BFT Cardiff iFollow

173 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: BFT Cardiff iFollow

by RoyalBlue » 26 Sep 2020 19:45

Snowflake Royal Very encouraging performance that.

Managed Cardiff's shithousery well, Joao's injury seemed an awkward fall and Araruna's not contact based. Bit slow to start but grew into it and looked the better side. Took our chances ruthlessly. I imagine we're significantly out performing our xGoals again. :roll:

Cabral - 9 some really smart saves and unlucky with their goal
Araruna - 6 lovely cross on him but struggled a bit and had some link up issues with Laurent, then the injury
Richards - 7 did well, growing into a cracking player
Morrison - 8 love this guy, just so reliable
Moore - 8 managed Moore quite well
Rinomhota - 7 noticed him a lot less than normal but consistently good
Laurent - 8 lovely work for Joao's goal, slightly sloppy occasionally, growing into the league
Meite - 8 he just causes a lot of problems, hilariously shit moments followed by great play
Ejaria - 7 ok, wassn't pulling the strings in the middle too brilliantly, hugely talented player but I want quicker play from him
Olise - 7 feel he was a little less effective on the left, but yet another goal contribution from him.
Joao - 9 one of his quieter games, but he's just too good. Long term injury would be devastating, he makes a huge difference. I reckon our record with him playing is phenomenal

Puscas - 7 did his job well
Holmes - 7 covered really well
McIntyre - N/A didn't really notice his involvement

You can't ask for more than three wins. Well you can, you can ask for a cup win and no injuries, but that's just stupidly greedy. Velcro's doing really well to hold us together.

I feared a lot when I heard he wants to play out, and saw how we started. But Joao and Meite offer us those long out balls which we are taking. And Laurent has given us a really solid base to build from and allow all those fancy attackers the chance to shine (not that that don't put their own shift in).

Squad quality is paper thin, but that paper is extremely high quality.

Actually, oxf*rd it, going to give Meite a 10 for managing to step over so many times he tripped himself in the box in the same game as nutmegging a guy so hard he just threw his hands in the air and watched Yaks run off towards goal. That was a very funny performance.

I think Joao's injury was caused by the defender tugging on his arm as he turned and tried to make his way towards goal.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 26 Sep 2020 19:46

Zip
windermereROYAL
linkenholtroyal Good performance not getting carried away 9 points down 37 to go.

37 what?

More points until we are safe

Yep once we hit 46 then we can look at where we could end up. Watford will be a real test of where we are especially with the injuries.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 26 Sep 2020 19:47

Harris reckons Cardiff were the better side; don't know what game he was watching..Joao completely bossed his centre halves.

They actually have some decent players, sadly stifled by his stoneage tactics

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Sep 2020 19:48

Mid Sussex Royal Harris reckons Cardiff were the better side; don't know what game he was watching..Joao completely bossed his centre halves.

Yeah I saw that. Deluded or what.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Sep 2020 19:51

Zip
Mid Sussex Royal Harris reckons Cardiff were the better side; don't know what game he was watching..Joao completely bossed his centre halves.

Assume he only watched the first ten minutes.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Sep 2020 20:35

linkenholtroyal
Zip
windermereROYAL
37 what?

More points until we are safe

Yep once we hit 46 then we can look at where we could end up. Watford will be a real test of where we are especially with the injuries.

As positive as I am, the reality is that this is true, especially based on previous seasons

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Sep 2020 20:38

Zip

This whole quote sums up his attitude to football tbf

"That's what hurts. We're the better team, we've created the better chances, got more balls in the box, more set plays and we've lost the game.”

The world where more set plays and hoofs into the box mean you’re the better side...

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Sep 2020 20:40

Hound
Zip

"That's what hurts. We're the better team, we've created the better chances, got more balls in the box, more set plays and we've lost the game.”

The world where more set plays and hoofs into the box mean you’re the better side...

Jesus thats awful. Even with those lenses on I would struggle to think Cardiff were the better team.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Sep 2020 20:44

Hound
Zip

“We moved the ball better than them”............. giggles.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 26 Sep 2020 20:52

Anybody had a dislocated shoulder ? Do they just snap it back in;leave it for a week and your as good as new ?Yet some people need surgery.Did Moore ever get surgery done ?I have only ever dislocated a finger(volleyball,yeah I know),so I have no idea.A moment of extreme pain while they put it back,then no problems thereafter;despite the doc giving me a shedload of pain killers,which I didn’t need (and I have shares in paracetamol).

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Sep 2020 20:53

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal Very encouraging performance that.

