Back from I Follow Luton

3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from I Follow Luton

by 3points » 04 Jul 2020 22:12

Zip
3points Enjoyed that and glad I paid my £10, though it was touch and go whether I did or not. Plenty t be positive about, while Luton looked poor. As said before pleased for MacIntyre and Osho. Osho looked like he was unfamiliar as a right back, but grew into the game. Lots of potential. Interesting that Bowen even considered playing him there. Must surely be looking at whether he can provide a low cost option as back up right back (and possibly 4th or 5th choice centre back).

The midfield looked more balanced too, as noted. Shows me that Rinomhota has to be allowed a more free role, going box to box, rather than be pigeoned holed into a holding midfielder role. He’s got a bit of Danny Williams in him. We’ll definitely need a replacement for Pele assuming he goes back to his parent club.

Ejaria had his best game since the restart of the season too. Still not sure we need to take the option to buy though with Olise coming through strongly.

Nothing more to be said about Yaks. Pleased for him.

Rinomhota can have that freedom if Pele is playing.

Yep, totally agree. I think it’s mad that Rino didn’t play for a large part of the season either. It also allows Swift to roam more which is when he influences games more

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Jul 2020 22:19

3points
Zip
3points Enjoyed that and glad I paid my £10, though it was touch and go whether I did or not. Plenty t be positive about, while Luton looked poor. As said before pleased for MacIntyre and Osho. Osho looked like he was unfamiliar as a right back, but grew into the game. Lots of potential. Interesting that Bowen even considered playing him there. Must surely be looking at whether he can provide a low cost option as back up right back (and possibly 4th or 5th choice centre back).

The midfield looked more balanced too, as noted. Shows me that Rinomhota has to be allowed a more free role, going box to box, rather than be pigeoned holed into a holding midfielder role. He’s got a bit of Danny Williams in him. We’ll definitely need a replacement for Pele assuming he goes back to his parent club.

Ejaria had his best game since the restart of the season too. Still not sure we need to take the option to buy though with Olise coming through strongly.

Nothing more to be said about Yaks. Pleased for him.

Rinomhota can have that freedom if Pele is playing.

Yep, totally agree. I think it’s mad that Rino didn’t play for a large part of the season either. It also allows Swift to roam more which is when he influences games more

Rino had lost a bit of sparkle early on in the season but is right back to his best of last season. I think we can pretty much all agree that a midfield contains Swift/Ejaria/Olise/Rinomhota was unbalanced. Pele/Rinomhota/Swift/Ejaria is so much better. Olise will get plenty of chances especially if Swift leaves. We will need to replace Pele in all likelihood.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Jul 2020 22:47

Zip
WestYorksRoyal A lot of comments on how poor Luton were today, but they were unbeaten since the restart and looked like making a decent fist of their relegation battle. Many would have taken a point before kick off, so 5-0 is a great result. Let's give ourselves proper credit where it's due.

Very much this. We slate the players after a performance like Brentford. They deserve a lot of credit today. There were some really impressive passages of play today AND an end product.

Just wanna say that I wasn't one of the ones completely slating the players against Brentford.

I thought Brentford were excellent and prevented us playing whilst Luton were dire and let us play.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Jul 2020 23:05

Snowflake Royal
Zip
WestYorksRoyal A lot of comments on how poor Luton were today, but they were unbeaten since the restart and looked like making a decent fist of their relegation battle. Many would have taken a point before kick off, so 5-0 is a great result. Let's give ourselves proper credit where it's due.

Very much this. We slate the players after a performance like Brentford. They deserve a lot of credit today. There were some really impressive passages of play today AND an end product.

Just wanna say that I wasn't one of the ones completely slating the players against Brentford.

I thought Brentford were excellent and prevented us playing whilst Luton were dire and let us play.

