Re: ifollow

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Jun 2020 19:08

Still a fun listen....better than the alternative

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Jun 2020 20:20

To summarise on Dellor, he:

Called Meite - Rinomhota and Meite during the same period of Meite winning and possessing the ball.
Did similar with Richards and Ejaria
Confused Miazga and Gunter
Rinomhota and Ejaria
Moore and Ejaria

And that's between wittering a load of irrelevant drivel and yet again trying to allude to being in the know about us getting a points deduction. He's the worst commentator I've ever heard. He's worse than Mark sulky Lawrenson ffs

To have two examples of him mixing up players and then clearly and obviously not correcting himself but carrying on as if he's getting everything right is breathtaking arrogance.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Jun 2020 20:25

...sound familiar Ian?

Jeez, are you that hung on his words?

IAN FOR BBCBERKS COMMENTARY

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Jun 2020 21:12

Snowflake Royal To summarise on Dellor, he:

Called Meite - Rinomhota and Meite during the same period of Meite winning and possessing the ball.
Rinomhota and Ejaria
Moore and Ejaria

And that's between wittering a load of irrelevant drivel and yet again trying to allude to being in the know about us getting a points deduction. He's the worst commentator I've ever heard. He's worse than Mark sulky Lawrenson ffs

To have two examples of him mixing up players and then clearly and obviously not correcting himself but carrying on as if he's getting everything right is breathtaking arrogance.

He also confused Rinomhota with Gunter. That’s quite the achievement.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Jun 2020 21:25

don’t encourage him

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Jun 2020 21:30

He also confused Spizzy for Danny La Rue although that’s perfectly understandable I feel

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Jun 2020 21:40

The only thing that you feel ‘Welsh, is defeat

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Jun 2020 21:43

Now now. I was going to compliment you on your Glasto thread but I ain’t now.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 29 Jun 2020 14:33

Zip He also confused Spizzy for Danny La Rue although that’s perfectly understandable I feel

Didn't Danny La Rue used to run that pub by the river in Pangbourne so there could be a family link although I haven't as yet detected an obvious likeness but lockdown can do strange things to people.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jun 2020 14:35

South Coast Royal
Zip He also confused Spizzy for Danny La Rue although that’s perfectly understandable I feel

Didn't Danny La Rue used to run that pub by the river in Pangbourne so there could be a family link although I haven't as yet detected an obvious likeness but lockdown can do strange things to people.

No. I think it was Spizzy. It’s an easy mistake to make.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Jun 2020 14:59

Snowflake Royal To summarise on Dellor, he:

Rinomhota and Ejaria
Moore and Ejaria

And that's between wittering a load of irrelevant drivel and yet again trying to allude to being in the know about us getting a points deduction.

That's what peed me off most about his commentary on Saturday - desperately trying to whip up some excitement about the rest of the season by hanging the completely false spectre of a points deduction over us. Perhaps he has aspirations to work for The Sun or Daily Mail.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 29 Jun 2020 21:31

URZZZZZZZZ Dellor is dross, any chance of him getting the players’ names correct?

Clearly not - Having seen a couple of matches with him commentating now, I'm not sure how I could ever listen to him again on radio, because I'd be wondering who he was actually talking about, as opposed to who he was talking about.

When a ball goes Player A to Player B and back to Player A, you'd think he'd have some hope of re-recognising Player A? Nope!

Mixing up Moore and Ejaria repeatedly.
Gunter and Miazga - I mean, it's not as if he'd know what Gunter looks like, he's only played the odd 300 games
But then capping it off by mixing up Gunter with Rinomhota - How????

Not to mention leaving out whole passages of play while he wittered on about something irrelevant.

Think i'll be turning the commentary off for the next game.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 29 Jun 2020 21:59

I’m sensing much anger at Dellor getting players names wrong :?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Jun 2020 16:21

muirinho
URZZZZZZZZ Dellor is dross, any chance of him getting the players’ names correct?

Clearly not - Having seen a couple of matches with him commentating now, I'm not sure how I could ever listen to him again on radio, because I'd be wondering who he was actually talking about, as opposed to who he was talking about.

When a ball goes Player A to Player B and back to Player A, you'd think he'd have some hope of re-recognising Player A? Nope!

Mixing up Moore and Ejaria repeatedly.
Gunter and Miazga - I mean, it's not as if he'd know what Gunter looks like, he's only played the odd 300 games
But then capping it off by mixing up Gunter with Rinomhota - How????

Not to mention leaving out whole passages of play while he wittered on about something irrelevant.

Think i'll be turning the commentary off for the next game.

I love the comedy value myself. The number of times for example Richards (actually Rinomhota) has the ball and passes it to Richards (correctly identified) is quite amusing especially when Richards passes it straight back to Rinomhota. As a result I actually follow much of the game more closely.

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 30 Jun 2020 16:25

I assume Dellor realises his commentary is being used for TV ? On radio, you could literally say anything and no one would ever know lol.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jun 2020 16:29

Zammo I assume Dellor realises his commentary is being used for TV ? On radio, you could literally say anything and no one would ever know lol.

This is what I thought in the Stoke game. It made me question any time I have listened to an away game on the radio that what was being said is actually true!

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 30 Jun 2020 16:30

Hendo
Zammo I assume Dellor realises his commentary is being used for TV ? On radio, you could literally say anything and no one would ever know lol.

This is what I thought in the Stoke game. It made me question any time I have listened to an away game on the radio that what was being said is actually true!

tbf, met him & Mick on the way back from Birmingham away and both are top guys.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Jun 2020 18:15

It would be nice if it didn't pause every 10 seconds.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jun 2020 18:16

Working fine here.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 30 Jun 2020 18:26

Zip
South Coast Royal

No. I think it was Spizzy. It’s an easy mistake to make.
shut it, leek head

251 posts