New FFP rules

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: New FFP rules

by RoyalBlue » 25 Mar 2021 10:27

Forbury Lion If our owners have a second profit making business and they create a holding company that this profit making business and Reading FC's current holding company roll up into, would the FFP rules be based on the new company at the top of the pyramid?

I'm sure all possibilities are being explored. It's a bit like the tax system. There are some very smart finance people drawing up the rules but some even smarter finance people (often former rule-makers) looking to find ways around them! The former group generally work on behalf of everyone, whereas the latter only work for those rich enough to be able to afford their services.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 25 Mar 2021 14:21

skipper Really wish we had sold Loader to Wolves.
Wondered hobnob hadn't logged on for a while.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 25 Mar 2021 15:43

Forbury Lion

I log in most days!

All I mean is, were we not we offered 10 mil for him? He was in the last year of his contract.... we should have seen the $$$$$ signs and gone with it.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Mar 2021 19:55

skipper
Forbury Lion

I log in most days!

All I mean is, were we not we offered 10 mil for him? He was in the last year of his contract.... we should have seen the $$$$$ signs and gone with it.

Sadly no one expected him to be hugely underwhelming

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 25 Mar 2021 21:41

skipper
Forbury Lion

I log in most days!

I don’t think we were offered very much at all.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Mar 2021 14:33

Zip
skipper
Forbury Lion Wondered hobnob hadn't logged on for a while.

I log in most days!

In the Danny Loader thread in the Rumours section at the time someone suggested it was £8m (couldn’t see it being anywhere near that myself but then PL clubs can go megasilly if they really want a player) but given his age any fee would probably have been made up of a bit up front plus more for appearances, international recognition etc. therefore selling him to Wolves probably wouldn’t have made a great deal of difference to FFP.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 26 Mar 2021 15:21

Sutekh
Zip
skipper
I log in most days!

In the Danny Loader thread in the Rumours section at the time someone suggested it was £8m (couldn’t see it being anywhere near that myself but then PL clubs can go megasilly if they really want a player) but given his age any fee would probably have been made up of a bit up front plus more for appearances, international recognition etc. therefore selling him to Wolves probably wouldn’t have made a great deal of difference to FFP.

Played 23 times for Porto B and scored six goals according to his wiki entry. Better scoring rate than he had for us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Mar 2021 15:34

Norfolk Royal
Sutekh
Zip

Played 23 times for Porto B and scored six goals according to his wiki entry. Better scoring rate than he had for us.

It’s ok but is this the same standard as the Championship? Not sure he’s going to kick on.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 29 Mar 2021 10:26

Zip
Norfolk Royal
Sutekh

It’s ok but is this the same standard as the Championship? Not sure he’s going to kick on.

Neither am I.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Mar 2021 12:22

Zip
Norfolk Royal
Sutekh

Worth noting that 4 of those 6 came from the penalty spot. He's not actually found the net since scoring a penalt on the 11th Jan - about 850 mins of playing time.

Porto B are rock bottom of the 2nd division over there though do have a game in hand - all in all not having a great season over there.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Mar 2021 12:49

Stranded
Zip
Norfolk Royal

Worth noting that 4 of those 6 came from the penalty spot. He's not actually found the net since scoring a penalt on the 11th Jan - about 850 mins of playing time.

Porto B are rock bottom of the 2nd division over there though do have a game in hand - all in all not having a great season over there.

Maybe he's just not particularly good.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Mar 2021 19:09

WestYorksRoyal
Stranded
Zip

Maybe he's just not particularly good.

I normally hate criticisms of effort because they just seem such a lazy easy get out for not liking someone.

But Loader is a bit of an exception for me. He never really seemed to try to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and make a difference. It was all just nice technique, no real oomph. You compare him to the way Rino burst on to the scene all action and industry, and Olise taking the piss left right and centre, and well, Loader was just rather lacklustre and bland. You never really saw him go "I fancy this" and take someone on or have a crack at goal with conviction (bar his goal vs Middlesbrough).

He seemed like he had such potential in the youth team, but maybe that all came a bit easy for him and he didn't really have the winner desire.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Mar 2021 21:23

He is still only 20 so time is on his side but he does need to make a breakthrough in the next couple of seasons.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 29 Mar 2021 21:27

Stranded
Zip
Norfolk Royal

And as if by magic...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Mar 2021 21:32

Orion1871
Stranded
Zip

And as if by magic...

Happy to have been of assistance.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 30 Mar 2021 08:20

Stranded
Zip
Norfolk Royal

Didn't know that, so not very impressive at all really. Although at least we know he could have taken penalties.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 30 Mar 2021 08:54

Norfolk Royal
Stranded
Zip

Didn't know that, so not very impressive at all really. Although at least we know he could have taken penalties.

As alluded to above, he did score yesterday and was a very good poachers finish, also hit the post trying to chip the keeper.

Highlights here including both the goal and chip - Loader's goal made it 3-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx5dmUL7jpE