MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h) sponsored by Craig Maskell

184 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (h) sponsored by Craig Maskell

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Jul 2020 07:30

URZZZZ
Notts Royal Twitter bed-wetters at it again. It would save them all a lot of stress if they didn’t get so excited when we win, and so dramatic when we lose. Ah I’m getting old!

Interested to know why we are giving game time to Blackett when he’s leaving? He’s been decent for us when he’s played but if he’s not staying, what’s the point?

I think the idea of Blackett playing against Luton was just to secure that extra win, and neither Obita or Richards had really cemented that spot themselves. And then today you’re not exactly going to drop him after scoring 5 goals, of which he was involved in two. Not sure he should be playing again though, although he is part of two clean sheets

I'd add that Blackett is yet to sign for anyone else as it stands. Involving him in first team football might encourage him to sign a new deal with us, would definitely keep him if we can.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2020 08:15

Stranded Anyone wanting Bowen out for not yet improving home form when it is clearly a long term deep rooted mental issue at the club is a bit foolish esp. given that in his 31 games he has turned us from a team heading for a relegation battle at best to one challenging the top half.

If nothing has changed by the end of next season then it may be worth a conversation but not yet.

This.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Jul 2020 08:48

Snowflake Royal
Stranded Anyone wanting Bowen out for not yet improving home form when it is clearly a long term deep rooted mental issue at the club is a bit foolish esp. given that in his 31 games he has turned us from a team heading for a relegation battle at best to one challenging the top half.

If nothing has changed by the end of next season then it may be worth a conversation but not yet.

This.

yep, my thoughts as well.

I honestly want to see the club on sound footing firstly. None of this ridiculous 210% wages to turnover and 30 and squad nonsense. Bring the academy players through who are genuinely up to it, rid the club of the Mannone/Popa/Aluko wasters and start from a fresh base

Bowen to me looks like he fits the bill to do that. He has enough tosser about him to handle the big egos and got a good understanding of the issues at the club from his previous role. He has brought in and trusted Olise, Osho and McIntyre. He hasn't bleated about needing to sign new players (yet)

I think the worst thing we could do (and we won't anyway) is sack him, bring in a new manager with the promise of £x to spend to try to win promotion next season

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jul 2020 08:56

Hound
Snowflake Royal

This.

yep, my thoughts as well.

I honestly want to see the club on sound footing firstly. None of this ridiculous 210% wages to turnover and 30 and squad nonsense. Bring the academy players through who are genuinely up to it, rid the club of the Mannone/Popa/Aluko wasters and start from a fresh base

Bowen to me looks like he fits the bill to do that. He has enough tosser about him to handle the big egos and got a good understanding of the issues at the club from his previous role. He has brought in and trusted Olise, Osho and McIntyre. He hasn't bleated about needing to sign new players (yet)

I think the worst thing we could do (and we won't anyway) is sack him, bring in a new manager with the promise of £x to spend to try to win promotion next season

We certainly don't need a 9th new manager in less than 10 years.

There simply isn't anyone good and experienced who would touch is with a barge poll the state we're in anyway.

184 posts