Squad for 2020/21

1016 posts
SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Squad for 2020/21

by SouthDownsRoyal » 02 Aug 2020 12:04

AthleticoSpizz Was going through ‘personal issues’ during his loan spell with us....no wonder he was loaned out...Reading the xuckers as usual.

What would his last seasons 11 goals have done for us?

Surely you can’t just say if we had Martin we would have scored 11 more goals?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Aug 2020 12:04

SouthDownsRoyal
AthleticoSpizz Was going through ‘personal issues’ during his loan spell with us....no wonder he was loaned out...Reading the xuckers as usual.

What would his last seasons 11 goals have done for us?

Surely you can’t just say if we had Martin we would have scored 11 more goals?

To be fair he is def not saying that.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Aug 2020 13:49

I guess I can say whatever I like :wink:
(Although most of it is subjective bullsh1t tbf)

It’s the way that it is translated by the receiver, that is the issue......and we’ve all fallen foul of this once or twice on hna haven’t we?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Aug 2020 14:16

AthleticoSpizz I guess I can say whatever I like :wink:
(Although most of it is subjective bullsh1t tbf)

It’s the way that it is translated by the receiver, that is the issue......and we’ve all fallen foul of this once or twice on hna haven’t we?

A misunderstanding, deliberate or otherwise, on HNA? Never.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 03 Aug 2020 12:16

Sounds like Osho is off then according to JLow, would have liked him to stay, but at 22 with only about 5 FL starts in is career and likely only to get similar this season it's probably the right move.

Can see him ending up at Crawley or Leyton Orient

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 03 Aug 2020 12:16

JLow reporting that Osho has rejected his new contract; apparently we haven't convinced him he'll get suitable playing time.

A blow to our squad, and a bold decision on his part. Not a market to go and get a big contract elsewhere. If he wants 1st team football, he'll probably end up in L1 or, best case, a Championship bottom end club like Luton, Wycombe or Barnsley. It'll take a couple of years to see if this is a good call or not.

If it was about playing time and not wages, I'm not sure what we could have done. Yiadom is 1st choice RB, and Morrison and McIntyre are ahead of him at CB even if we sell Moore.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 03 Aug 2020 12:21

WestYorksRoyal If it was about playing time and not wages, I'm not sure what we could have done. Yiadom is 1st choice RB, and Morrison and McIntyre are ahead of him at CB even if we sell Moore.

This, tbh.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Aug 2020 12:28

Brave move from him considering he struggled every time he was out on loan. Wonder if he got the hump at being replaced by Gunter after some good performances. Wycombe could be a good fit.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 03 Aug 2020 12:29

I think we'll be fine without Osho, his playing career would suggest that his run at the end of the season was a bit of a purple patch, I can't see him ending up any higher then mid League One, I suspect he'll actually end up at League Two.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2020 12:48

Pepe the Horseman Brave move from him considering he struggled every time he was out on loan. Wonder if he got the hump at being replaced by Gunter after some good performances. Wycombe could be a good fit.

Or did he get dropped because he'd already made his feelings known.

I think he should have stayed to fight for a place.

Even with Moore, McIntyre and Morrison ahead of him at CB and Yiadom at RB, I'd expect him to get something like a dozen starts minimum, including the cup, plus more sub appearances.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 03 Aug 2020 12:55

Just asking but with Osho going who will now be the back up for Yiadom once he starts playing again,
Does this also suggest playing 5 - 3 - 2 more often and a midfielder backing up the right wing back position?
Is this also the same issue at left back with Obita and Blackett going, and presumably using Richards as wing back?
And who is the back up for central defence? We’ve only got Moore, Morrison and McIntyre now Miasga’s gone.
All looking a bit thin?

Hitchytwo

by Hitchytwo » 03 Aug 2020 12:57

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1enXbVV ... sp=sharing
As far as I'm aware this is the entire squad now forgetting the extra three strikers we have.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2020 12:59

Centre back
Moore, Morrison, McIntyre, Holmes (I feel I'm forgetting someone)

Right back
Yiadom, Araruna (seems unfancied and allegedly actually a midfielder), Watson

Left back
Richards,

Otherwise we're down to Rino out of position at RB, with a lot of the most recent wave of Academy players already gone.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 03 Aug 2020 13:03

Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman Brave move from him considering he struggled every time he was out on loan. Wonder if he got the hump at being replaced by Gunter after some good performances. Wycombe could be a good fit.

Doesnt that only make sense if he was dropped for someone who had a chance of being here next season?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Aug 2020 13:06

Pandoras Box Just asking but with Osho going who will now be the back up for Yiadom once he starts playing again,
Does this also suggest playing 5 - 3 - 2 more often and a midfielder backing up the right wing back position?
Is this also the same issue at left back with Obita and Blackett going, and presumably using Richards as wing back?
And who is the back up for central defence? We’ve only got Moore, Morrison and McIntyre now Miasga’s gone.
All looking a bit thin?

Araruna and Watson are the right backs remaining to challenge Yiadom

Central defence is Moore, McIntyre and Morrison then you’re looking at Laurent who can play there and then youngsters like Holmes and Dorset etc.

The big issue is left back where there is Richards and his cover is Yiadom! Don’t think there are any Academy players near ready for covering that position so Reading really do need to recruit someone there.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2020 13:27

Simon's Church
Snowflake Royal

Doesnt that only make sense if he was dropped for someone who had a chance of being here next season?

Nah, opportunity to give Gunter a send off and you know he's reliable.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 03 Aug 2020 15:19

tidus_mi2 I think we'll be fine without Osho, his playing career would suggest that his run at the end of the season was a bit of a purple patch, I can't see him ending up any higher then mid League One, I suspect he'll actually end up at League Two.

Perhaps he will follow the path of Dickie, Henry, Fosu, Mackie, Kelly etc. to that club not very far away.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 03 Aug 2020 15:44

If the reason for Osho leaving was more about the playing time rather than the money - How easy is it going to be to recruit anyone who will be happy to sit on the bench knowing that they will only play as injury cover or in Cup matches? This sounds more like the aged pro rather than hungry youngsters?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 03 Aug 2020 16:15

South Coast Royal
tidus_mi2 I think we'll be fine without Osho, his playing career would suggest that his run at the end of the season was a bit of a purple patch, I can't see him ending up any higher then mid League One, I suspect he'll actually end up at League Two.

Perhaps he will follow the path of Dickie, Henry, Fosu, Mackie, Kelly etc. to that club not very far away.

It is highly ironic that we seem to only have an academy these days to feed our local league 1 clubs I also wouldnt be surprised if the team who will not be named get promoted with our rejects next year. Ther maybe something in playing the academy players and giving them a chance.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2020 16:21

linkenholtroyal
South Coast Royal

It is highly ironic that we seem to only have an academy these days to feed our local league 1 clubs I also wouldnt be surprised if the team who will not be named get promoted with our rejects next year. Ther maybe something in playing the academy players and giving them a chance.

WTAF.

What about Rino, Olise, McIntyre and Richards.

Plus Holsgrove seems on the cusp and maybe Southwood too.

:?:

1016 posts