Brentford were great. Luton very poor but let’s not forget Luton”s recent form. There are also few wins by 5 goal margins for any team in this division. As Paul says if we can’t praise the team after such an emphatic win I don’t know when we can.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 04 Jul 2020 23:05

Snowflake Royal
Zip

We had a far better defensive shape today. Perhaps we could have stopped Brentford playing.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 04 Jul 2020 23:19

Mc Intire was terrific today.Any doubt and he just pumped the ball away.That meant that we were never caught on the ball in the final third.That said what would Stam or Gomez have made of this ?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 04 Jul 2020 23:27

John Madejski's Wallet I want us to keep Pele more than any of the others

I thought he was excellent today. Real standout.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 04 Jul 2020 23:35

Westwood52 Mc Intire was terrific today.Any doubt and he just pumped the ball away.That meant that we were never caught on the ball in the final third.That said what would Stam or Gomez have made of this ?

He can pass too though. One lovely pass out to the flank in the first half was a gem. He is as brave as they come too, Time for an extended run in the side and at the expense of Moore

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 04 Jul 2020 23:57

Zip
Westwood52 Mc Intire was terrific today.Any doubt and he just pumped the ball away.That meant that we were never caught on the ball in the final third.That said what would Stam or Gomez have made of this ?

He can pass too though. One lovely pass out to the flank in the first half was a gem. He is as brave as they come too, Time for an extended run in the side and at the expense of Moore

Why is there so much hate on social media for Moore (not this specific post Zip)? He cares deeply for the club and has given his all. What’s to say the best partnership isn’t him & McIntyre? Moore & Miazga are considerably younger than Morrison, so any talk of Morrison as part of the future partnership is a bit short-sighted.

A move for Moore might be best for all parties but I don’t understand why he’s attracted so much opposition. Getting his wage off the books I understand, but let’s give the bloke a break

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Jul 2020 00:26

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Brentford were great. Luton very poor but let’s not forget Luton”s recent form. There are also few wins by 5 goal margins for any team in this division. As Paul says if we can’t praise the team after such an emphatic win I don’t know when we can.

I'll stick to praising what I see as the performance... there was plenty there to like, it's always good to win big and we took our chances. But there was also plenty I wasn't happy with.

Luton's form means nothing to me. How they played before doesn't change how they played today.

Lower West has a good point though, the defensive shape was better, so maybe we'd have made it harder for Brentford. But I think I saw more unpressured sloppy passes today than v Brentford.

I may well be talking arse, but today didn't make me think we'd turned a corner and would put a run together. It made me think we could easily lose the next game.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Jul 2020 00:49

Notts Royal
Zip

Why is there so much hate on social media for Moore (not this specific post Zip)? He cares deeply for the club and has given his all. What’s to say the best partnership isn’t him & McIntyre? Moore & Miazga are considerably younger than Morrison, so any talk of Morrison as part of the future partnership is a bit short-sighted.

A move for Moore might be best for all parties but I don’t understand why he’s attracted so much opposition. Getting his wage off the books I understand, but let’s give the bloke a break

Fair comment. It’s an odd one. He has given his all most of the time but not always.My son really dislikes him. Thinks he’s fake and not that good. He is the captain and there to set an example so when we play so limply he is going to be one of the first in line for criticism.He has been close to ever present in so many poor performances in the past three seasons too and on sky high wages. So when he has a couple of poor games he doesn’t get much slack.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Jul 2020 01:54

Zip
Notts Royal
Zip

Fair comment. It’s an odd one. He has given his all most of the time but not always.My son really dislikes him. Thinks he’s fake and not that good. He is the captain and there to set an example so when we play so limply he is going to be one of the first in line for criticism.He has been close to ever present in so many poor performances in the past three seasons too and on sky high wages. So when he has a couple of poor games he doesn’t get much slack.