Managed Cardiff's shithousery well, Joao's injury seemed an awkward fall and Araruna's not contact based. Bit slow to start but grew into it and looked the better side. Took our chances ruthlessly. I imagine we're significantly out performing our xGoals again. :roll:

Cabral - 9 some really smart saves and unlucky with their goal
Araruna - 6 lovely cross on him but struggled a bit and had some link up issues with Laurent, then the injury
Richards - 7 did well, growing into a cracking player
Morrison - 8 love this guy, just so reliable
Moore - 8 managed Moore quite well
Rinomhota - 7 noticed him a lot less than normal but consistently good
Laurent - 8 lovely work for Joao's goal, slightly sloppy occasionally, growing into the league
Meite - 8 he just causes a lot of problems, hilariously shit moments followed by great play
Ejaria - 7 ok, wassn't pulling the strings in the middle too brilliantly, hugely talented player but I want quicker play from him
Olise - 7 feel he was a little less effective on the left, but yet another goal contribution from him.
Joao - 9 one of his quieter games, but he's just too good. Long term injury would be devastating, he makes a huge difference. I reckon our record with him playing is phenomenal

Puscas - 7 did his job well
Holmes - 7 covered really well
McIntyre - N/A didn't really notice his involvement

You can't ask for more than three wins. Well you can, you can ask for a cup win and no injuries, but that's just stupidly greedy. Velcro's doing really well to hold us together.

I feared a lot when I heard he wants to play out, and saw how we started. But Joao and Meite offer us those long out balls which we are taking. And Laurent has given us a really solid base to build from and allow all those fancy attackers the chance to shine (not that that don't put their own shift in).

Squad quality is paper thin, but that paper is extremely high quality.

Actually, oxf*rd it, going to give Meite a 10 for managing to step over so many times he tripped himself in the box in the same game as nutmegging a guy so hard he just threw his hands in the air and watched Yaks run off towards goal. That was a very funny performance.

I think Joao's injury was caused by the defender tugging on his arm as he turned and tried to make his way towards goal.

Yeah, but that's just football, 999 times out of 1000 there's no injury.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Sep 2020 20:55

Westwood52 Anybody had a dislocated shoulder ? Do they just snap it back in;leave it for a week and your as good as new ?Yet some people need surgery.Did Moore ever get surgery done ?I have only ever dislocated a finger(volleyball,yeah I know),so I have no idea.A moment of extreme pain while they put it back,then no problems thereafter;despite the doc giving me a shedload of pain killers,which I didn’t need (and I have shares in paracetamol).

Think it can depend on how long it's out for, amongst other factors. Not sure it looked obviously still out.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Sep 2020 20:59

Paunovic said his shoulder went straight back in again. We can only hope he doesn’t need surgery and can return after the international break. I have a feeling Araruna may be facing a season ending injury.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 26 Sep 2020 21:02

If we sign Ng he might have to step right in!

Though, frankly, I think we should sign vowelled players

alfie9

by alfie9 » 26 Sep 2020 21:03

Great result and very enjoyable to watch. I really believe this team can go the distance, if we successfully add some depth.

A lot of people think that because this is the same group of players that have finished low we can't be realistic about going for top 6. But I see major differences in this group. The defense is maturing, and in Rino-Laurenat we finally have a fulcrum in the team that allows our front four a ton of creative freedom. That midfield pairing is the key to our entire season, we need them fit, tackling hard and the occasional drive forward from Rino.

Everyone was superb today. Tactics as well. We will miss Joao next week, but I think a lot of fans underestimate GP. It will be a good test to see if he can hang in this tactical style or not.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Sep 2020 21:11

Appears to be a good man manager. Went onto the pitch immediately after the game and hugged/congratulated each of the players individually.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Sep 2020 21:15

It’ll be interesting to see us without Joao. Basically all of 2020 he has made a huge difference to us when he has been on the pitch. I like Puscas and he did well today but it’s a big ask for him to come in and do the job Joao has done

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Sep 2020 21:17

Lower West Appears to be a good man manager. Went onto the pitch immediately after the game and hugged/congratulated each of the players individually.

I certainly think Liam Moore seems a lot happier and from what Paunovic said the players were really bouncing after the game. Morale has often been a problem in recent seasons.

What is also pleasing is that Richards, Olise and Rinomhota all look comfortable at this level now. That’s very encouraging.

Early days but if Paunovic has the man management skills to get the best out of this group then just maybe we will have an exciting season but we need luck with injuries and I do wonder if we will look back on this day rather less fondly in the months ahead.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Sep 2020 21:18

Snowflake Royal
Westwood52 Anybody had a dislocated shoulder ? Do they just snap it back in;leave it for a week and your as good as new ?Yet some people need surgery.Did Moore ever get surgery done ?I have only ever dislocated a finger(volleyball,yeah I know),so I have no idea.A moment of extreme pain while they put it back,then no problems thereafter;despite the doc giving me a shedload of pain killers,which I didn’t need (and I have shares in paracetamol).

Think it can depend on how long it's out for, amongst other factors. Not sure it looked obviously still out.

Liam Moore has dislocated his shoulder 3 times, I think, in the last 3 seasons and do not believe he has yet had surgery for the problem - though he possibly should. I don’t think Liam missed any games because of it so Joao may well be fine for the next game. We’ll just have to wait and see.
Last edited by Sutekh on 26 Sep 2020 21:21, edited 2 times in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Sep 2020 21:21

I still think Bowen did a decent job setting us up for this season - I think we needed a bit of a hard case to come in and out the sh1ts up a few of the players - such as Moore

Reckon he’d also been pretty hard on the ooc’s and not been swayed to offer contracts when we needed the clear out

Looks like Pauno’s come in with a different approach, got the confidence going, sorted out a few nice set plays and has undoubtedly had a great start

173 posts