Player of the Season!

Gobsheik

Player of the Season!

by Gobsheik » 24 Jul 2020 08:16

Once again we have a Goalkeeper as POTS. Is it any wonder we are in the position we are now in. I am not saying we should not have a Goalkeeper as POTS, its just that it seems to portray the lack of flair we now see with our team.

Old Man Andrews

Re: Player of the Season!

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Jul 2020 08:32

Did Al-Habsi not win it the season we came 3rd? Keepers win it in good times as well as bad, wouldn't read too much into it tbh.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jul 2020 08:34

our fans just seem to like keepers tbh

I didnt really think AAH deserved it that year we came third , and I certainly don't think Rafael did this year

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Jul 2020 09:20

Old Man Andrews Did Al-Habsi not win it the season we came 3rd? Keepers win it in good times as well as bad, wouldn't read too much into it tbh.

Yeah, I think he did and didn't Federici win it the year we won the league? I know he kept an insane amount of clean sheets and I think he won 'keeper of the year for the whole league.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Jul 2020 09:20

Hound our fans just seem to like keepers tbh

I didnt really think AAH deserved it that year we came third , and I certainly don't think Rafael did this year

Yeah, quite how Yann missed out on it that year, I don't know.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jul 2020 09:35

Hendo

Yeah, quite how Yann missed out on it that year, I don't know.

exactly. 19 goals in that side was incredible looking back

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Jul 2020 09:37

Think it had a lot to do with AAH being the nicest man in football, he had a real connection with our supporters. Yann was a little bit aloof on the other hand.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Jul 2020 09:54

Did he deserve it the year before either? He wasn't great in his first season, I guess he was the best of the bunch, maybe Danny Williams iirc.

He was good in the season we came 3rd.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 24 Jul 2020 10:52

NewCorkSeth

Did he deserve it the year before either? He wasn't great in his first season, I guess he was the best of the bunch, maybe Danny Williams iirc.

I'm struggling to think of an alternative to his first year

He was definitely good in the play off season, just not pots good

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 24 Jul 2020 14:28

On the other hand, Marcus was robbed in 07/08. No idea how Hunt won it that year.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 24 Jul 2020 17:38

Old Man Andrews Think it had a lot to do with AAH being the nicest man in football, he had a real connection with our supporters. Yann was a little bit aloof on the other hand.

Yann in the playoff season was everything you would want in a front man. Desperately miss that. Sadly Bodvasson and the 7.5 million cripple will never get to his level (or in the latter case on the pitch even).

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Jul 2020 17:54

Ascotexgunner
Old Man Andrews Think it had a lot to do with AAH being the nicest man in football, he had a real connection with our supporters. Yann was a little bit aloof on the other hand.

Yann in the playoff season was everything you would want in a front man. Desperately miss that. Sadly Bodvasson and the 7.5 million cripple will never get to his level (or in the latter case on the pitch even).

Sorry, I just want to make sure when you say 7.5 million cripple, you’re refereeing to Puscas who scored 14 goals this season and played 42 games?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Jul 2020 17:56

Hendo
Ascotexgunner

Sorry, I just want to make sure when you say 7.5 million cripple, you’re refereeing to Puscas who scored 14 goals this season and played 42 games?

Odd post, poorly worded.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Jul 2020 19:34

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Ascotexgunner

Odd post, poorly worded.

Could be construed as Aluko or Joao too

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Jul 2020 19:38

Hound
NewCorkSeth

I'm struggling to think of an alternative to his first year

He was definitely good in the play off season, just not pots good

Norwood was our POTS from August to January, but he was poor from January onwards whereas Al Habsi was our best player from January onwards but poor from August to January. Guess the more recent events will always stick out more though

Think Moore should have won the POTS that year. Yann was crucial for us but we seemed to still cope without him on the whole and whilst Al Habsi made plenty of good saves, never felt truly comfortable with him on the ball, which was a big thing of Stam’s style. Seemed to collapse quite badly when Moore wasn’t playing that season, albeit only occurring on a couple of occasions

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Jul 2020 19:41

URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Odd post, poorly worded.

1 isn’t a striker and I don’t think (compared with his other faults) Aluko’s injury record is bad at all and the other didn’t cost anywhere near £7.5m

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Jul 2020 19:42

Hendo
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Odd post, poorly worded.

1 isn’t a striker and I don’t think (compared with his other faults) Aluko’s injury record is bad at all and the other didn’t cost anywhere near £7.5m

Did think that but then I don’t know why Puscas would be referred to as a “cripple” so was a bit confused

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Jul 2020 19:43

URZZZZ
Hendo
URZZZZ

Did think that but then I don’t know why Puscas would be referred to as a “cripple” so was a bit confused

Not sure why anyone should be referred to as "cripple" tbh.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 24 Jul 2020 19:46

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Hendo

Maybe the original poster has some sort of agenda against Puscas, but yes no one should be referred to as a cripple. Maybe apart from Cripple Creek, formerly of this parish.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Jul 2020 19:47

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ

Maybe the original poster has some sort of agenda against Puscas, but yes no one should be referred to as a cripple. Maybe apart from Cripple Creek, formerly of this parish.

Well if there is an agenda I think he might be happy quite soon, would bet a fair wedge Puscas will be off.