye to. I suspect new contracts may be offered at lower rates than they might have been a few months ago.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Jun 2020 13:53

guessing JLow just got the info on players looking at the pics on the official

also spotted Obita, Gunter, Moore in them

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 11 Jun 2020 15:26

John Smith
Westwood52
URZZZZ
Lost 1-0

Tyler Blackett is our best player. It doesn't surprise me one bit.

No Gunter is our best player.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 12 Jun 2020 09:36

I'd love to say I've missed this schizzle....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jun 2020 14:38

The EP website is reporting crowds could well be allowed back into grounds by September

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... p-18408710

Issue is though is that it’s rumoured that capacity is will be limited to 25% of each stadia so Reading will only be able to let around 3,600 people in (and presumably 10% (approx 360) of that will be allocated to the away supporter).

And the club will have to open all sides of the ground to get that so that means around 1000 only in the East and West with about 600 in both ends.

Wonder if entry will be by season ticket only so the club can organise where everyone is sitting.

This is going to kill lower division clubs as presumably the expenses to open to public on a matchday aren’t going to be all that much less than normal.

Presuming this rumour is based on the current social distancing recommendation of 2 metres. However I rather hope the government will fall in line with the WHO who say 1 metre is perfectly OK as if they don’t not only sporting clubs, will be badly struggling but also theatres, cinemas, restaurants etc.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 12 Jun 2020 15:04

Looks like you've* reduced our capacity by 10,000 there

*you may have got the figures from the E-Po but obvs I can't be arsed to click on the link

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jun 2020 15:07

Sutekh The EP website is reporting crowds could well be allowed back into grounds by September

Issue is though is that it’s rumoured that capacity is will be limited to 25% of each stadia so Reading will only be able to let around 3,600 people in (and presumably 10% (approx 360) of that will be allocated to the away supporter).

And the club will have to open all sides of the ground to get that so that means around 1000 only in the East and West with about 600 in both ends.

Wonder if entry will be by season ticket only so the club can organise where everyone is sitting.

This is going to kill lower division clubs as presumably the expenses to open to public on a matchday aren’t going to be all that much less than normal.

Presuming this rumour is based on the current social distancing recommendation of 2 metres. However I rather hope the government will fall in line with the WHO who say 1 metre is perfectly OK as if they don’t not only sporting clubs, will be badly struggling but also theatres, cinemas, restaurants etc.

A stadium with a 24k capacity would have 6k if capacity reduced to 25%
Probably no away allocation required.
Would seem inevitable tickets would go to STH (of which we had about 11k last year I think). Might not sell just ST as you would exclude 50% of your core support but probably all match tickets would go to STH as first priority.
Making all tickets reserved seating and marking seats to be used would sort spacing but the concourses would be the risk areas.
I recall that it was a cost of something like £20k to put on a match so 6k crowds would pay for themselves but not do much for all the other costs of running a club. But having no fans contributes even less....

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 12 Jun 2020 15:48

Nameless
Notts Royal
Barney With hotels closed until early July, or longer, where will players stay on the eve of away matches ?
eg....our trip to Derby on Sat June 27th with a 1pm kick off.

I think it’s a case of travelling in the coach on the morning of the game. In the Derby example, which isn’t being televised, why is that at 1pm and not later? Surely that will give their players quite an advantage

Presumably clubs will also fly more ? Reading to Middlesboro would be horrendous to do by coach with no overnights. 5 hours then straight into a game then back on the coach for the journey home. Going to skew some games horrendously and affect some clubs much more than others.

I dunno it doesn't sound that bad to me. On the day of the match just leave early - leave at 9 and you're up there for a late lunch. And have a snooze on the coach back and a lie in the next day.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 12 Jun 2020 16:09

Sutekh The EP website is reporting crowds could well be allowed back into grounds by September

Trouble is that SAGE have recently said that halving that distance to 1M increases the risk by a magnitude of somewhere between 2 and 10 times. Perhaps follow the Germans who have done a pretty good job throughout and reduce to 1.5M, I read that only increases the risk by a single figure percentage.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jun 2020 16:39

RoyalBlue

Trouble is that SAGE have recently said that halving that distance to 1M increases the risk by a magnitude of somewhere between 2 and 10 times. Perhaps follow the Germans who have done a pretty good job throughout and reduce to 1.5M, I read that only increases the risk by a single figure percentage.

There are some additionals to take into account - guessing quite a few people are families, hence dont need to social distance if live together. Also likely to be some sort of bubbles by then. Also its outside, so apparently lesser risk of catching it. And could be looked at in local levels of infection.

Think its doable and probably worth pursuing tbh

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jun 2020 16:42

RoyalBlue

You need to know what the risk is though. If the risk is almost negligible small at 1m then increasing it by a factor of 2 or 10 is probably not an issue.
I don’t really understand why we are once again out of line with almost everyone else. We seem e tra cautius on this having beebgung ho on other things...

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jun 2020 16:44

Hound
RoyalBlue

There are some additionals to take into account - guessing quite a few people are families, hence dont need to social distance if live together. Also likely to be some sort of bubbles by then. Also its outside, so apparently lesser risk of catching it. And could be looked at in local levels of infection.

I said a while ago it was doable (and was told I was talking rubbish by our top poster).
It’sworth Investigating for sure. The risk areas are the concourses, not the bowl.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jun 2020 16:51

Nameless I said a while ago it was doable (and was told I was talking rubbish by our top poster).
It’sworth Investigating for sure. The risk areas are the concourses, not the bowl.

yep I agreed with you at the time. there really is very little risk imo. the only place I see any issue is trying to squeeze past someone to get to your seat. Other than that it really shouldn't be a huge problem.

Admittedly its non-essential, but nor is opening up John Lewis

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 12 Jun 2020 16:57

Personally won't be going near any football stadium until there is a vaccine or an effective treatment for Covid.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 12 Jun 2020 18:14

Nameless
Hound
RoyalBlue

I said a while ago it was doable (and was told I was talking rubbish by our top poster).

I said nothing of the sort.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 12 Jun 2020 20:08

Hound
RoyalBlue

It’s not just the bowl they need to think about. The concourse will need to be assessed at every ground. I think we’ll be ok as ours aren’t as enclosed as others when the doors are open. Air changes per hour are going to have to be assessed by building services professionals, with a one-way system, similar to office environments going back to work.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we have some hvac upgrades in these parts of the ground. They are well overdue. A far cry from the smokey concourses when the mad stad opened.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Jun 2020 20:19

royalp-we
Hound
RoyalBlue

It’s not just the bowl they need to think about. The concourse will need to be assessed at every ground. I think we’ll be ok as ours aren’t as enclosed as others when the doors are open. Air changes per hour are going to have to be assessed by building services professionals, with a one-way system, similar to office environments going back to work.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we have some hvac upgrades in these parts of the ground. They are well overdue. A far cry from the smokey concourses when the mad stad opened.

I think it’s simpler than that. You just use the concourses as entry and exit routes, people just walk straight through. Only exception would be use of the toilets but with 1500 people per stand you’d not have much queueing

235 posts