My problem with Moore is that he plays at such a slow tempo, progression up the pitch is painfully slow with him there. Especially with him on the left, where naturally he’s less comfortable. Today, with McIntyre there, we played at a faster pace, broke through the lines quicker and it reflected on the scoreline

Add Blackett to the list of the more comfortable ball players who can play at a quicker tempo. Reckon he’s been underused this season, had a fantastic run in over Christmas, was unfairly dropped, then had a poor game against Hull and hadn’t been seen since. As alluded to on here, he has a good partnership with Ejaria, they understand each other’s roles well, a partnership that should never have been broken up

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Jul 2020 02:19

URZZZZ
Zip
Notts Royal

My problem with Moore is that he plays at such a slow tempo, progression up the pitch is painfully slow with him there. Especially with him on the left, where naturally he’s less comfortable. Today, with McIntyre there, we played at a faster pace, broke through the lines quicker and it reflected on the scoreline

Add Blackett to the list of the more comfortable ball players who can play at a quicker tempo. Reckon he’s been underused this season, had a fantastic run in over Christmas, was unfairly dropped, then had a poor game against Hull and hadn’t been seen since. As alluded to on here, he has a good partnership with Ejaria, they understand each other’s roles well, a partnership that should never have been broken up

Yes Moore is very slow on the ball. Blackett had that purple patch over Christmas. He is a strange one. There were times against Luton when he looked a class above. Would be good if he stayed.
This is such an odd Reading squad. Technically I think it’s stronger than McDermott’s Championship winning side yet the mentality just isn’t there,

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jul 2020 07:31

Too many bad games from Moore. He comes over as a decent guy but considering the wages etc he isn’t giving vfm

I feel it’s time to part ways tbh

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 05 Jul 2020 07:33

Thought Pelé and Meite were today’s stand out players. Pelé is fantastic at getting a foot in, doesn’t do anything complicated, but adds steel and allows those around him to play. Also thought McIntyre did very well and have thought for a while now that Moore has been part of the problem as he’s slow in building play and inconsistent.

As to those who say it’s only Luton, yes they were poor on the day, but came off a 6 match unbeaten run, drew with Leeds, beat Swansea, so were in good form. As another poster said, if teams let us play, we are good, if we get closed down, we struggle badly which is something Bowen is going to have to work out.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Jul 2020 07:58

No problem with Moore but feels like the right time for player and club to move on whilst we can still probably command a decent fee for him.

He seems to be getting stale here and his career needs a new push and we need to freshen up the defence. Next season is Morrison and McIntyre to start for me with an emphasis on the latter being who we build our defence around and look at how to replace Morrison when his deal ends next summer.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 05 Jul 2020 08:14

Zip

Absolutely. It has not been a great five years, wins like this should be savoured. Loved it.

I am also very relieved. A defeat at Luton would have been a catastrophe.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Jul 2020 08:38

The game answered quite a few questions for me

The midfield needs Pele or a direct replacement. Moore’s time is up. Bowen can motivate a team and is up to making big decisions. Osho may be the only ooc to stay. Meite is crucial to us playing well. Ejaria will be a top signing.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 05 Jul 2020 09:07

Stranded No problem with Moore but feels like the right time for player and club to move on whilst we can still probably command a decent fee for him.

He seems to be getting stale here and his career needs a new push and we need to freshen up the defence. Next season is Morrison and McIntyre to start for me with an emphasis on the latter being who we build our defence around and look at how to replace Morrison when his deal ends next summer.

Let's not also forget that Moore is basically on PL wages after the Brighton bid; it would make good sense financially if we could get a fee with him.

I tend to agree with the overall sentiment, but he's been a great servant for the club over the past 4 years. He engages with the fans, is a good role model and captain and he cares for the club. I'm pretty sure we'd have gone down without him in 17/18.

Not to say you're wrong, but I'd be a bit sad to see him go.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 05 Jul 2020 09:14

On thing I would say about Moore is he is no longer absolutely crucial to how we play. If Moore (or Swift for that matter) leaving meant that we were in with a shout of signing Pele, I'd see that as a fair trade.