Season 20/21

928 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Season 20/21

by Nameless » 15 Sep 2020 14:25

SCIAG Yep happy with this - although of course would be happier if my ST also bought me iFollow access :wink:

I know people don’t like me banging on about supporter’s rights and so forth but I was a little put off by this in the FAQs:
All tickets purchased will be strictly non-transferable and will include the attendees’ name. Attendees are requested to bring photo ID with them on a matchday as spot checks will be in place. All purchasers will be required to confirm compliance with a new supporter code of conduct and relevant terms and conditions at the point of purchase, which will include a requirement for ticket holders to provide a COVID-19 self-certification. This sounds quite onerous, but it is for your safety and those of fellow fans.

I would strongly prefer 1) ID checks to be limited to circumstances where individuals are thought to be using a concession ticket they are not entitled to, or purchase alcohol, and 2) tickets to be fully transferable, within those boundaries. I don’t usually carry ID and believe that demanding it goes against our right to privacy.

In this case it is more about track and trace I would think. If tickets could be shared around it would make it harder to quickly contact people if someone they sat near tested positive.
They could presumably implement a system where you logged who was using the ticket at each game but that would be an extra cost, probably not accurate and sets a precedent.
It causes me a problem, but will be interesting to see how strictly enforced it is.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Sep 2020 14:30

SCIAG Yep happy with this - although of course would be happier if my ST also bought me iFollow access :wink:

I know people don’t like me banging on about supporter’s rights and so forth but I was a little put off by this in the FAQs:
All tickets purchased will be strictly non-transferable and will include the attendees’ name. Attendees are requested to bring photo ID with them on a matchday as spot checks will be in place. All purchasers will be required to confirm compliance with a new supporter code of conduct and relevant terms and conditions at the point of purchase, which will include a requirement for ticket holders to provide a COVID-19 self-certification. This sounds quite onerous, but it is for your safety and those of fellow fans.

I would strongly prefer 1) ID checks to be limited to circumstances where individuals are thought to be using a concession ticket they are not entitled to, or purchase alcohol, and 2) tickets to be fully transferable, within those boundaries. I don’t usually carry ID and believe that demanding it goes against our right to privacy.

You are not being forced to attend so if you don't agree with the Terms and Conditions simply don't. I never understand why people have an issue carrying a form of ID but each to their own.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Sep 2020 14:36

Lower West

The club could ultimately repay the advance credit by allowing access.

Bit surprised they didn’t allow you to use the credit to pay forifollow but I guess the credit is with RFC and I follow is a separate company who pay RFC a share of revenue. The club will want all the credit to stay within the club because tgey’ve Probably spent it already !

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Sep 2020 14:48

Stranded

You are not being forced to attend so if you don't agree with the Terms and Conditions simply don't. I never understand why people have an issue carrying a form of ID but each to their own.

Always seems odd to me as I have my driving license with me wherever I go.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Sep 2020 14:52

Hendo
Stranded

I have photos of a couple of bits of Id on my phone. Saves carrying originals and always seem to be accepted.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Sep 2020 15:04

Hendo
Stranded

Indeed and unlike here that legally must have your address printed on it too.

Anyway, very nice move by the club and the fairest way to do it I think

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Sep 2020 15:08

Apart from the track and trace issues if there's only 1000 tickets available it would be a bit rude if some STH notched a ticket and then just gave it to some other mook

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Sep 2020 15:15

Stranded

The old Harry Willcock line I’m afraid. I do completely accept your argument that the club has a right to do as it pleases and I have a right to protest or not attend, so in that sense it’s not quite full Willcock.

But I don’t drive, I don’t purchase age restricted products, and I think the benefit of carrying my passport at all times is outweighed by the increased risk of losing it. Nameless’s photograph solution is a good one for anyone whose concerns are solely practical.

No access to toilets makes it impossible for me to attend anyway, so if that’s true then my other complaints are moot.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Sep 2020 15:35

SCIAG
Stranded

The old Harry Willcock line I’m afraid. I do completely accept your argument that the club has a right to do as it pleases and I have a right to protest or not attend, so in that sense it’s not quite full Willcock.

But I don’t drive, I don’t purchase age restricted products, and I think the benefit of carrying my passport at all times is outweighed by the increased risk of losing it. Nameless’s photograph solution is a good one for anyone whose concerns are solely practical.

