MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a) sponsored by things to come

268 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Derby County (a) sponsored by things to come

by Sutekh » 13 Sep 2020 06:43

Kitsondinho
AthleticoSpizz
windermereROYAL All you Aluko haters can f*ck right off, all players can start off on a clean slate under new management, disgusting you were booing when he came on before he came on as sub.
at this stage

^this^

However, our resident expert has probably been peeking through the training ground fence and knows what’s best :lol:

Indeed this. He was decent in the cup (yes, it was only Colchester) and decent again today. No, he hasn’t been spectacular in either game...but having some experience around like him will help the squad. Also, I suspect not having to be THE man (with the hefty price tag) will help him. He could be a useful squad player/sub this year. If that happens we might actual get a tiny amount of the £££ we spent on him back...

...or earn himself a new contract :?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Sep 2020 07:01

Sutekh
Kitsondinho
AthleticoSpizz at this stage

^this^

However, our resident expert has probably been peeking through the training ground fence and knows what’s best :lol:

Indeed this. He was decent in the cup (yes, it was only Colchester) and decent again today. No, he hasn’t been spectacular in either game...but having some experience around like him will help the squad. Also, I suspect not having to be THE man (with the hefty price tag) will help him. He could be a useful squad player/sub this year. If that happens we might actual get a tiny amount of the £££ we spent on him back...

...or earn himself a new contract :?

Don't put that out into the world!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Sep 2020 08:48

cornflake Does anyone know who to contact about a refund ,as ifollow wasn't working very well for me.
No picture or sound at all in the second half.
Cheers

supporterservices@readingfc.co.uk

Probably the place to start, they may direct you to IFollow but should give you contact details.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 13 Sep 2020 09:43

Lower West
SouthDownsRoyal
Lower West
That was Bowen's team.............

There's a long way to go yet.

The signings to come have to be right.

Long way to go sure but how long can you say any future wins are down to Jim Bowen?

Let's see what plan B is when key players aren't available.

Fair point

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 13 Sep 2020 09:54

Essentially that was Bowen s team yesterday;but fair play to Paunović he did manage to get them revved up;which MB rarely managed to achieve.We now seem to be strong in most areas bar LB and cover for Jao.Early days but we might actually do something this season.A lot of pundits have us down as relegation fodder;up theirs big time.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2020 10:00

Westwood52 Essentially that was Bowen s team yesterday;but fair play to Paunović he did manage to get them revved up;which MB rarely managed to achieve.We now seem to be strong in most areas bar LB and cover for Jao.Early days but we might actually do something this season.A lot of pundits have us down as relegation fodder;up theirs big time.

Let’s face it though Bowen would have brought on a defender at half time and sat on the edge of our box for the rest of the game trying to defend the lead.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Sep 2020 10:05

CountryRoyal
Westwood52 Essentially that was Bowen s team yesterday;but fair play to Paunović he did manage to get them revved up;which MB rarely managed to achieve.We now seem to be strong in most areas bar LB and cover for Jao.Early days but we might actually do something this season.A lot of pundits have us down as relegation fodder;up theirs big time.

Let’s face it though Bowen would have brought on a defender at half time and sat on the edge of our box for the rest of the game trying to defend the lead.

+1.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Sep 2020 10:17

:roll:

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 13 Sep 2020 10:38

We have six midfielders for five positions. I’d be comfortable with Baldock playing on the left, but after that you’re getting into Araruna and Aluko, neither of whom really has a defined position. I’d like someone to compete with Laurent and Rinomhota.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Sep 2020 11:36

SCIAG

We have six midfielders for five positions. I’d be comfortable with Baldock playing on the left, but after that you’re getting into Araruna and Aluko, neither of whom really has a defined position. I’d like someone to compete with Laurent and Rinomhota.

Yeah.

When Meite is back after Luton you have to assume he slots in.

Be interesting to see how that works...

.......Rino, Swift
Meite, Olise, Ejaria

....Rino, Laurent
Meite, Swift, Ejaria

....Rino, Laurent
Meite, Olise, Ejaria

.....Rino, Laurent
Meite, Ejaria, Olise

:?:

Option 2 seems most likely, but harsh on Olise who is really delivering at the moment. Two assists and another two great chances created we probably should have scored from.

