End of season ratings

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

End of season ratings

by Westwood52 » 31 Jul 2020 12:29

Rafael 6 Few major howlers;but that nagging feeling that he should have saved a few.Poor short and long kicks;a constant problem.

Yids 7 When he played.Season ruined by two major injuries.Physical and aggressive ,but lacking in finesse.A good buy however.
Gunter 6 After a couple of poor previous seasons,was back to average this season.Standing off his winger still a problem.
Osho 7 Very promising.
Obita 5 Still a good crosser;but two bad injuries have left him unable to put in much of an influence in games.
Richards 6 Targeted early season,then hit good form;then dropped off post lockdown.
Blackett 6 Better,but still prone to lapses of concentration.
Moore 5 Bit iffy really.Had his moments,then let himself down.
Miazga 5 Bad injury,stupid sending off.More influential last year.
Morrison 6 Started with three or four goals against him,but was reasonably solid thereafter.Limited mobility however.
McIntire 5 Great against Luton,but needs to beef up over the break,too easily bossed.
Rino 6 Started with second season syndrome,but then got back into it as the season progressed.Limited however,but strong at driving at the opposition.
Pele 6 Again injury ruined season.Some games he did look top class.Sorry to see him go.
Swift 6 TBF he kept offering himself when he was completely off his game.I really don’t think he is good enough for the Prem.
Ejaria 6 There is a great player in there somewhere,but he needs to be more consistent and find a pass rather than try to beat the third man.We are so much more dangerous with him.
Olise 8 Apart from his shooting,which needs to improve we have got someone special here.
Macca 6 Occasionally showed glimpses of his best days.
Masika 5 Never really got a chance,but looks a one trick pony.
Baldock 5 Towards the end of the season,veered towards a 6.Rarely used properly.
Meite 7 You can’t argue with 17 goals can you.Bit of a bull in a china shop though.Will he get better?
Jao 6 Injury ruined season.
Puskas 6 Rarely injured.A return of 13 goals probably fair enough.I think it would be a mistake to sell him.I have this nagging feeling he could be very sharp next season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: End of season ratings

by Hound » 31 Jul 2020 13:46

Swift 6? ie same as McCleary?

enough said

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 31 Jul 2020 13:49

Hound Swift 6? ie same as McCleary?

enough said

Masika same as McIntyre , Osho 2 higher than McIntyre ?

I’m not sure a ranking like this makes sense.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jul 2020 14:10

I'm amazed anyone read that. Bit of spacing would be nice. Easier on the eyes.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jul 2020 14:27

Westwood52 Rafael 6 Few major howlers;but that nagging feeling that he should have saved a few.Poor short and long kicks;a constant problem.

Yids 7 When he played.Season ruined by two major injuries.Physical and aggressive ,but lacking in finesse.A good buy however.
Gunter 6 After a couple of poor previous seasons,was back to average this season.Standing off his winger still a problem.
Osho 7 Very promising.
Obita 5 Still a good crosser;but two bad injuries have left him unable to put in much of an influence in games.
Richards 6 Targeted early season,then hit good form;then dropped off post lockdown.
Morrison 6 Started with three or four goals against him,but was reasonably solid thereafter.Limited mobility however.
McIntire 5 Great against Luton,but needs to beef up over the break,too easily bossed.
Rino 6 Started with second season syndrome,but then got back into it as the season progressed.Limited however,but strong at driving at the opposition.
Pele 6 Again injury ruined season.Some games he did look top class.Sorry to see him go.
Swift 6 TBF he kept offering himself when he was completely off his game.I really don’t think he is good enough for the Prem.
Ejaria 6 There is a great player in there somewhere,but he needs to be more consistent and find a pass rather than try to beat the third man.We are so much more dangerous with him.
Olise 8 Apart from his shooting,which needs to improve we have got someone special here.
Baldock 5 Towards the end of the season,veered towards a 6.Rarely used properly.
Meite 7 You can’t argue with 17 goals can you.Bit of a bull in a china shop though.Will he get better?
Puskas 6 Rarely injured.A return of 13 goals probably fair enough.I think it would be a mistake to sell him.I have this nagging feeling he could be very sharp next season.

You are by far the thickest person on the teamboard and that is some achievement given the competition.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jul 2020 14:28

NewCorkSeth I'm amazed anyone read that. Bit of spacing would be nice. Easier on the eyes.

