235 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Championship to return

by Nameless » 12 Jun 2020 20:19

Jagermesiter1871
Nameless
Hound
There are some additionals to take into account - guessing quite a few people are families, hence dont need to social distance if live together. Also likely to be some sort of bubbles by then. Also its outside, so apparently lesser risk of catching it. And could be looked at in local levels of infection.

Think its doable and probably worth pursuing tbh

I said a while ago it was doable (and was told I was talking rubbish by our top poster).
It’sworth Investigating for sure. The risk areas are the concourses, not the bowl.

I said nothing of the sort.

:lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Jun 2020 20:21

If we are allowed back then there is no way I will be bussing it from Mereoak. Would rather park at the Stadium especially as there won’t be much match day traffic.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 12 Jun 2020 22:16

Last edited by royalp-we on 12 Jun 2020 23:32, edited 1 time in total.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 12 Jun 2020 23:31

Nameless
royalp-we
Hound
There are some additionals to take into account - guessing quite a few people are families, hence dont need to social distance if live together. Also likely to be some sort of bubbles by then. Also its outside, so apparently lesser risk of catching it. And could be looked at in local levels of infection.

Think its doable and probably worth pursuing tbh

It’s not just the bowl they need to think about. The concourse will need to be assessed at every ground. I think we’ll be ok as ours aren’t as enclosed as others when the doors are open. Air changes per hour are going to have to be assessed by building services professionals, with a one-way system, similar to office environments going back to work.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we have some hvac upgrades in these parts of the ground. They are well overdue. A far cry from the smokey concourses when the mad stad opened.

I think it’s simpler than that. You just use the concourses as entry and exit routes, people just walk straight through. Only exception would be use of the toilets but with 1500 people per stand you’d not have much queueing

So no food / drink on a matchday? I don’t buy that crap, but would it really be worth opening the turnstiles at the madejski for 3000 attendees ticket money alone? That’s £30k to £60k per match. May aswell just take the money for people subscribing to ifollow.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jun 2020 06:16

You can do food as well

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Jun 2020 07:56

royalp-we
Nameless
royalp-we
It’s not just the bowl they need to think about. The concourse will need to be assessed at every ground. I think we’ll be ok as ours aren’t as enclosed as others when the doors are open. Air changes per hour are going to have to be assessed by building services professionals, with a one-way system, similar to office environments going back to work.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we have some hvac upgrades in these parts of the ground. They are well overdue. A far cry from the smokey concourses when the mad stad opened.

I think it’s simpler than that. You just use the concourses as entry and exit routes, people just walk straight through. Only exception would be use of the toilets but with 1500 people per stand you’d not have much queueing

So no food / drink on a matchday? I don’t buy that crap, but would it really be worth opening the turnstiles at the madejski for 3000 attendees ticket money alone? That’s £30k to £60k per match. May aswell just take the money for people subscribing to ifollow.

It’s not 3000 for goodness sake !
6000 @ £15 is £90,000
Oddly football is about more than money. For many watchingonline isn’t any kind of option, I won’t bother, may as well play FIFA (if I knew how).:Finding a way to allow fans in means there is actually a point to playing the games.
You could do food but use outside stalls as in the Fan Zone, avoid creating inside congestion.

Amazing the inability of some to think positively. Must be great spending your life thinking of reasonsnot to do stuff !

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jun 2020 08:34

Saw old Trafford cricket ground were looking into doing this for September games

Interestingly* their capacity is the same as ours

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 13 Jun 2020 08:49

Will all midweek games be shown on the red button?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 13 Jun 2020 10:47

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 68051.html

Apparently the Spurs friendly planned for today is now off

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Jun 2020 13:18

morganb https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-friendly-reading-cancelled-premier-league-restart-a4468051.html

Apparently the Spurs friendly planned for today is now off

Good. Don't want to help that twat out.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Jun 2020 15:00

The salary cap idea is starting to gain some pace. The FL are looking to have a vote on Monday amongst member clubs to reduce the majority needed on passing FFP regulations from 75% of clubs to 67%. If that’s agreed then hopefully the idea stands a much better chance of being accepted though around 16 Championship clubs would still have to be in favour for it to be passed.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 13 Jun 2020 15:12

Sutekh The salary cap idea is starting to gain some pace. The FL are looking to have a vote on Monday amongst member clubs to reduce the majority needed on passing FFP regulations from 75% of clubs to 67%. If that’s agreed then hopefully the idea stands a much better chance of being accepted though around 16 Championship clubs would still have to be in favour for it to be passed.