Whichever, it means we've got at least some midfield cover, but paper thin and agree it's not really enough and we absolutely miss someone to cover Rino and Laurent.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Sep 2020 11:40

How was that Bowen’s team ? If anything it was Gomes’ team. Whofrom that line up was not here under Jose ?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 13 Sep 2020 11:41

Are Sheffield Utd not still after Mete?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Sep 2020 11:41

NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

+1.

You guys realise that we had no shots on target second half and brought on a CB to play DM at the end, right?

You'd be crying about shutting up shop and not going for it second half had Bowen been in charge, yet here you are saying the reverse because he isn't. :lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Sep 2020 12:19

Snowflake Royal
SCIAG

Yeah.

When Meite is back after Luton you have to assume he slots in.

Be interesting to see how that works...

.......Rino, Swift
Meite, Olise, Ejaria

....Rino, Laurent
Meite, Swift, Ejaria

....Rino, Laurent
Meite, Olise, Ejaria

.....Rino, Laurent
Meite, Ejaria, Olise

:?:

Option 2 seems most likely, but harsh on Olise who is really delivering at the moment. Two assists and another two great chances created we probably should have scored from.

Whichever, it means we've got at least some midfield cover, but paper thin and agree it's not really enough and we absolutely miss someone to cover Rino and Laurent.

I just don’t think you should change a winning team

Meite was certainly one of our better players in the second half of last season and although it looked good yesterday, still not 100% sure of cramming Swift, Olise and Ejaria into the same team but it would send out the wrong message making changes after a good 2-0 away victory

Obviously, if we use the same team on Tuesday and lose then that’ll be totally different considering Luton and Barnsley will likely approach the game more similarly than Derby did

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Sep 2020 12:26

I'm shocked you don't think Meite should start URRZZZ

:lol:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2020 12:38

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

+1.

You guys realise that we had no shots on target second half and brought on a CB to play DM at the end, right?

You'd be crying about shutting up shop and not going for it second half had Bowen been in charge, yet here you are saying the reverse because he isn't. :lol:

Unfair. I did say my only complaint was that we weren't ruthless enough and pushed for more goals. That being said, we hit the bar and had a one on one which we should have scored. The substitution you eluded to took place in the 88th minute as well, its hardly like taking the lead and almost immediately making a defensive change and tactic, which we saw so often under Bowen.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Sep 2020 12:42

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth +1.

Unfair. I did say my only complaint was that we weren't ruthless enough and pushed for more goals. That being said, we hit the bar and had a one on one which we should have scored. The substitution you eluded to took place in the 88th minute as well, its hardly like taking the lead and almost immediately making a defensive change and tactic, which we saw so often under Bowen.

I'd like to see some actual factual examples to back that up rather than just you saying it's true, because I didn't agree with it when you said during or after the games themselves, so I'm certainly not doing it now.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Sep 2020 12:54

Snowflake Royal I'm shocked you don't think Meite should start URRZZZ

It’s not that, just would be wary of changing an XI that’s just picked up a very good away win

Don’t think any player has the divine right to just walk back in, regardless of who they are

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Sep 2020 13:00

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal I'm shocked you don't think Meite should start URRZZZ

It’s not that, just would be wary of changing an XI that’s just picked up a very good away win

Don’t think any player has the divine right to just walk back in, regardless of who they are

Yeah I'm just mucking about.

But seriously, it's one game. If it was a good run I'd be absolutely on board with making someone work their way in from the subs bench.

Be interesting though, because Meite and Olise are very very different players. Yaks isn't exactly much of a provider.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Sep 2020 13:16

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal You guys realise that we had no shots on target second half and brought on a CB to play DM at the end, right?

I'd like to see some actual factual examples to back that up rather than just you saying it's true, because I didn't agree with it when you said during or after the games themselves, so I'm certainly not doing it now.

I don't really remember saying it during or after the games at the time as I wasn't particularly active last season on here. I've got too much to do at the moment to look into the specifics of the games as such, if you please you're more than welcome to though. I'm not the only one with that sentiment but in the court of public approval, I'm pretty indifferent to Bowen and you're vehemently pro him, therefore there wouldn't be any bias in your defence would there now? :wink:

268 posts