Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a) sponsored by Paul McShane

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Oct 2020 21:44

Beautiful.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Oct 2020 21:44

Ascotexgunner
alfie9 Wycombe nearly beating Watford puts things in perspective. We had to grind out that win but it was a good win. A lesser side would've been held.

Wycombe clearly scored a legit winner at the end. Terrible refereeing.

That’s two now. Millwall before.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Oct 2020 21:45

CountryRoyal
Hound Looked a totally different side today - but dodgy at the back and electric going forward

I don’t think we’ve looked dodgy at the back, yes the mistake from Richards at the start but both their goals were quality and almost impossible to defend once the ball came in. Overall I think we’ve defended really well we have constricted them to no really clear cut chances. Rafael only made one really good save and even that wasn’t that clear of a chance.

Agreed we still looked pretty solid at the back and jeez, going forward we are lethal. 4 shots, 4 goals I think tonight.

7 points clear now and unless Bristol beat Bournemouth we go into Coventry on Friday night with a chance to go 10 points clear (or 9 if they do). Just crazy.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 27 Oct 2020 21:46

Crazy times hope many lumped on at an amazing 14/5 :D

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 27 Oct 2020 21:47

Stranded
CountryRoyal
Hound Looked a totally different side today - but dodgy at the back and electric going forward

I don’t think we’ve looked dodgy at the back, yes the mistake from Richards at the start but both their goals were quality and almost impossible to defend once the ball came in. Overall I think we’ve defended really well we have constricted them to no really clear cut chances. Rafael only made one really good save and even that wasn’t that clear of a chance.

Agreed we still looked pretty solid at the back and jeez, going forward we are lethal. 4 shots, 4 goals I think tonight.

7 points clear now and unless Bristol beat Bournemouth we go into Coventry on Friday night with a chance to go 10 points clear (or 9 if they do). Just crazy.

I'm just trying not to get too carried away.
Its not easy

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Oct 2020 21:49

Unbelievable. This team is riding high. The morale must be incredible. Rafael is making top class saves. Our CBs are dominating in the air. Our wing backs are skillful and mature beyond their years. Our CM partnership is built of iron. We have an incredible number of attacking players who are graceful and creative on the ball playing behind the most complete striker in the championship. Pauno has pulled of something really special. He has gotten the most out of players who were up until this point only this good on paper.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Oct 2020 21:51

Wonder what Birmingham fans make of Morrison looking so good. I mean they practically gave him to us.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 27 Oct 2020 21:53

Joao is incredible when fit.

Semedo seems to not quite be match fit but seems to be very decent and had a great performance tonight.

Esteves is the best 18 year old RM in this league, this country and very potentially Europe. He isn't bad at RB.

Swift, Ejaria, Semedo fighting over that one CM position.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Oct 2020 21:53

Stranded
CountryRoyal

They got a lot of good crosses in from too much space down the flanks - esp the left

Dodgy is a bit harsh as Blackburn clearly have talent going forward but that was the least secure I’ve felt this year

Anyway minor quibble - great performance

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Oct 2020 21:53

Ascotexgunner Wonder what Birmingham fans make of Morrison looking so good. I mean they practically gave him to us.

They were gutted he left, rated him really highly.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Oct 2020 21:54

Ascotexgunner Wonder what Birmingham fans make of Morrison looking so good. I mean they practically gave him to us.

Asked my Birmingham supporting mate about that. He said their defence has been shit since he left. He's gutted.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 27 Oct 2020 21:57

CountryRoyal

Yep, even at the time they were in despair at letting him go. Our recruitment post-Gournlay has been incredible.

Joao, Ejaria, Laurent, Morrison, Rafael for £8.75m is unparalleled in recent Championship history. Puscas for £6.75m and Adam for a free do not look like bad value either.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 27 Oct 2020 21:57

Tonight was the first time you could really see the confidence building in the team, the passing was crisp, the defending was good, the midfield is solid and the attacking play was breathtaking at times.
Blackburn are a very good side and we just put four past them!! And the scary thing is, this team is young and getting better all the time....

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Oct 2020 21:59

Cheeky bid for Armstrong in January perhaps...

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 27 Oct 2020 22:01

oxf*rd me, we'll destroy Coventry the way we're playing.

So first defeat of the season incoming.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 27 Oct 2020 22:04

Sutekh Cheeky bid for Armstrong in January perhaps...

If he keeps that up and Blackburn are going nowhere Premier League will snap him up. Most likely a club in relegation trouble.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Oct 2020 22:18

That was sensational.

Blackburn, Armstrong in particular, look exceptionally good going forward. But we're almost perfect when it comes to converting chances.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Oct 2020 22:19

Snowflake Royal That was sensational.

Blackburn, Armstrong in particular, look exceptionally good going forward. But we're almost perfect when it comes to converting chances.

The 2 top scorers in the Championship (Armstrong and Toney) were both sold by Newcastle in 2018..

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Oct 2020 22:22

Chameleon
CountryRoyal

Yep, even at the time they were in despair at letting him go. Our recruitment post-Gournlay has been incredible.

Joao, Ejaria, Laurent, Morrison, Rafael for £8.75m is unparalleled in recent Championship history. Puscas for £6.75m and Adam for a free do not look like bad value either.

Laurent has been our best signing for donkey's imho. He's like a baby rino but he's transformed this team.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Oct 2020 22:22

CountryRoyal
Chameleon
CountryRoyal

Laurent has been our best signing for donkey's imho. He's like a baby rino but he's transformed this team.

And he's ridiculously handsome.

437 posts