Whilst I agree something must be done about the absurd wages paid to Championship players, there is a problem with a salary cap based on club's income/revenue. it means the more money coming into a club means the more they can pay out. In other words, it will benefit the so-called bigger clubs, as they will have more income, will the parachute payments be classed as income? If so, that would be another advantage. The only way I can see around it, would be to make the cap the same amount for every club, perhaps based on the divisions total income and diveded by 24, but I cannot see the clubs with the most revenue agreeing to it.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Jun 2020 15:17

The Royal Forester
Sutekh The salary cap idea is starting to gain some pace. The FL are looking to have a vote on Monday amongst member clubs to reduce the majority needed on passing FFP regulations from 75% of clubs to 67%. If that’s agreed then hopefully the idea stands a much better chance of being accepted though around 16 Championship clubs would still have to be in favour for it to be passed.

Whilst I agree something must be done about the absurd wages paid to Championship players, there is a problem with a salary cap based on club's income/revenue. it means the more money coming into a club means the more they can pay out. In other words, it will benefit the so-called bigger clubs, as they will have more income, will the parachute payments be classed as income? If so, that would be another advantage. The only way I can see around it, would be to make the cap the same amount for every club, perhaps based on the divisions total income and diveded by 24, but I cannot see the clubs with the most revenue agreeing to it./quote]

Exactly why FFP does not work. As always, it is designed to keep the big clubs big without any of those nasty billionaires coming along and upsetting the apple cart.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jun 2020 15:28

I have no problem with richer clubs being able to spend more.

More money doesn't have to be the only route to success. It's no guarantee. And if you want to spend more, you need to grow your income.

It's just not ok to have people overspend by loading a club up with debt through loans.

As long as there are some reasonable measures in place to keep competition prize money and TV deals distributed relatively equitably, then having extra money for selling more merchandise and an extra 15k paying fans is fine by me.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 13 Jun 2020 19:26

Did The Times sort of indicate that all of Saturdays Championship games will be on the red button ?Might be a bit more reliable than I Follow .

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 13 Jun 2020 22:33

Nameless
royalp-we
Nameless

6000 @ £15 is £90,000
Oddly football is about more than money. For many watchingonline isn’t any kind of option, I won’t bother, may as well play FIFA (if I knew how).:Finding a way to allow fans in means there is actually a point to playing the games.
You could do food but use outside stalls as in the Fan Zone, avoid creating inside congestion.

Amazing the inability of some to think positively. Must be great spending your life thinking of reasonsnot to do stuff !

:|

I thought it was a perfectly reasonable question. Stop being a stroppy little oxf*rd.

The club can’t run at a loss just because it would be nice to have a couple of thousand fans in the stadium.
Last edited by royalp-we on 14 Jun 2020 00:14, edited 1 time in total.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Jun 2020 23:29

this

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jun 2020 07:21

The Royal Forester

Whilst I agree something must be done about the absurd wages paid to Championship players, there is a problem with a salary cap based on club's income/revenue. it means the more money coming into a club means the more they can pay out. In other words, it will benefit the so-called bigger clubs, as they will have more income, will the parachute payments be classed as income? If so, that would be another advantage. The only way I can see around it, would be to make the cap the same amount for every club, perhaps based on the divisions total income and diveded by 24, but I cannot see the clubs with the most revenue agreeing to it.

Sure I read that the cap in the Champ would be a flat amount think 18m was mentioned as a possibility.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Jun 2020 07:49

royalp-we
Nameless
royalp-we

6000 @ £15 is £90,000

:|

I thought it was a perfectly reasonable question. Stop being a stroppy little oxf*rd.

The club can’t run at a loss just because it would be nice to have a couple of thousand fans in the stadium.

Ok, so you don’t read the answer to your ‘perfectly reasonable question’ . Seems bizarre to pose a question , notread the response then throw a wobbly because you got an answer !
The club runs at a massive loss anyway, I’m guessing you’re advocating just closing it down for good ?
Having 6000 fans in the ground would be self funding but would not cover the huge costs that are incurred whether there are fans there or not, or whether games are played or not. I’d agree it needs to not add to the financial drain on theclub but it seems quite possible for it to cover costs. It also needs to be safe, and for fans to believe it’s safe.
If you believe the club shouldn’t open if it would lose money by doing so would you think they would be crazy not to open if they could make a profit on the day ?
We’regoing To shift to 1m distancing shortly which would mean pretty much anywhere will be able to operate.

Sorry if you think trying to put a reasoned argument together is ‘stroppy’, more than happy to engage in discussion if you have anything more than ‘I think it might be tricky’....
Last edited by Nameless on 14 Jun 2020 08:08, edited 1 time in total.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 14 Jun 2020 07:54

Stranded
The Royal Forester

Sure I read that the cap in the Champ would be a flat amount think 18m was mentioned as a possibility.

Presumably that would be for a nominated first team squad ? So not including u23/Academy players. Would be interesting to see how they construct it. Would players not included in the cap be allowed to play ? Olise came from nowhere (hardly played at U23 level) mid season, would a cap restrict progress of the likes of him ? Might the cap exclude Academy products altogether to encourage development and avoid the Sarries trap ?

235 posts