251 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: ifollow

by Zip » 30 Jun 2020 18:27

AthleticoSpizz
Zip
South Coast Royal
Didn't Danny La Rue used to run that pub by the river in Pangbourne so there could be a family link although I haven't as yet detected an obvious likeness but lockdown can do strange things to people.

No. I think it was Spizzy. It’s an easy mistake to make.
shut it, leek head

Well quite.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Jun 2020 18:46

Snowflake Royal Working fine here.

Congratulations.

Tried on Laptop and now Phone and just pauses all the time. I've given up on it now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jun 2020 19:06

sandman
Snowflake Royal Working fine here.

Congratulations.

Tried on Laptop and now Phone and just pauses all the time. I've given up on it now.

Wow, you've got an arse on. Thought you might find it useful to know it's a problem your end not for everyone

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Jun 2020 19:28

Then perhaps start with that then, rather than "well it's working great for me. Reply looked like an I'm alright Jack brag from this end. Very surprised if it was an issue with what I'm doing.

The Wifi is boosted, still kept pausing.

Plugged into the router with a long cable still kept pausing.

Tried it on a different device, still kept pausing.

Anyway that's the last time I will be using iFollow.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Jul 2020 08:26

I had zero problems with it as well last night.

Maybe e-mail iFollow or see if they have a FAQ's page.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 01 Jul 2020 11:06

Hendo I had zero problems with it as well last night.

Maybe e-mail iFollow or see if they have a FAQ's page.

No problem on screen, it's just on the pitch where we appear to be playing in slow motion.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Jul 2020 11:51

sandman Then perhaps start with that then, rather than "well it's working great for me. Reply looked like an I'm alright Jack brag from this end. Very surprised if it was an issue with what I'm doing.

You do appear to be extremely unlucky given all of the above. I'm not going to gloat or indeed tempt fate by commenting on my experiences of iFollow to date.

My biggest gripe is the way that they repeatedly show replays whilst the ball is still in play! Also their camera operator last night appeared to be as slow as our defence in getting across to cover the player with the ball!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Jul 2020 11:54

RoyalBlue
sandman Then perhaps start with that then, rather than "well it's working great for me. Reply looked like an I'm alright Jack brag from this end. Very surprised if it was an issue with what I'm doing.

You do appear to be extremely unlucky given all of the above. I'm not going to gloat or indeed tempt fate by commenting on my experiences of iFollow to date.

My biggest gripe is the way that they repeatedly show replays whilst the ball is still in play! Also their camera operator last night appeared to be as slow as our defence in getting across to cover the player with the ball!

Agreed with that, but I will give props to the cameraman/director when they focused on the David Brent flag :D

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Jul 2020 16:16

Is anyone else a bit fed up with ifollow adverts?

It's not like it's free. And what a shite advert too with snoop selling out and making an utter bellend of himself.

I'd rather listen to the half time chat but if you pause it you're stuck at half time.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Jul 2020 20:26

2 world wars, 1 world cup Is anyone else a bit fed up with ifollow adverts?

It's not like it's free. And what a shite advert too with snoop selling out and making an utter bellend of himself.

I'd rather listen to the half time chat but if you pause it you're stuck at half time.

Simply move the bar along.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jul 2020 08:02

Lower West

The point is I like to listen to the half time chat and not miss anything. Instead they block out the commentary and have Snoop looking like a tit.

And another thing... moving the bar along has little depictions of the goals scored in it for some reason. Massive spoiler for anyone who's had to pause the game for whatever reason.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jul 2020 09:04

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Lower West

The point is I like to listen to the half time chat and not miss anything. Instead they block out the commentary and have Snoop looking like a tit.

And another thing... moving the bar along has little depictions of the goals scored in it for some reason. Massive spoiler for anyone who's had to pause the game for whatever reason.

Are you in the Reading area? Could always turn the radio on at half-time?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jul 2020 09:14

Hendo
Lower West

As above, often have to pause the game, so out of sync with live, or it wouldn't be an issue.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 22 Jul 2020 09:23

Hendo

As above, often have to pause the game, so out of sync with live, or it wouldn't be an issue.

Ah, I see. I tend to mute it at half time as the less I have to listen to the better!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jul 2020 09:33

Hendo
Hendo

Ah, I see. I tend to mute it at half time as the less I have to listen to the better!

Yeah fair enough it's not all that great at half time anyway. I just like hearing what they're saying about the match and what people are texting in so I know what to think, ahem, urm, I mean I know what others are thinking. It's just a little annoying that I'm paying for the service but in that regard it's worse than if I'd just listened on the radio. All so they can get Snoop looking like a bellend to make extra money advertising. They're already charging me for the experience ffs. Rant over :)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jul 2020 11:17

Hendo

Why pause the game? Just put it on mute.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Jul 2020 13:46

Snowflake Royal
Hendo

Why pause the game? Just put it on mute.

*facepalm*

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Sep 2020 10:01

ifollow has a new app, unsure yet as to whether my automatic renewal will be continued on to the new format or not. Seems like the price has gone up?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Sep 2020 10:14

NewCorkSeth ifollow has a new app, unsure yet as to whether my automatic renewal will be continued on to the new format or not. Seems like the price has gone up?

Mine renewed yesterday, mildly annoyed as all the blurb said it had gone up to €140 from €130, which was fine but the bill yesterday shows it is actually €166 due to some random tax that was never included before. Still not a bad price but really badly rolled out.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Sep 2020 10:14

NewCorkSeth ifollow has a new app, unsure yet as to whether my automatic renewal will be continued on to the new format or not. Seems like the price has gone up?

so what is the deal with ifollow - what do you actually get?

251 posts