Season 20/21

928 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Season 20/21

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Sep 2020 07:49

Nameless
Notts Royal
Will Dai give his man the same amount of time? Bowen showed considerable improvement but it wasn’t enough. Both those podcasts have alluded to that and said what Reading really need is stability and Bowen started to provide that but we pulled the trigger too quickly.

It’s highly unlikely Paunovic is going to be able to work out the squad before the start of the season so there’s a fair chance we will be slow starters and then panic buy on transfer deadline day again. I’m hoping that doesn’t happen as we have a decent enough 1st team and what they badly need is time, and a bit more depth. Hopefully strategy will change and they will be given that time, but history tells us there’s no point holding out any hope!

You are just so relentlessly negative !
You’ve talked yourself into such a downbeat approach for very little reason.
Just stop over analysing, try being a little more objective ! This is just football, really not worth being a depressive for no reason.....

He is a typical Reading supporter. A bed wetter.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 08 Sep 2020 09:17

There is tons of bed wetting going on. I for one am excited for new season and looking forward to how we shape up on Saturday, but yes could be depressed come 5pm.

New manager would of seen tons of footage, those close to the club would tell him who were the regular starters and not forgetting he will have his own style of play which may take Derby by surprise. Its an unknown, it could be a revelation, it could be god damn awful, none of us can do anything about it (apart from not watching), enjoy.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Sep 2020 09:48

paultheroyal There is tons of bed wetting going on. I for one am excited for new season and looking forward to how we shape up on Saturday, but yes could be depressed come 5pm.

New manager would of seen tons of footage, those close to the club would tell him who were the regular starters and not forgetting he will have his own style of play which may take Derby by surprise. Its an unknown, it could be a revelation, it could be god damn awful, none of us can do anything about it (apart from not watching), enjoy.

And Derby just lost 2 important players.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 08 Sep 2020 09:48

paultheroyal There is tons of bed wetting going on. I for one am excited for new season and looking forward to how we shape up on Saturday, but yes could be depressed come 5pm.

Well said, take a seat on the rollercoaster and enjoy it!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Sep 2020 11:26

paultheroyal There is tons of bed wetting going on.

Are you new here?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 08 Sep 2020 11:37

Silver Fox
paultheroyal There is tons of bed wetting going on.

Are you new here?

I have these special pants now that I change every morning and put in the bin. makes it so much easier being a Reading fan these days.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Sep 2020 12:28

Nameless
Notts Royal
Will Dai give his man the same amount of time? Bowen showed considerable improvement but it wasn’t enough. Both those podcasts have alluded to that and said what Reading really need is stability and Bowen started to provide that but we pulled the trigger too quickly.

It’s highly unlikely Paunovic is going to be able to work out the squad before the start of the season so there’s a fair chance we will be slow starters and then panic buy on transfer deadline day again. I’m hoping that doesn’t happen as we have a decent enough 1st team and what they badly need is time, and a bit more depth. Hopefully strategy will change and they will be given that time, but history tells us there’s no point holding out any hope!

Just stop over analysing, try being a little more objective ! This is just football, really not worth being a depressive for no reason.....

Ignore him Notts, apparently it's only objective if it involves positivity.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Sep 2020 12:37

Well.. Rafael might go as predicted by a few on here.. thats not good. I hope Southwood can step up if so, I love academy keepers. CBC at number 3 would be tasty..

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 09 Sep 2020 17:24

When did we sign Bafetimbi Gomis?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Sep 2020 09:06

Confirmed that Holsgrove has moved to Celta Vigo on a permanent deal. Also happens to be his birthday today.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Sep 2020 09:14

Stranded Confirmed that Holsgrove has moved to Celta Vigo on a permanent deal. Also happens to be his birthday today.

Good luck to him. Hopefully we've put a nice sell-on fee/buy back clause in there.

Seem to be well stacked in his position so you would've thought that chances were limited.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 10 Sep 2020 09:57

Interesting one, I would have though in a 4231 or 352 he'd be suited to being one of the deeper midfielders along with laurent, rinomhota and swift so probably would have had quite a few games this year. Think we actually look a bit short there now. Hopefully its a good move for him though, not sure many players would turn down a move to la liga.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 10 Sep 2020 10:17

Simon's Church

That is not racist.....

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Sep 2020 10:18

Simon's Church

Every black guy with dreadlocks looks the same?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 10 Sep 2020 10:47

This thread has taken. A worrying turn

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 10 Sep 2020 11:11

SouthDownsRoyal This thread has taken. A worrying turn

Not worrying, just me and my gr8 m8 OMA pointing out the obvious racism.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 10 Sep 2020 11:12

Snowflake Royal
Nameless
Notts Royal

Ignore him Notts, apparently it's only objective if it involves positivity.

Yes I am obviously pissed off more at this point than any other as a Reading fan, but I was more than positive with Bowen, more than positive when we appointed Clement etc. So the tag of depressive isn’t correct there Nameless.

Do I agree with how we’re currently being run? 100% not. Do I have any reason to be positive with this new guy? 100% not

This board is for opinions isn’t it? Not a self-help guide or yoga session, trying to find any kind of positives out of the current situation!

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 10 Sep 2020 11:16

Simmops
SouthDownsRoyal This thread has taken. A worrying turn

Not worrying, just me and my gr8 m8 OMA pointing out the obvious racism.

Coool.

Good on you both

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 10 Sep 2020 11:18

And let’s just say I’m not alone in the opinion that we are currently a shambles. Ady Williams, Kevin Dillon, Second Tier Podcast, Not The Top 20 Podcast are just a few examples of people/bodies who understand football better than us, who have said we’re going in the wrong direction. Baldock & Blackett’s comments would also suggest things aren’t good.

We have enough quality not to go down this season, but it’s very unlikely the trend will improve if a short-term approach continues rather than a long-term gradual progression.

Rinomhota is a superb player...I hope that’s enough positivity for Nameless now :wink:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Sep 2020 12:08

Simon's Church Hopefully its a good move for him though, not sure many players would turn down a move to la liga.

Yeh, this. It's not like we've offloaded him to Oxford.

928 posts