I saw the first rating and comment for Rafael and stopped. Thick as mince.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 31 Jul 2020 14:47

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth I'm amazed anyone read that. Bit of spacing would be nice. Easier on the eyes.

Can’t tell you how disappointed I would have been,if you hadn’t reacted.You need a course refresher,though.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jul 2020 14:48

Westwood52
Old Man Andrews

Can’t tell you how disappointed I would have been,if you hadn’t reacted.You need a course refresher,though.

Thanks, for, reinforcing, my, point.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 Jul 2020 21:19

Old Man Andrews

Think I'm starting to get dimentia, I don't remember Rafael with any major howlers or being poor at kicking. I stopped as well.
I can only assume maybe he has got mixed up with Virginia.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 31 Jul 2020 21:23

Why the need to throw out the insultS ‘OMA’ ?

Another thread needlessly wrecked

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jul 2020 21:52

Westwood52 Rafael 6 Few major howlers;but that nagging feeling that he should have saved a few.Poor short and long kicks;a constant problem.

Osho 7 Very promising.

Agree with a lot of these but would have Rafael as a 7, McIntyre 6, Olise 6, GMac 5.
Olise has great promise but his finishing is poor. He showed some lovely skill and put some great crosses in
Swift 6/7. Plenty of assists but struggled at times. Miazga the big disappointment. I expected him to be key for us but it just didn’t happen.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 31 Jul 2020 21:58

Pusk(c)as got 14.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jul 2020 22:00

windermereROYAL Pusk(c)as got 14.

Indeed.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jul 2020 22:05

AthleticoSpizz Why the need to throw out the insultS ‘OMA’ ?

Because he is thick.

Go away, do one.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 31 Jul 2020 22:07

Classy, well done

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 31 Jul 2020 23:34

Old Man Andrews
Westwood52
Old Man Andrews I saw the first rating and comment for Rafael and stopped. Thick as mince.

Thanks, for, reinforcing, my, point.

Found a better one for you; you can get 20% off your first session.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 06 Aug 2020 08:02

Old Man Andrews
AthleticoSpizz Why the need to throw out the insultS ‘OMA’ ?

Because he is thick.

Go away, do one.

Have you always been a bully ? Somebody posts something with their opinions and you react like that . That’s the whole point of a discussion board.

You’re so hard and brave hiding behind your keyboard tapping away and abusing decent people for expressing an opinion you disagree with. You must feel very pleased with yourself knowing you upset people.

Don’t bother replying you pathetic sad bully .

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 06 Aug 2020 08:25

Agree ratings are rather off, but shame others had to destroy an interesting debate with name calling. Surely, it does not make sense to rate Olise as our highest rated player given he did not score a single goal and did not get many assists ... our top rated players despite their faults have to be Swift, Rafael, Meite, Pele, Morrison given their overall contribution. But none of them were great. You could rate Olise maybe as an 8 in a separate category of 'hot prospects' but under overall contribution he's a 5.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 06 Aug 2020 09:54

Nameless
Hound Swift 6? ie same as McCleary?

enough said

Masika same as McIntyre , Osho 2 higher than McIntyre ?

I’m not sure a ranking like this makes sense.

McIntyre is an interesting one.Against Luton,he played really well;but there again he might not have been up against much.The following games,I just felt he got bullied.If Moore goes;we may well be relying on McIntyre next season.I agree Morrison had a solid season;but there were a few howlers from him early in the season;which because they were so long ago are easily forgotten.Generally not one player had a great season.I voted for Rafael as POS,only because he was reasonably solid throughout the season.I gave Olise a high score as he did have some consistent Wow moments and after lock down I could never understand why he was consistently subbed.We always seemed to lose something after he was benched.I agree though ,he should have ended the season with three or four goals.I think most of us have a strong suspicion that 20/21 is going to be another very difficult season.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 06 Aug 2020 10:40

Royalwaster Agree ratings are rather off, but shame others had to destroy an interesting debate with name calling. Surely, it does not make sense to rate Olise as our highest rated player given he did not score a single goal and did not get many assists ... our top rated players despite their faults have to be Swift, Rafael, Meite, Pele, Morrison given their overall contribution. But none of them were great. You could rate Olise maybe as an 8 in a separate category of 'hot prospects' but under overall contribution he's a 5.

Agree with this.
Olise is all about what he might become rather than what he has done.