No access to toilets makes it impossible for me to attend anyway, so if that’s true then my other complaints are moot.

Another fully grown man who can't drive, beggars belief! You should speak to Ian and maybe get a tandem bike.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 15 Sep 2020 15:38

Old Man Andrews
SCIAG
Stranded

Another fully grown man who can't drive, beggars belief! You should speak to Ian and maybe get a tandem bike.

Nowt wrong with not driving. Was 33 when I finally passed. Had seen no point upto then.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Sep 2020 15:54

Stranded
Old Man Andrews
SCIAG The old Harry Willcock line I’m afraid. I do completely accept your argument that the club has a right to do as it pleases and I have a right to protest or not attend, so in that sense it’s not quite full Willcock.

Nowt wrong with not driving. Was 33 when I finally passed. Had seen no point upto then.

Adults should drive unless they have medical issues preventing them from doing so. It's embarrassing.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Sep 2020 15:58

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Sep 2020 16:00

Old Man Andrews
Stranded
Old Man Andrews Another fully grown man who can't drive, beggars belief! You should speak to Ian and maybe get a tandem bike.

Adults should drive unless they have medical issues preventing them from doing so. It's embarrassing.

:| If you live or grow up in a city where public transport is good and reliable, there is no reason to drive.

I was learning to drive at 17, but lost my job so couldn't afford anymore lessons. Went to uni when I never picked it back up because in Lincoln you can walk pretty much everywhere and I only picked it back up when I came back at 21 because I was living in Tadley at the time and the bus service is pretty shocking.

If I grew up in Reading, I might not have bothered and if I grew up in London, I certainly wouldn't have bothered. I've been living here for nearly a year now and never had the need to use a car and even without lockdown, I wouldn't have needed one.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 15 Sep 2020 16:01

Nobody should drive. It's killing the planet

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Sep 2020 16:02

Simon's Church Nobody should drive. It's killing the planet

Calm down Greta.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Sep 2020 16:05

Hendo
Old Man Andrews
Stranded

:| If you live or grow up in a city where public transport is good and reliable, there is no reason to drive.

I was learning to drive at 17, but lost my job so couldn't afford anymore lessons. Went to uni when I never picked it back up because in Lincoln you can walk pretty much everywhere and I only picked it back up when I came back at 21 because I was living in Tadley at the time and the bus service is pretty shocking.

If I grew up in Reading, I might not have bothered and if I grew up in London, I certainly wouldn't have bothered. I've been living here for nearly a year now and never had the need to use a car and even without lockdown, I wouldn't have needed one.

Surely learning to drive is just one of those things you do? You gain independence, have more job opportunities, have the ability to get somewhere in the event of an emergency etc. There are so many reasons to at least pass your test even if you do not want to drive a car, I get why somebody might not need to drive a car but to not pass a test is ridiculous.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Sep 2020 16:08

Old Man Andrews
Hendo
Old Man Andrews Adults should drive unless they have medical issues preventing them from doing so. It's embarrassing.

Surely learning to drive is just one of those things you do? You gain independence, have more job opportunities, have the ability to get somewhere in the event of an emergency etc. There are so many reasons to at least pass your test even if you do not want to drive a car, I get why somebody might not need to drive a car but to not pass a test is ridiculous.

It is oxf*rd expensive for something you may or may not choose to do and if you're just going to take a test and then only drive periodically, you're going to be so nervous driving each time as you just don't have that experience that comes with driving repeatedly and become a danger to yourself and others.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Sep 2020 16:11

Is OMA suggesting everyone should learn to drive and presumably by a car "just in case"?

What an absolute crank

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Sep 2020 16:20

Silver Fox Is OMA suggesting everyone should learn to drive and presumably by a car "just in case"?

What an absolute crank

It's a really weird stance, if anything we should be driving less.

For the record I learnt to drive just in case I might need it one day. Haven't driven since I passed my test in 2012, never particularly enjoyed driving and I enjoy walking.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Sep 2020 16:23

Silver Fox Is OMA suggesting everyone should learn to drive and presumably by a car "just in case"?

What an absolute crank

No I'm just saying it is surely an option that everyone would enjoy having. By all means choose not to be a car owner but why not have the licence to give you that option to drive if you want to?

928 posts